Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

Wow, the Pacers are getting Monta, getting back George, and have a young C in Turner coming in. The top of our division is looking very tough with Cleveland, Chicago, and Indiana.

NBA lottery pick

Latest update: The Hawks may match Orlando's offer on Milsap. That would mean Orlando would be more likely to keep Harris. While they've offered Milsap 20 million per season, they don't want to pay Harris that. There's a chance if a team offers Harris the max that they won't match. So there's still a slight chance he ends up with the Pistons or Celtics but it doesn't look as likely now. With that said would you guys really want to see a guy like Harris getting around 18 million per season? I'd rather offer a guy like Ed Davis a much better contract economically then try to add a big time piece later.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Very happy we wernt the ones offering 60 mill for 4 years to Carroll,

Green signing 4 years for 45 mill seems like a steal if you compare him to contracts of Carroll and middleton and take into consideration the new cap coming in,

SVG is not going to be bullied by free agency, he will go hard after Harris, magic would be silly to match as they don't really need him now,

People still see him more as a SF than a PF. I think he is more of a PF in today's league but doesn't hurt his team at SF, as opposed to josh smith. Would give us a heap of flexibility...

And I really do not hate the idea of Stanley starting, I actually like it. So the Ed Davis thing ^^ is not a bad option! He can give us a different look at PF compared to Ersan, he can play alongside Ersan if Ersan slides to the 3 in stretches, and he can even spell Dre at C. I actually do not mind that move... 3 years 25 mill would be a good deal, but would go 3 and 30 if need be,

NBA lottery pick

If Green really took 4 years 45 million he's not too bright. He just missed out on a lot of money.
    Edit: Wait, you mean Danny?

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    If Green really took 4 years 45 million he's not too bright. He just missed out on a lot of money.
    Edit: Wait, you mean Danny?
    lol, yes Danny,

Draymond will be looking at a max, no doubt.

Now that Middelton / Carroll / Danny Green are all unavailable, that leaves us with 2 options:

1). Now that contract talks have broken down with GSW and Draymond Green, Pistons could / should swoop in and offer in the max to return home. We have a better shot than any to steal Green away from GSW. I wonder why talks broke down between them? Perhaps GSW were not prepared to offer him max? hrmm...

2). Go after, and appear to overpay Harris. I say it's going to take something like 4 years / 68 mill. Everyone is appearing to get overpaid but with the new cap, this price seems probably about right. Would probably be equivalent to a 4 year 50 mill deal with the old cap, which isn't to unbearable.

The best thing about SVG - he isn't going to make a move "just to make a move", like Dumars got caught doing a few times. SVG knows that sometimes the best move, is not doing the wrong move

NBA lottery pick

4 years / 68 million sounds fair. I don't know about Draymond for the max. That just seems risky. I'd love to have him but the max is a lot for him.

Yeah I hear your concerns - but Max now, in the new system - would be equivalent to say 14 mill per year...

I think he will just bring our entire team together and give us true identity and character as a hard nosed, defense first team. Along with Stanley, Dre, KCP, Reggie... They all have a bit of bad boy in them

I think I would much rather spend a few mill per season on him than have signed Carroll, I hope you agree on that with me??

Wright signing 3 years for 18 mill, in my opinion, is a steal. Great backup PF/C option - rim protector, pick and roll player.

Would have liked him...

Draymond 5 years at 80 mill,

I think that is a great contract - especially moving into the new cap,

Carroll 15 mill / season

Draymond 16 mill / season

Wow, that is actually ridiculous, makes Draymond deal look like an absolute bargain!!

I guess it is now Harris or no one for us,

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I saw that Draymond contract and thought he would have got more. I think Detroit should have put that offer on the table for sure.

I still don't mind your Ed Davis idea ^^

At the moment we don't really have a "true" PF on our list,

But not if we have to drastically over pay him.

I think we can get Harris though for perhaps the same contract Carroll signed, 4 years 60 mill, don't think Magic are going to match

NBA lottery pick

I think the Magic would be forced to match that. They offered Milsap more. They now need to fill that position since he's supposed to be back with the Hawks.

Reports earlier suggest that Magic are not going to match any offers of significance - they must not be high on him. They have already said the Gordon is the future PF and Hezonja the future SF - writing seems to be on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Reports earlier suggest that Magic are not going to match any offers of significance - they must not be high on him. They have already said the Gordon is the future PF and Hezonja the future SF - writing seems to be on the wall
    I think the Magic saw exactly what I saw. Empty stats. This guy would straight disappear for stretches of a game. You don't want near max players disappearing.

I will say i liked his demeanor when he was zoned in. You could see a swag about him when guarding upper tier players like LeBron.

I don't think he has necessarily been coached well, nor had a team with a true direction / identity. At Detroit I think he would flourish under SVG / find consistency - and SVG is giving our team a true direction, 1 in 4 out, think it also suits Harris as a PF..

I guess we wait and see - I think celts and Knicks will both chase him if they don't get moose