Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    He is only 25, so probably still has some room to grow with a new opportunity here - we shall see. On such a minimal contract and not being a big name player - if Stanley starts out performing him then the roles can easily be switched. Morris is a pretty good shooter from range - I would say our training camp will have a huge focus on outside shooting...

I can see Morris playing some PF as well...
    That's what I like about it. If Stanley can live up to his reputation he can be the starter. And anyway around it, Stanley will get a few more minutes so we can see if he can actually play and has potential as a pro. If they would have given someone a max or near max deal then Stanley wouldn't have had as much of an opportunity.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Giannis is 6'11". He'll be playing PF. Middleton and Parker are the SG/SF's.
    You think?... Perhaps,

But remember just last year Kidd said he was going to play Giannis as his PG, I just don't think Giannis has the frame or skillset to play as a PF - he is more valuable as a wing defender / slasher option.

Jabari seems like the perfect new breed hybrid forward with range and both back to the basket / face up offense. Weighs close to 250 pounds also,

Either way they will be amazing at switching on D, MCW / Middelton / Giannis are all capable of guarding 1 - 3,

That's what I like about it. If Stanley can live up to his reputation he can be the starter. And anyway around it, Stanley will get a few more minutes so we can see if he can actually play and has potential as a pro. If they would have given someone a max or near max deal then Stanley wouldn't have had as much of an opportunity.
    Agree 100%

If we got Harris / Carroll etc, Stanley was probably looking at 15 minutes per game, now with Morris, I would say 20 - 25 mins per game

C: Dre (34) Baynes (14)

PF: Ersan (28) Tolliver (12) Morris (6) Miller (2)

SF: Morris (20) Stanley (22) Miller (6)

SG: KCP (32) Meeks (16)

PG: Reggie (36) Dinwiddie (12)

**Based on moving Jennings**

NBA lottery pick

You left out Granger and Bullock from that. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...%28NBA4twit%29

NBA lottery pick

If Granger could actually stay healthy for a season that would be huge.

^^ I left them out because not sure either will make our team this year.

C. Martin
    Prince
    Granger
    Bullock,

I can see one, at most 2 of those guys staying on - if Granger could stay healthy he is BY FAR the best shooter, could find a very nice niche in his later years in the L as a spot up sniper...

Also, here is a clip from Morris when he scored 34 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddVnwPDFCAw

That move at the 36 second mark! Very nice,

And a very smooth jumpshot, lovely mechanics, think he was at around 36% from deep last year, hopefully gets more open looks with Dre down low..

NBA lottery pick

^^ I left them out because not sure either will make our team this year.

C. Martin
    Prince
    Granger
    Bullock,

I can see one, at most 2 of those guys staying on - if Granger could stay healthy he is BY FAR the best shooter, could find a very nice niche in his later years in the L as a spot up sniper...
    Are they on non-guaranteed contracts? If not I don't see how you get rid of all of them. Maybe buy out one or two but that's kind of doubtful with the contracts their on.

NBA lottery pick

Maybe Middleton is the guy that doesn't start there:

[QUOTE]The deal that sent Ersan Ilyasova to Detroit for since-waived players not only opened up cap space for the Bucks to grab Monroe from the Pistons (as if the Pistons actually put up a fight), but a starting slot for John Henson. Henson started just 11 games last season, but he was an absolutely killer shot-blocker when he played

Yeah ^^ I really like Henson, especially next to Monroe, very nice compliment,

Just would be a hard pill to swallow paying a guy 5 years 70 mill to have hm come off the bench, Middleton seems like a nice guy - but not sure how impressed he would be with that,

Either way Middleton should be looking at 30 - 35 minutes per game,

NBA lottery pick

Also outside of Dinwiddie it would appear the Pistons don't care about 2nd round picks. I would guess with this trade that new guy will have his rights waived. And I don't know what the year of the 2nd round pick they gave up was but we already traded a few so I'm guessing there's going to be about 3 years in a row we don't have 2nd round picks. I think in terms of finding a talented player it's very difficult to in the 2nd round (and have always said that). But with the cap going up and stars getting paid so much it is important to have those 2nd rounders who don't even make 1 million bucks on your team too. They are an asset of cap management.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah ^^ I really like Henson, especially next to Monroe, very nice compliment,

Just would be a hard pill to swallow paying a guy 5 years 70 mill to have hm come off the bench, Middleton seems like a nice guy - but not sure how impressed he would be with that,

Either way Middleton should be looking at 30 - 35 minutes per game,
    Yeah, a ton of money for a 6th man. I know people were predicting he'd get paid, but IMO he hasn't done enough to earn that kind of money yet. This year the market was good for his position though. The demand was high.

Also outside of Dinwiddie it would appear the Pistons don't care about 2nd round picks. I would guess with this trade that new guy will have his rights waived. And I don't know what the year of the 2nd round pick they gave up was but we already traded a few so I'm guessing there's going to be about 3 years in a row we don't have 2nd round picks. I think in terms of finding a talented player it's very difficult to in the 2nd round (and have always said that). But with the cap going up and stars getting paid so much it is important to have those 2nd rounders who don't even make 1 million bucks on your team too. They are an asset of cap management.
    SVG went out of his way to target Hillard (our 2nd rounder) - he was not even meant to be drafted at all. SVG tabbed him, not Booker, as the best shooter in the draft. SVG has talked way too much about him to not atleast give him a go. He will get heavy minutes at SL and will likely spend a lot of time in D-league this year.

I think Granger will be waived (mutual interest here), and I don't think Bullock or Princes contracts are guaranteed, Martin's is. Will have to double check that though..

NBA lottery pick

See I would think if they weren't guaranteed the Suns would have just cut them to clear the cap space. Cap room was the whole reason of the trade. I think they hold onto Granger and use him like the did Butler.

Jabari is listed at 6'8" but he's really 6'6". Everybody on sports radio today seems to think Giannis is the starting PF. Even if that means he's bringing the ball up, etc.
    Ok. But from what i watched last season, giannis did not primarily play the 4, regardless of what talk radio said. And i watched over 15 bucks games