Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The race for Lamarcus Aldridge is on: Spurs, Mavs, Knicks, Lakers all pursuing him

Who's most likely to get him?

If he wants to win, he needs to go to the Spurs or Mavs

If he wants money and fame but no winning experience NY & LA will be more than happy to have him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: The race for Lamarcus Aldridge is on: Spurs, Mavs, Knicks, Lakers all pursuing him

The race for 22,23 points on 20 shots? The race should have many contestants then as there are dozens of players who can imitate his worth.

If you didn't get the idea...his impact is garbage.

Default Re: The race for Lamarcus Aldridge is on: Spurs, Mavs, Knicks, Lakers all pursuing him

I really hope the Mavs dont go for him.

Not because he isn't good but because he won't come to Dallas, so there isn't any point in pursuing him. I hope they learned from the last 3 years.

At the end of the day, he stays in Portland, imo.

He won't go to the spurs, they have to pay Kawhi first before thinking about acquiring a big name.
    Mavs can't use him properly, the starting lineup would not make any sense.
    I hope the lakers sign him, but I guess that is a pipe dream.
    New York City is a mess right now....

I don't think he will go anywhere where he has to be the main rim protector. I believe he said that he always prefers having a serviceable bigman with him on the court.

College superstar

Just daydreaming but if the Lakers happen to get LMA...

Do they trade Randle, Clarkson, and this years' draft pick for players that would help Kobe/LMA contend?

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Just daydreaming but if the Lakers happen to get LMA...

Do they trade Randle, Clarkson, and this years' draft pick for players that would help Kobe/LMA contend?
    Absolutely no way the lakers are contending with kobe and aldridge as the main pieces. Kobe's days of winning are over imo, and aldridge is a second/third option at best in a championship team

He needs to go to a smart team that will let him get surgery on his thumb and slowly let him get back into it. Torn thumb ligament is no joke, I had the same surgery.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

If lakers can sneak into the top 2, and somehow walk away with Towns

Clarkson
    Kobe
    FA SF or use randle in a trade
    LMA
    Towns

thats definitely a great place to start, granted the team can stay healthy.

if they end up staying at 4 and go after russel or johnson/winslow, they can still try and sign LMA and go after a less popular name in FA C's (asik), or even keep hill for one last year.

LMA is a Bosh type guy in this league. Sure, given the right circumstances he can put up some nice numbers and what not, but he just isn't as good and impactful as the top tier guys to really get it done.

I don't think you can win as him being your best player. If he has a role akin to Bosh on those Heat teams, maybe even slightly more responsible, you could have a really nice team.

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    He won't go to the spurs, they have to pay Kawhi first before thinking about acquiring a big name.
    Mavs can't use him properly, the starting lineup would not make any sense.
    I hope the lakers sign him, but I guess that is a pipe dream.
    New York City is a mess right now....

I don't think he will go anywhere where he has to be the main rim protector. I believe he said that he always prefers having a serviceable bigman with him on the court.
    absolutely not true. kawhi is a RFA and will only have a marginal cap hold. Spurs can go out and get a max FA, then resign kawhi + green with the bird rights. ginobli's and duncan's contracts expire this season. spurs will be one of the teams that will have a lot of cap space this offseason.

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

plus I would prefer marc gasol anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    LMA is a Bosh type guy in this league. Sure, given the right circumstances he can put up some nice numbers and what not, but he just isn't as good and impactful as the top tier guys to really get it done.

I don't think you can win as him being your best player. If he has a role akin to Bosh on those Heat teams, maybe even slightly more responsible, you could have a really nice team.
    LMA compared to Chris Bosh is spot on comparison. Both are great from mid range, solid in the post, very skilled offensively, fundamentals, footwork, ball handling for PF. These guys are great as your #2 or #3 option on a team but can never win a championship as the main guy just aren't on that superstar tier level never were and likely wont ever be just both are very good players every time needs.

if he wants to be successful...go east...too crowded in the west

San Antonio would be a perfect fit.

Guy went from "OMG BEST PF IN THE LEAGUE" to "INEFFICIENT CHUCKER" in one season. Guess Lillard gave him the Konex Curse