Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How many games for Mike Dunleavy?

What made Dunleavy unleash that cheap shot anyway?

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

What an ass**** ! The NBA gave JR two games so I expect something similar here.

Local High School Star

Come on now, we all know he's not missing any games.

Yes. Was just thinking about this yesterday. Dunleavy dirty AF. Watch his play on Lililard hooting a 3.

A real veteran move.

Seriously though, I never realized how sneaky Dunleavy is until he started playing for us.

Scottie was ready to fight at that tackle though:

https://gfycat.com/WarmAlertBlackbuck

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Punk ass move by an apparently super under the radar dirty player. Surprised this dickhead isn't mentioned more when talking about the dirty players in the league. Not gonna post all the gifs and stuff because it's all out there on youtube for anyone to see, but the dude has a pretty extensive history of making bullshit plays, getting away with it, instigating conflict and then playing the victim card.

Giannis didn't go for the legs or face area for a serious injury, he shoved the guy in his torso area. Whereas Dunleavy basically sucker punched MCW in the neck area while he was in the air and threw a shot at Giannis' throat area. Dunleavy better get the same suspension Giannis gets if not more.
    With respect, I found Giannis' move to be much more violent and reprehensible, regardless of where he made contact and what precipitated such actions.

I thought both of Dunleavy's maneuvers to likely fall under the "dirty" file but basically throwing a sucker punch is not the same as actually throwing a sucker punch.

It'll sound like picking nits, but I think that may be necessary when discussing detailed actions such as these. I thought Dunleavy's Carter-Williams situation was the worst of his two plays, but I viewed it more as a "dismissal" than a squared up punch attempt. Carter-Williams was flying toward him and Dunleavy gave him an illegal closed fist swim maneuver (watching in full speed probably provides the most accurate look). Not a clean play.

The Giannis play appeared to be more of a strong arm situation that skirted a little high. Giannis appeared to be holding onto Dunleavy's right arm, so Dunleavy brushed him off with some spice. I've seen it and been through it numerous times, from both sides. Doesn't make it right, but it looked like Giannis got overpowered after grasping Dunleavy's triceps more than anything else.

Understandably, Giannis was frustrated and retaliated. The game was no longer in doubt so it seemed he figured he could get a free shot. Because of the resulting fireworks, I think Dunleavy could be looking at some repercussions that may go beyond a fine.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 05-01-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Thug 4life

Give him one game.

1 game

Decent playground baller lilandywiggins's Avatar

Cheap shot artist got what he had coming.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Was watching Inside the NBA and Barkley saying he didn't do those on purpose pissed me off. He's a straight clown. He also sounds like a dumbass too since he was always preaching how if players were going ham on you how you should put someone on their ass, and when he sees a black player do it he calls them out and say it's unnecessary.

Learning to shoot layups

He deserves a suspension. He is a blatant cheapshot artist who gets away with it because he is good at picking his spots. Doesn't make it any less annoying. I want to watch the best basketball players in the world play basketball not try to hurt each other.

Not airballing my layups anymore

No wonder Cousins elbowed him, he just knows how to get into people's head and is pretty damn sneaky at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Glad more are seeing Dunleavy as a dirty player. He's been one for years.
    sad ****ing day when the toughest player in the league is Mike ****ing Dunleavy

Golden State Aster*sks

I refuse to think Mike is dirty. He just looks too innocent. He's the guy you'd like to see your daughter bring home.

Very good NBA starter

If JR gets 2 games for a light tap on Crowder than Dunleavy should get 2 as well