Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    I think Golden State would beg to differ.

(But iggy) iggy has no history of winning in the NBA. So he cant really draw from veteran experience.
    How do you figure? That team is as deep as any in the NBA.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    He needs to say that about other teams that could have interest so that makes his stock go up. If nobody else was there to bid against the Warriors he may not get the deal he wants.
    Pretty sure there would be 29 other teams who would be willing to give Green the same contract as what GSW intend to give him - he doesn't need to create buzz about himself,

The only team he would possibly leave GSW for his Det, he has more or less stated that several times. No other team has an outside chance except for us,

But yeah, why on earth would you leave Cali and that GSW team - they are going to contend for the next 5 years you'd think. Such a good situation he is in there

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Pretty sure there would be 29 other teams who would be willing to give Green the same contract as what GSW intend to give him - he doesn't need to create buzz about himself,

The only team he would possibly leave GSW for his Det, he has more or less stated that several times. No other team has an outside chance except for us,

But yeah, why on earth would you leave Cali and that GSW team - they are going to contend for the next 5 years you'd think. Such a good situation he is in there
    I'd say 3-4. They're going to have to really pay Curry and Thompson at some point. That's where they get lucky now. Those two are on pretty good contracts for how good they are. You have to figure the two combined make what Lebron or Kobe does lol. Once Golden State has to really pay players they aren't going to have that extra wiggle room for the bigs. No matter what their system is they need to have some good big guys. There's some match ups in the West that depend on it. Right now Harrison Barnes makes nothing too. They'll have to pay him eventually. They can't pay them all. Curry is going to get a huge contract next time with that new CBA. They may need to let Iggy walk at some point to make room. If I were Green I would sign a 3 year deal. Plus with that new CBA he might be able to make quite a bit more yet. If it looks like GS isn't in contention he can bolt.

I'd say 3-4. They're going to have to really pay Curry and Thompson at some point. That's where they get lucky now. Those two are on pretty good contracts for how good they are. You have to figure the two combined make what Lebron or Kobe does lol. Once Golden State has to really pay players they aren't going to have that extra wiggle room for the bigs. No matter what their system is they need to have some good big guys. There's some match ups in the West that depend on it. Right now Harrison Barnes makes nothing too. They'll have to pay him eventually. They can't pay them all. Curry is going to get a huge contract next time with that new CBA. They may need to let Iggy walk at some point to make room. If I were Green I would sign a 3 year deal. Plus with that new CBA he might be able to make quite a bit more yet. If it looks like GS isn't in contention he can bolt.
    Klay is on 4 years at 70 mill, so he has been well and truly paid.

Curry is one of the best contracts in the league!! GSW got lucky with the timing of Curry's emergence as a true top 3 player in the L.

If I am GSW I am paying Curry, Klay and Green whatever it takes to keep them, as long as that core is together I can't see a scenario in which they wouldn't contend.

Barnes would be great to keep, but he might have to be sacrificed at some stage, Bogut is still making 14 mill per season for the next 2 years, once he comes off the books they might have some wriggle room - which is when Curry's contract is up so works very well...

NBA lottery pick

Klay is on 4 years at 70 mill, so he has been well and truly paid.

Curry is one of the best contracts in the league!! GSW got lucky with the timing of Curry's emergence as a true top 3 player in the L.

If I am GSW I am paying Curry, Klay and Green whatever it takes to keep them, as long as that core is together I can't see a scenario in which they wouldn't contend.

Barnes would be great to keep, but he might have to be sacrificed at some stage, Bogut is still making 14 mill per season for the next 2 years, once he comes off the books they might have some wriggle room - which is when Curry's contract is up so works very well...
    Those three on max makes it tough to win. When Bogut comes off the books they will need another C. Curry is really going to get paid next time too. What that new CBA is going to do is pay the top players even more. I don't think you can contend every year without having at least one true big for the certain match ups.

^^ Yeah they will sign a big, hence why I think Barnes will be the one sacrificed.

Curry on max, Klay and Green close if not max, and then a value defensive C (doesn't have to be a top 15 C)

and then they will be able to address the rest of the roster needs accordingly.

Not for one second I believe that GSW could not make that work - of course they could,

If you had to choose and roster you'd love to have right now moving forward, if GSW are not your first answer, then they had better be your second or third option. They have done extremely well and will continue to do so personnel wise...

NBA lottery pick

^^ Yeah they will sign a big, hence why I think Barnes will be the one sacrificed.

Curry on max, Klay and Green close if not max, and then a value defensive C (doesn't have to be a top 15 C)

and then they will be able to address the rest of the roster needs accordingly.

Not for one second I believe that GSW could not make that work - of course they could,

If you had to choose and roster you'd love to have right now moving forward, if GSW are not your first answer, then they had better be your second or third option. They have done extremely well and will continue to do so personnel wise...
    I've already said I think they had the deepest roster this year. I just think their window is smaller than you think. They're not going to be a dynasty. It just doesn't happen. They aren't going to dominate for a decade. They have a window of a few years. And the West is so stacked and will continue to be that it's not going to get any easier. A lot of these NBA players live out here. They want to be closer to their families. One would think a few smart ones would head to the East to compete and settle there but it doesn't seem to be happening. Look at the teams rumored to get most of the top FA's... Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Los Angeles. NY has some space so maybe they land someone. That's about it. One of those Texas teams could be stacked next season. Memphis is going to be good. The Lakers are going to eventually get back into the mix. The Clippers are right there if they keep Jordan. You can't definitively tell me in 3 years you really think one of those teams isn't going to get over the hump and have a better roster than Golden State. If the Cavs were healthy nobody would be talking about that team anyhow.

NBA lottery pick

And if you don't think Curry is going to get a massive deal like I was saying, look at what just happened.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...044107600.html

And Curry will money chase next time. He's already won a championship and a MVP. He's not taking anything less than the most he can get just to win championships. Just like I don't see the Pelicans being elite any time soon now.

woah woah woah - I have never said Curry is not going to be paid?! He will / should be a top 4 paid player in this league on his next contract, it will be HUGE!

And yeah totally agree, those texas teams always seem so stacked and ofcourse there will be other teams that "get over the hump"... But i'd still take the warriors as of right now over any other team moving forward, as other teams are banking on players coming in (most teams anyway), GWS already have the players they want, just need to retain the core... Easier said than done, I know...

For example, the Lakers could indeed be the best team in 3 years time, but there wouldn't be a single person on this planet who would take that team moving forward over GSW moving forward.

Let's not fight about the stupid warriors man lol, let's agree to disagree respectfully - and move this convo back to Pistons :)

Middelton is resigning 5 years for 70 mill - 14 mill per season.....

This means Carroll will be looking for a similar contract, this is not good...

How do you figure? That team is as deep as any in the NBA.
    All you said was young core. Thats what golden state is.

Detroit have shown their cards! First on the phone to Danny Green - 3 years 39 mill I am hearing,

Also we have interest in Harris, apparently going after him too,

No word on Carroll,

Fingers crossed we come up empty of Green, don't contact Carroll and acquire Harris at 15 mill per season (or there abouts)

Detroit have shown their cards! First on the phone to Danny Green - 3 years 39 mill I am hearing,

No word on Carroll,

Fingers crossed we come up empty of Green, don't contact Carroll and acquire Harris at 15 mill per season (or there abouts)
    I'm a fan of Danny Green. He has shown the ability to shoot lights out and play some stout ass D. I had tobias on my fantasy team last year, so i watched a lot od his games. Althoif his stats were good, he was on and off, on and off. That plus the fact that his injury from last year worries me. He didnt look the same after.

AnD if we were planning the Harris route, why go for ilyasova? Now we are going to pay more for a better version of ersan?

Iunno man.

NBA lottery pick

Middelton is resigning 5 years for 70 mill - 14 mill per season.....

This means Carroll will be looking for a similar contract, this is not good...
    Man, that's a lot of money for mediocre players. I really don't want Carroll for that kind of money.

NBA lottery pick

No word on Carroll,

I find it very ironic that Milsap is now choosing between the Magic and Hawks. The Magic would rather pay Milsap that kind of money than Harris. I don't think Harris is worth that. I'd rather pay a more up and coming guy a smaller contract (much smaller) and give them a chance to be good. Also kind of ironic that we wouldn't pay Monroe that kind of money.....