Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: how many rings would Chris Paul/Kobe/Dwight/ have won if all were healthy

To be honest, none. I don't think Dwight would have lasted on a team with Kobe and CP3. The added pressure of trying to win a title and Kobe and CP3 pushing Dwight to reach his potential, would have broke Dwight mentally. He would have crumbled, demanded a trade, and threw the team chemistry off.

Banned

Default Re: how many rings would Chris Paul/Kobe/Dwight/ have won if all were healthy

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    To be honest, none. I don't think Dwight would have lasted on a team with Kobe and CP3. The added pressure of trying to win a title and Kobe and CP3 pushing Dwight to reach his potential, would have broke Dwight mentally. He would have crumbled, demanded a trade, and threw the team chemistry off.
    dwight left because the lakers were going nowhere + kobes achilles + the pressure of being #1 + kobe not opening up to howard as being #1 to replace him

now take away all these things...

howard suddenly is comfortable as the #3 then #2 guy. howard is accepted by kobe as the #3 guy. howard has someone ( who at the time ) is better than even playing with james harden in chris paul

the fans also dont get on howard nearly as bad

with all the pressure on chris paul to lead. everythings peaches for dwight howard

Decent college freshman

Default Re: how many rings would Chris Paul/Kobe/Dwight/Gasol have won if all were healthy

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Why is Dwight not run out of town in this scenario?
    I think it's because CP3 and Dwight were trying to team up with one another for several years. The problem was Dwight didn't want to leave Orlando and CP3 wouldn't leave New Orleans. Not to mention both teams lacked trade assets, but that's another discussion haha.

I'm pretty sure if Dwight didn't psych himself into opting-in to last year of his contract after reading twitter lol, he and CP3 would have timed it so they would both sign in Dallas in 2012. That would probably be a more entertaining discussion than this one, but I digress.

I guess OP is assuming that connection would have led Dwight to staying long-term in LA.

Banned

Default Re: how many rings would Chris Paul/Kobe/Dwight/Gasol have won if all were healthy

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I think it's because CP3 and Dwight were trying to team up with one another for several years. The problem was Dwight didn't want to leave Orlando and CP3 wouldn't leave New Orleans. Not to mention both teams lacked trade assets, but that's another discussion haha.

I'm pretty sure if Dwight didn't psych himself into opting-in to last year of his contract after reading twitter lol, he and CP3 would have timed it so they would both sign in Dallas in 2012. That would probably be a more entertaining discussion than this one, but I digress.

I guess OP is assuming that connection would have led Dwight to staying long-term in LA.
    are you saying paul and dwight both leave LA to join AGAIN in dallas

if all were healthy? no back problems for dwight and no injuries for Kobe? three at the very least. that big 3 fits together so much better than Wade, Bosh and LeBeta. maybe more if they get good role players around them like Trevor Ariza, Darren Collison and Josh Smith.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    are you saying paul and dwight both leave LA to join AGAIN in dallas

Nope, after Paul landed with Clips and Howard left LA, it was reported by Yahoo! that they were planning in advance of their looming free agency to team up, likely in Dallas. Howard kept waffling on the plan, so CP3 got fed up and then asked for a trade out of New Orleans. That's what precipitated his move to begin with- Howard wasn't committing to the plan.

cp3 is in the team...so none

Instead of asking a hypothetical question, you can be realistic.

"How many rings for Rondo, Kobe and Randle"

One ring or two Phil Jackson would have to be head coach though.

At least 1 mainly because of Dfright's cowardness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Nope, after Paul landed with Clips and Howard left LA, it was reported by Yahoo! that they were planning in advance of their looming free agency to team up, likely in Dallas. Howard kept waffling on the plan, so CP3 got fed up and then asked for a trade out of New Orleans. That's what precipitated his move to begin with- Howard wasn't committing to the plan.

i dont understand what this has to do with anything.

i'm talking about a 100% chance of paul and howard ending up together on the lakers if not for stern

both would have been forced together via trades that went down in real life

then when they got together. why split that up?

This is just sad. Can't believe Kobe is going out like this. Full of "what ifs".

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    This is just sad. Can't believe Kobe is going out like this. Full of "what ifs".
    What if bron stayed in Cleveland tha first damn place?
    What if he didn't open his mouth and spat out lies?
    What if post 2010 bron played with only one star a WHOLE season?
    What if bron didn't had bad 4th quarters in 2011?
    What if bron didn't get schooled by Forrest Diaw in tha finals?
    What if Bron didn't get a Lecramp and didn't sat out like a Lebitch in 14 finals?
    Last edited by Real14; 05-01-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    What if bron stayed in Cleveland tha first damn place?
    What if he didn't open his mouth and spat out lies?
    What if post 2010 bron played with only one star a WHOLE season?
    What if bron didn't had bad 4th quarters in 2011?
    What if bron didn't get schooled by Forrest Diaw in tha finals?
    What if Bron didn't get a Lecramp and didn't sat out like a Lebitch in 14 finals?
    You clearly didn't understand what I meant. Keep doing you though. Let LeBron live rent free.

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    You clearly didn't understand what I meant. Keep doing you though. Let LeBron live rent free.
    What you mean then bro?