Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard wins DPOY

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Draymond Green got robbed.
    if anybody got robbed it's rudy gobert.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Gobert will have plenty of years to win this award.

It's always good to see non-PFs and non-C win this once in awhile.
    seen a couple of utah games this march and he is the moment he hits the bench that team falls apart

I wouldn't of gave it to him because of the total minutes he played compared to my choice of Draymond Green, but it still isn't a bad choice at all. Kawhi was on another level when he was healthy. Probably one of the better defensive wings I have ever seen play.

It really was up for grabs this season like never before, absolutely no idea who would win it.

Dont know why he won it over Draymond Green though, he was better and played more... had the best record in the NBA aswell partially because of that defense...

Here are all the votes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDSC26BWgAAGAer.png:large

Ah well, congrats. Im happy it at least went to a perimeter D player for once....

Rudy G will get the award next season. Congrats to Kawhii Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    imo the best choice would've been tim duncan as he had the stats and it would've also been a lifetime achievement award.

leonard isn't that bad of a choice really. he absolutely destroys people, he looks like a bigger, stronger, more physical tony allen out there his defense is irreplaceable for the spurs.

draymond green/bogut are surrounded by other very good defenders so it's a bit like the mvp situation: curry shouldn't win as his team is stacked beyond death and green/bogut shouldn't win because they are in a defensively stack team (green, bogut, iggy, barnes, thompson)

dwight missed MUCH more games than kwahi

memphis are again a solid UNIT (gasol, tony allen, conley, green) so you can't say gasol is keeping them together defensively.

the only other REAL candidate is rudy gobert but for some unknown reason he isn't getting any recognition. Utah with him and without him is just day and night. Next year it's gobert's to lose.
    Falty logic.. so a certain set of teammates automatically eliminate you from awards? No.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swagga

the only other REAL candidate is rudy gobert but for some unknown reason he isn't getting any recognition. Utah with him and without him is just day and night. Next year it's gobert's to lose.
    It isn't hard to figure out why, I don't even remember the last defender winning DPOY without a top 5 defensive team, 90 % are on top 3 defensive team. Yes he is one of the most impactful defenders, maybe the most but he didn't start until around February/March. He did anchor a top 3 defense since the all star break but as I said in a previous post it was a very short time span.

He'll be a top 3 candidate and probably win next year though. No way Jazz doesn't have the best defensive team next year with Gobert and Favors.

ring
    dpoy
    finals mvp

at age 23-

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Gobert got robbed imo. Kawhi is by no means a bad choice, he's definitely on that level, but no one has been as impactful defensively as Gobert. Not Kawhi, not Green, not Bogut, no one.
    DPOY is the defensive MVP... so i mean, team record matters, it has to translate to success...

But even there they were contradictive, considering Draymond Green didnt win it, even though he got the most 1st place votes.

nba's "powers that be" screwing GSW over.

kerr didnt get COTY....Green doesnt get DPOY

*spoilers*:Harden wins MVP

It was wide open this year...

1. Kawhi Leonard
    2. Draymond Green
    3. DeAndre Jordan
    4. Anthony Davis
    5. Rudy Gobert
    6. Andrew Bogut

I could have lived with just about anyone of those... the fact that Leonard/Green were the top 2 is a good sign.

How good is 2014 Noah, 2013 Gasol, 2012 Chandler in comparison to the top 3? I think they lose out, rather easily. Would have loved to see 'Bron get it in 2012 + 2013.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 04-23-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    DPOY is the defensive MVP... so i mean, team record matters, it has to translate to success...

But even there they were contradictive, considering Draymond Green didnt win it, even though he got the most 1st place votes.
    It's not, otherwise it would say most valuable defensive player.... DPOTY is simply best defensive player, no questions asked like unlike with the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    It was wide open this year...

1. Kawhi Leonard
    2. Draymond Green
    3. DeAndre Jordan
    4. Anthony Davis
    5. Rudy Gobert
    6. Andrew Bogut

I could have lived with just about anyone of those... the fact that Leonard/Green were the top 2 is a good sign.

How good is 2014 Noah, 2013 Gasol, 2012 Chandler in comparison to the top 3? I think they lose out, rather easily. Would have loved to see 'Bron get it in 12-13.
    Lebron should have won in 2011-12. He didn't have a very strong case in 2012-13. He was terrific in 2010-11,2011-12.

It would have been fine if he hadn't missed so many games. But he did, so he shouldn't have got it.

And Draymond was better. Dude was guarding PG-PF throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    It's not, otherwise it would say most valuable defensive player.... DPOTY is simply best defensive player, no questions asked like unlike with the MVP.
    If that is the case then Anthony Davis or Rudy Gobert should have won it this year.... no way in hell is Kawhi that good & impactful defensively....