Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default I dont understand Popovich

Ginobili only playing 14 minutes the last 3 games...wtf...spurs almost lost the 3 games (if it wasnt for jordan tip it was 3 out of 3 and 2 of them in san antonio).

i cant understand it.

manu was ALL his carrer cluth in this moments, playing the last 6 minutes in the 4th quarter...green cant buy a basket...and manu is on the bench the last 6 minutes of games 4,5,6. spurs struggled BIG in the last minutes of game 4....spurs up by 10 in the last minutes of game 5 (clippers could have won) and the same last night in game 6...the offense is no there without Ginobili.

Parker and Green cant do it..put mills and ginobili there......or at least just ginobili....he is just no playing in this series (in game 5 he played 19min with 14 points)

cant believe it really, Manu last game as a Spur this saturday.

(thanks for everything Manu, of course)

NBA Legend

Default Re: I dont understand Popovich

Ginobili hasnt done much when hes been in there this series.

Tbh theyre best off just playing mills and green most of the minutes. But Pop too loyal to the spurs legends

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Tbh theyre best off just playing mills and green most of the minutes. But Pop too loyal to the spurs legends

in Pop's defense, whether it be his own fault or not, not much he can turn to from the bench tbh.

their impact players are Kawhi, TD and Parker (in that order). Kawhi and TD hold their own, Parker is hit or miss now as is Manu. Green has been garbage from downtown for the most part so Pop is pretty limited in who he can really throw out there to service them the win.

Patty is streaky to me...I cant rmbr if it was game 5 or 6 but he only put up 2 shots, so to say he is someone Pop can rely on is not gonna float either.

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    Ginobili only playing 14 minutes the last 3 games...wtf...spurs almost lost the 3 games (if it wasnt for jordan tip it was 3 out of 3 and 2 of them in san antonio).

i cant understand it.

manu was ALL his carrer cluth in this moments, playing the last 6 minutes in the 4th quarter...green cant buy a basket...and manu is on the bench the last 6 minutes of games 4,5,6. spurs struggled BIG in the last minutes of game 4....spurs up by 10 in the last minutes of game 5 (clippers could have won) and the same last night in game 6...the offense is no there without Ginobili.

Parker and Green cant do it..put mills and ginobili there......or at least just ginobili....he is just no playing in this series (in game 5 he played 19min with 14 points)

I'm surprised to hear this. I thought most people generally accept that Manu has been poor this series. Parker, more so, has been a major disappointment. On to game 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

This. At least take out Parker for Manu who will at least get the ball movement going even if he turns it over alot.

Jokic Stan

Mills and Bellinelli have been amazing as role players so far. They have been the best role players out of every team in the playoffs.

First thing they need to do in offseason is get rid of Parker.

Awful this season.....at this point I'd take MCW over him..lol

Decent playground baller lilandywiggins's Avatar

Ginobili and Parker are done. Scary to think that Duncan outlasted them.

Dude seriously played the 'Soft' card after last game.

That ***** is playing the worst player in the NBA just because of his name.

Pop has fcked up big time this series. Say what you want about Phil's rosters, but he'd never over-think himself into despair. You go with your best players. Right now that's anyone but Parker and Splitter.

And yet...

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

Pop has fcked up big time this series. Say what you want about Phil's rosters, but he'd never over-think himself into despair. You go with your best players. Right now that's anyone but Parker and Splitter.

And yet...

lol what happened to your full greens?

Learning to shoot layups

My biggest issue with Pop and minutes played this series has been the overuse of Parker and the underuse of Joseph. Joseph actually outplayed Parker over the RS while logging significant minutes. He is a much better defender. His lack of an outside shot is troubling but Parker isn't much better. In fact Parker's outside shooting this series has been Rondo level bad.

A backcourt of Green and Mills doesn't work well due to ball handling. Joseph/Green and Manu/Mills work well. Parker shouldn't be playing 30 mpg based on his RS play and PS play. I understand giving him the start but you cannot continually give a player 30 mpg in the PS when he was awful throughout the RS and has played historically bad in the PS.

Popovich is maybe the GOAT coach but like everyone else he can be criticized. Playing Parker this much is unjustified even if he had a HOF career.

This is the worst thread i've ever seen, its 2015, OP, get with the times, Manu is ****ing horrible and horrible in the clutch.

Go away
    Last edited by Spurs m8; 05-01-2015 at 03:19 PM.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww

i cant understand it.

Whatever, you had a Clippers 4-0 and now you have Clippers in 7.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

And yet...

Maybe the Clippers are just good?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i don't understand how you can keep misspelling career