Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

Golden State won't be able to keep everybody together for long. Even when the cap goes up that just means the max contracts do too. That's why I think we'll see some players get really big contract this off season that normally wouldn't have been paid that much.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Golden State won't be able to keep everybody together for long. Even when the cap goes up that just means the max contracts do too. That's why I think we'll see some players get really big contract this off season that normally wouldn't have been paid that much.
    Yah, I think you're understating the financial abilities of NBA teams these days. Even if you're right though, it doesn't make me not want top end young players.

NBA lottery pick

I think if the Cavs really want to win next season Dan Gilbert may have to pay the biggest luxury tax we've ever seen. He'll need to resign James and Love to max deals. Irving is already maxed. Then Thompson will have to be maxed or very close to it. James isn't going to be happy if Thompson doesn't get paid (they share an agent). I think once we see the financials of how that works then we'll know better.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I really like Milsap, but there is no way i'd give him the max - he is 30, and would make so much sense on a team contending right now, for example Houston or GSW (If they lose Green)

Harris at 22, still so much room to grow. Milsap is better now, but that could change as of next year, and we really still don't know just how high Harris' ceiling is.

And I think we could get Harris for say, 4 mill per season less than Milsap at this stage. I wouldn't be so against signing milsap under max to say, a 2-3 year deal though...

** Reports are that the Hawks are going to offer Carroll 4 years at 50 mill,

** Pistons are the most likely team to outbid them,

Is this going to be another Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Josh Smith type move?...

Doubtful, as Carroll's ENTIRE game is built on hustle, defense and doing whatever it takes to win. No ego, team first mentality.

In saying that, I don't think he is worth that money, but atleast I know he will play hard each and every night and set a good example for Stanley / KCP and co.

NBA lottery pick

Carroll isn't worth over 10 million per season. There's so many guys that can hustle and give you 13 ppg.

I agree ^^ regarding not worth North of 10 mill,

But I feel you might be underating his defense - there are only a select handful of players in the league that play better wing than he does,

But yeah 10 mill would be MAX I would pay for him, would rather other options here (Harris , Middleton)

Also just heard that Green will be looking at roughly the same type of deal, 3 years 39 mill,

Again, that's a lot of money for a pure 3 and D guy,

Would rather pony up a few mill more and nab Harris,

NBA lottery pick

I'd prefer Green at the same price but honestly he'd be stupid to leave Golden State for the same money. They're going to be a better team for the next few years for sure and California is a much better place to live.

I'd prefer Green at the same price but honestly he'd be stupid to leave Golden State for the same money. They're going to be a better team for the next few years for sure and California is a much better place to live.
    Danny Green ^^

No way Draymond will go at the same price as Carroll, if he doesn't get Max, it will be awfully close to it...

Anyone on this planet should prefer Draymond over Carroll,

Yes Cali is better than Det, and GSW are better than the Pistons for the near future no doubt - but Michigan is Draymond's home, would be tempting to come home on a max contract on a young team - I would say Det is 2nd favorite after GSW to land Draymond,

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Danny Green ^^

No way Draymond will go at the same price as Carroll, if he doesn't get Max, it will be awfully close to it...

Anyone on this planet should prefer Draymond over Carroll,

Yes Cali is better than Det, and GSW are better than the Pistons for the near future no doubt - but Michigan is Draymond's home, would be tempting to come home on a max contract on a young team - I would say Det is 2nd favorite after GSW to land Draymond,
    I actually think most people don't want to play for their home team right away. His first big contract, all those old friends coming up with the next great business deal..... He probably doesn't want any of that.

I actually think most people don't want to play for their home team right away. His first big contract, all those old friends coming up with the next great business deal..... He probably doesn't want any of that.
    Draymond Green would like to come back home. Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Saginaw native and Michigan State alum would be intrigued in joining the Detroit Pistons this summer. While his stay with Golden State has obviously been a positive one, Green has not hidden that he has "significant interest" in coming back, possibly this off-season as a restricted free-agent to Detroit.
    Not the case for Green, has made it well known he would love to play for Detroit,

But I think there is a 95% chance he stays with the warriors, so not much point in getting our hopes up

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Not the case for Green, has made it well known he would love to play for Detroit,

But I think there is a 95% chance he stays with the warriors, so not much point in getting our hopes up
    He needs to say that about other teams that could have interest so that makes his stock go up. If nobody else was there to bid against the Warriors he may not get the deal he wants.

It would be very tough to keep 4-5 core guys around for more than 3-4 years. They need a vet that actually plays to win. Vets just on the bench wouldn't be enough. You can't put a bunch of young guys together that have never won anything and expect them to be contenders.
    I think Golden State would beg to differ.

(But iggy) iggy has no history of winning in the NBA. So he cant really draw from veteran experience.

Although he did do pretty well in a slam dunk contest once.