Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Steph Curry named MVP

Well deserved, it could have gone either way but I'm not even mad. He had a phenomenal year.

Calling all talented Gif'ers!!
    Please place a funny harden face over Meg, and a Howard face over Chris.
    Curry on Peter. Will rep.
    [/IMG]

PS. YES, he's Meg..

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    More impressive MVP than Durant's tbh.
    No it isn't. .

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

why cant we all just appreciate the season that this years MVP is having as well as the form of all past MVP's and stop arguing about what this award does to players legacy ... leave the GOAT shit out of it for a while mang

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    If you showed that to a person who doesn't know anything about the NBA, they'd assume something else.
    That dude has some ****ing huge upper legs?

-Smak

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    When Harden doesn't have the ball, are the opposing players scared of him? Now think about what Curry does for the GS offense. He's basically a black hole that draws all the defenders to him. He IS the GS offense. Without him, they'd be 45 or so wins - basically a rich man's Milwaukee.

For comparison's sake, let's switch the 2 guys. If you gave Curry carte blanche to shoot as much as he wanted and basically be a one man show, do you think he won't average 27+ ppg? Put Harden on the Warriors on the other hand (with Klay Thompson replaced by an equivalent level PG - say Kyrie). Do they still win 65+ games? Does their offense run as smoothly? Do guys like Draymond and Barnes get the same opportunities to score?
    You sir are an idiot. Period.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

When Harden doesn't have the ball, are the opposing players scared of him? Now think about what Curry does for the GS offense. He's basically a black hole that draws all the defenders to him. He IS the GS offense. Without him, they'd be 45 or so wins - basically a rich man's Milwaukee.

For comparison's sake, let's switch the 2 guys. If you gave Curry carte blanche to shoot as much as he wanted and basically be a one man show, do you think he won't average 27+ ppg? Put Harden on the Warriors on the other hand (with Klay Thompson replaced by an equivalent level PG - say Kyrie). Do they still win 65+ games? Does their offense run as smoothly? Do guys like Draymond and Barnes get the same opportunities to score?

Truth

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

It would be a travesty if Harden had been the first MVP to win from the free throw line. As for Curry, hard to argue with the best record in the league and beating Harden and the Rockets all 4 times.

Banned

67 wins

If you replaced Curry with George Hill, they still win 60.

If you replaced Harden with anyone but maybe Westbrook and Durant, they don't win 56. Lebron had more talent around him in Cleveland considering Dwight and Bev and Jones and DMo missed 100 games.

Curry won because the MVP = best player on the best team. I have no problem with that, but at least change the name to 'best player on the best team' because he's not the MVP. Harden or Davis deserve that.

Banned

I told all of ISH that Curry was better than Rondo back in 2011.

Never thought he'd actually be the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

If you replaced Harden with anyone but maybe Westbrook and Durant, they don't win 56. Lebron had more talent around him in Cleveland considering Dwight and Bev and Jones and DMo missed 100 games.

Curry won because the MVP = best player on the best team. I have no problem with that, but at least change the name to 'best player on the best team' because he's not the MVP. Harden or Davis deserve that.
    That really is the biggest load of shit i've ever heard.

Tolerant Liberals

Well deserved mvp. I wouldn't be mad if it went to harden either, since he did arguably slightly less with A LOT less. Curry put up ridiculous shooting numbers in a historic 3pt season breaking his record from last year. Efficiency really is the key to winning ball games. If you can have a higher TS than the other team and have the same possessions, YOU WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

Is George Hill gonna be breaking down defenses to open up his teammates? Is he gonna be guarded 2 steps from the half court line, opening up the whole court for the rest of the team? Is he gonna make scorers out of Barnes and Draymond Green?

I don't think people realize just how important Stephen Curry is to the GS offense because they see a smooth seamless machine without realizing that Curry is the engine that makes that machine run. Remove him, and you're left with last year's Chicago Bulls. They won't have any reliable scorer aside from Klay Thompson. And I don't believe any team with Klay as the top go-to guy is winning shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    The fact that Kobe and Shaq have two combined MVP's is beyond ridiculous and definitely takes some meaning away from the award.

However, I'm glad they got it right this year.
    You say this like they didn't get it right last year, or in 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007... they got it right alot of years minus '01, '06, '11.