Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Has Blake Griffini surpassed Prime Amare?

Amare might be mentally tougher. I remember him killing spurs, even in a loss.

Bg dribbling the ball off his feet in crunch time.

-Smak

National High School Star

This thread really shows how little ish knows about hoops.

Amare had a four year playoff stretch of about 25+ ppg 10+ rpg 1+ spg 2+ bpg on 50%+.

He also went again prime Tim Duncan and no one really had TD as the clear cut better player in their head to heads.

His jumper was money. One of the best midrange shooting pfs ever.

Blake is close statistically...kind of....but nowhere near the go to option Amare was. Prime Amare against this current 2015 Spurs would put up 33 and 13.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

Amare had a four year playoff stretch of about 25+ ppg 10+ rpg 1+ spg 2+ bpg on 50%+.

He also went again prime Tim Duncan and no one really had TD as the clear cut better player in their head to heads.

Blake is close statistically...kind of....but nowhere near the go to option Amare was. Prime Amare against this current 2015 Spurs would put up 33 and 13.
    Scoring wise, peak Amare was better than Blake. Amare had a awesome combination of midrange shooting and freak athletic ability. I would venture to say no other PF combined the two better. But Blake's all around game puts him over peak Amare in my opinion.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Amare "I was never taught defense" Stoudemire was never as good as Blake the last couple of years. That ****ing career black hole at defense is a joke.

I have to give it to Mr. Griffin, he's really improved his offensive game since coming into the league. Most importantly his jumper and his free throw shooting.

Blake at the level he is playing at now is better than Amare, but he needs to continue it to surpass him.

Blake is playing at an all time powerfoward level.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

Yeah, it's hard for me to pick Blake when Amare had those playoff performance and that series against the Spurs where he went in on Duncan. Still Blake is probably the more well-rounded (and better) player but I really loved watching Prime Amare.

Really?

Blake is an all-around player. He's the best passing big in basketball. He can shoot, drive, post-up, jump-out-of the gym, etc. He's lacking defensively, but he's also shown flashes of being able to lock down players in the post and he's laterally quick enough to stay in front of most anyone he'd be matched up against.

Blake is just now putting all these tools together and I believe these playoffs will be the coming out party.

Arcadia, CA

Tough one,

I'd say Amare was better offensively but Blake is better all around especially rebounding wise. Defensively there would be a slight edge to Blake.