Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default On this date 1988 VIDEO: Charles Oakley puts up 26pts and 35 rebounds for the Bulls

The 26 points alone by Charles Oakley was impressive considering Oakley was averaging 12 points a game and only scored over 20 8 times during this season. But doubling his scoring average, matching Michael Jordan, and grabbing an insane 35 rebounds in just 41 minutes sounds like a boxscore typo

Default Re: On this date 1988 VIDEO: Charles Oakley puts up 26pts and 35 rebounds for the Bulls

"J-J-Jordan had no help"

inb4 3ball

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: On this date 1988 VIDEO: Charles Oakley puts up 26pts and 35 rebounds for the Bulls

Oak was a beast, and Jordans Bodyguard on the court
    he led the league in total rebounds one year im pretty sure too

moving him for cartwright however was the right move to make

is this a subtle jab at Michael Jordan or something? Cus OP definitely put a little subtle jab at him.

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    is this a subtle jab at Michael Jordan or something? Cus OP definitely put a little subtle jab at him.
    How so?

All I did was copy and paste what was written in the article.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    You must not read OP's threads/posts. He definitely does not like MJ and its an obvious jab at MJ. Way too obvious. The thing is, people who actually saw MJ play know Oakley and Woolridge were good teammates, but the rest of his team was garbage and its funny to see so many people try to discredit MJ at every turn using ANYTHING, yet turn around and claim others are better than him. People wouldn't spend so much time trying to discredit the guy if he were not consensus goat...Entertaining to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    You must not read OP's threads/posts. He definitely does not like MJ and its an obvious jab at MJ. Way too obvious. The thing is, people who actually saw MJ play know Oakley and Woolridge were good teammates, but the rest of his team was garbage and its funny to see so many people try to discredit MJ at every turn using ANYTHING, yet turn around and claim others are better than him. People wouldn't spend so much time trying to discredit the guy if he were not consensus goat...Entertaining to say the least.
    Click on the link and read the article you dope. You'll see that I didn't write it.

Never have I once said someone was better than him. It's more to do with the Jordanites who think he was perfect and 100x better than anyone else who've laced them up.

This thread is about Oakley, not Jordan.
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 04-23-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Click on the link and read the article you dope. You'll see that I didn't write it.
    Before you call him a dope, you should probably learn to add quotation marks to anything you quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    Before you call him a dope, you should probably learn to add quotation marks to anything you quote.
    While true, why would I write "but we have video proof above." when I put the link to the video at the bottom of my post?

It's just lazy people who think posting something always has an agenda. I've started many worthy threads on this board and very few trolling ones.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Oakley isn't given enough credit for his tremendous defensive impact.

In 1989, Doug Collins got fired, in part because the Bulls had regressed considerably on the defensive end - but the regression was due primarily to the Oakley for Cartwright trade.

MJ was very pissed when they made that trade - Oaktree was his guy
    Last edited by 3ball; 04-23-2015 at 04:46 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Never have I once said someone was better than him. It's more to do with the Jordanites who think he was perfect and 100x better than anyone else who've laced them up.

This thread is about Oakley, not Jordan.
    It doesn't matter that you didn't write it. I'm not stupid, you're the same guy who every time its proven that Jordan said he would score 100 points in a game, WAY after the new rules were implemented, you keep coming back talking about a quote he said WAY BEFORE the rules were ever in place. So you've showed you have something against MJ in other threads. Now all of a sudden you just "happened" upon this Charles Oakley story, a guy you've never mentioned and probably never cared about. And you wouldn't care now either but the story takes a jab at MJ and thats why you posted.

See, I don't have an issue with grown men hating on players, well I do, but its when you dudes aren't honest about it is what gets me. All these subliminal jabs. Like I said, I know Oakley has always been a great player, you don't have to tell us that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    "J-J-Jordan had no help"

inb4 3ball
    He only had Oak for like one season.

And nobody knows who the other guys are.

Really, no help until Pippen and Phil arrived.

Its a joke MJ won DPOY when Oak reppin they own squad was a better defender than year...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Its a joke MJ won DPOY when Oak reppin they own squad was a better defender than year...........
    Oakley is my dude, but come on, you sound crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    It doesn't matter that you didn't write it. I'm not stupid, you're the same guy who every time its proven that Jordan said he would score 100 points in a game, WAY after the new rules were implemented, you keep coming back talking about a quote he said WAY BEFORE the rules were ever in place.
    I have no idea what you're talking about MJ and scoring 100 points a game. I've never mentioned that whatsoever. I have posted the he was quoted in saying that he wouldn't of had the career he did if he faced zone defenses.

So you've showed you have something against MJ in other threads. Now all of a sudden you just "happened" upon this Charles Oakley story, a guy you've never mentioned and probably never cared about. And you wouldn't care now either but the story takes a jab at MJ and thats why you posted.
    If I did't care about Oakley I wouldn't follow him on twitter. He re-tweeted ( https://twitter.com/CharlesOakley34 scroll down a few) and that's how I just "happened" to come upon it. He was always one of my favorite players.

See, I don't have an issue with grown men hating on players, well I do, but its when you dudes aren't honest about it is what gets me. All these subliminal jabs. Like I said, I know Oakley has always been a great player, you don't have to tell us that.
    If that's the way you interpreted my thread, or the reason why I posted it then I can't change that, but you're still wrong