Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Tobias Harris just resigned with the Magic for 64 million/ 4 years. Would you have paid that or went after the weak trades that we did?
    I would have passed on Ilyasova and signed Harris.

Edit: Unless part of the purpose is to get Durant next year

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    I would have passed on Ilyasova and signed Harris.

Edit: Unless part of the purpose is to get Durant next year
    Haha, that would be a dream lol. I was actually thinking about it last night. Durant has already played with Jackson, who is definitely not as good as Westbrook. KCP is definitely no Harden. Whoever we have at PF is probably not as good as Ibaka. Drummond would be the best C he would have had the opportunity to play with. So with that said, he had a better team in OKC that lost in the finals. No way he comes here. Although he would have an easier time in the East. But the Cavs would still have the best team. With Kyrie, Lebron, and Love they truly do have a big 3. The Pistons would barely have a big 2.

But yes, I would have skipped the trades that brought on all the salary (Phoenix, Milwaukee, and Brooklyn). I wasn't high on Harris but he's better than what we got.

NBA lottery pick

I know he doesn't fit on Detroit but one would think Seth Curry would get another chance in the league. He lead the D-league in scoring and he also was one of the leaders for summer league again. He's definitely not his brother by any stretch of the imagination, but he could be a guy to come off the bench and get a team some points.

On another note, I like the Las Vegas summer league so much more than the other ones. I wish Detroit would start going there instead of Orlando. Maybe once that new stadium there gets finished up more teams will start to do so.

Why would you need a big 3? Ever since Boston started this big 3 business, everyone needs it?

Durant has never had a team of his own. Some would argue as intrical a piece as Westbrook is, he hindered the team in some situations where he wouldn't give up the ball.

When Westbrook was gone, Durant showed some good ability to be a distributor. And Jackson would be the point guard that knows he is not above Durant, giving KD the freedom to attack and create when needed.

KD could slide into our PF position easily in the East. And I'm sure Johnson could D up in the PF position, as well. That kid is beasting SF his height. He is a strong ass 245 pound 19 year old. Give him one year and he only will get stronger. Shit, just play him at the PF.

Finally, talk about a player that can spread the floor. KD might be the deadliest shooter in the L. Opponents wouldn't be able to leave him when Reggie breaks down his pg or comes off the PnR (and Reggie breaks down his opponents at will). Knowing you can't leave KD, you don't want to leave KCP, and you have to cover Drummond on the easy lob off PnR, the Pistons would be a pick your poison team. Even Johnson is a fairly good shooter.

Jackson, KCP, Johnson, KD, and Drummond would also be devastating on defense.

Give that squad 3 years or less and its a chip.

But KD ain't coming to Detroit.........so whatever.

NBA lottery pick

I was just saying even with KD the Pistons still wouldn't have a better roster than Cleveland. And yeah, he'd never come here. Although, he does like his small markets.....

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

In 2 years time:

Jackson / KCP / Stanely / Durant / Drummond with a decent bench could win a chip. That would be an EXTREMELY rounded cast to put around KD. I have always been a believer that Russ doesn't work well with KD. KD needs to be fed early and often, Reggie could do this.

In 2 years time Dre could be one of, if not the premier defensive anchor in the league. KCP could be one of the better two way SG'd in the league and Stanley would be a young hustle / glue guy at still a tender 21...

KD = superstar
    Dre = All-star
    Reggie = Borderline All-star
    KCP = Solid role player
    Stanley = Solid role player

You add KD onto nearly any team in the league and they almost become a contender, he is a top 3 player in the L

Decent college freshman

RW and KD are fantastic together. He'd be stupid to break that up.

I really hope Johnson is more than a role player.

^^ So do I, before the draft I was thinking his range was:

Floor - High end rotation player
    Ceiling - High level starter

Now after seeing a glimpse of him in action, and seeing more of his character as a person who is determined to become better each day, and seeing that he has clearly worked on his perceived weaknesses coming into the draft, I feel his range has shifted to:

Floor - 4th/5th best player on team, starter
    Ceiling - Jimmy Butler

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^^ So do I, before the draft I was thinking his range was:

Floor - High end rotation player
    Ceiling - High level starter

Now after seeing a glimpse of him in action, and seeing more of his character as a person who is determined to become better each day, and seeing that he has clearly worked on his perceived weaknesses coming into the draft, I feel his range has shifted to:

Floor - 4th/5th best player on team, starter
    Ceiling - Jimmy Butler
    It was summer league lol. It means nothing. Austin Daye put up those numbers. Please don't buy a bunch of tickets now and support the marketing kool aid everyone.

It was summer league lol. It means nothing. Austin Daye put up those numbers. Please don't buy a bunch of tickets now and support the marketing kool aid everyone.
    Drank the kool-aid. Red upper lip. Going back for seconds. Purple.

lol trust me, I know - and so would any Pistons fan would know, that putting up big numbers at summer league can be very misleading.

With Stanley though, I wasn't concerned with his numbers - it was his ferociousness and on court demeanor, his aggression, his passion... All of that from an intangible side of things, but then from a skill side of things his ability to finish at the rim looked very strong (which was his perceived weakness) - which leads me to read between the lines that he is hungry and works on his game hard...

I still believe he will come off the bench and has a chance to make all rookie 1st team if he gets minutes - but I definitely saw some things in him (non skill related) that elevated him in my eyes...

On another note - Pistons are looking to acquire Ty Lawson through trade.................

Not sure how this makes sense, Lawson ranked #3 for the past two seasons in Assists - I am quite sure he would not be willing to come off the bench behind Reggie (no way he starts in front of Reggie) and no way they can both start in the backcourt (Lack of deep shooting).

If he is willing to play as a 6th man type roll (which he wont be, we all know that) then I would happily send Jennings and Blake away (Lawson's trade value is extremely low after his latest DUI and locker room issues)...

Very good player (I think) but one that makes absolutely no sense for us...

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I saw that the Pistons were interested in Lawson too. Makes no sense to me either. He'd be nice off the bench but I can't see him being happy in that role. He'd take off to a team for a starting position the first opportunity he got.

I think Stanley could be a 1st or 2nd team all-rookie player. I just don't think he's a superstar.

NBA lottery pick

Darrun Hilliard was signed to a 3 year deal:
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2015/7...-year-contract

The 2nd year is only partially guaranteed so they could still cut him next season. Apparently SVG really likes this kid who wasn't even going to be drafted.

NBA lottery pick

I guess the Pelicans read what I said about Curry lol.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs