Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LeBron's son: You couldn't beat Michael Jordan

http://thebiglead.com/2015/04/21/leb...achel-nichols/

The LeBron vs. MJ #debate continues to tear households apart. First it was a roommate fight, and now it’s threatening the fabric of the relationship between father and son. As Rachel Nichols told it during tonight’s Cavs-Celtics telecast, LeBron James was informed by his son that he’d just passed Michael Jordan in all-time playoff assists (he’s now in sole possession of ninth-most), before dropping a hellacious but actually. “His son was quick to tell his Dad he doesn’t think he could beat MJ in much of anything else.”

Nichols asked LeBron about this interaction in the post-game interview, and he gave a polite laugh before ably deflecting the question.

ESPN: Vid http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12743290

LBJJr alpha as phuck

Default Re: LeBron's son: You couldn't beat Michael Jordan

So beta even his kid clowns him

But it's true, MJ is better in every other part of the game and even the passing is debatable

His father has already taught him to be a great leader and how to motivate your teammates. That is what LeBron's son is doing with his father.

On the other hand, Jordan is hundreds times better than LeBron.

MJ is the better passer IMO, LeBron simply looks more for the pass

NBA All-star

Karl Malone

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

My first thought is that Lebron isnt insecured about praising MJ in his house, thats what formed his sons opinion. Take notes Kobe and MJ stans.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    His father has already taught him to be a great leader and how to motivate your teammates. That is what LeBron's son is doing with his father.

Some of you know nothing about basketball. Lebron is easily a better passer than MJ... and its pretty obvious why...

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Kid is already smarter than the vast majority of the Lebron stans on this forum by the sounds of it

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lebrons true tail will be told by how long he can remain at or near top? I mean if he is still in argument for best player in league 3 or 4 years from now and has another championship or two under belt his career will go down as one of the best ever mixing team alcolades with personal success.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Lebrons true tail will be told by how long he can remain at or near top? I mean if he is still in argument for best player in league 3 or 4 years from now and has another championship or two under belt his career will go down as one of the best ever mixing team alcolades with personal success.

he's been at the top for some time now, and has much of the individual accolades, stats, and success to prove he's top 3 in all-around play. it's basically Bird/Lebron right now, maybe throw Magic in the mix too...he plays 3-4 more years with this A-game and he is undoubtedly the best in this criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk

don't know if troll, so I'll give you a decent reply. Some idiots will probably quote me for saying something bad but reasonable about their idols.

Lebron looks more for the pass because he understands that he controls the team and is looking to INITIATE offense not just get an assist or pass after a penetration (jordan style). It's called controlling the game and tempo. If you go by APG durant and kobe are almost as good as lebron in running a team, which is A great passer understands the everybody on the team needs to get constant touches and *gasp* assist on their own. Of course the coach plays a massive role in this, but superstars kinda get the last word in the NBA so lebron/jordan/westbrook/durant/kobe do their thing a lot in games.

I won't even go into HOW these stats are racked and what good or bad they bring to a team. I can only tell you that it's quite obvious that opposing coaches don't game plan for durant's or kobe's passing and they don't give a damn about their assits. For example, a 4 apg lebron game creates much more offense with passing than a 7apg durant game.

A simple example of bad high apg is westbrook, who has so much apg because he hogs the ball late in the clock all the time. He is very talented but he has zero control. A good pass needs timing, control and context. Westbrook finds alot of passes because he recklessly attacks and that creates openings. Against quality defense this thing hurts the team alot, because rotations take away the easy passes and openings and the offense stangnates => westbrook shoots even more. Even with an idiot like brooks running the show, westbrook's style is unacceptable.

the CLASSIC bad example of apg is wilt leading the league in apg on a team with MULTIPLE HOFs .. wilt was so dumb that he even though he was proving a point, but anybody that played organized ball should understand the selfishness and hypocrisy.

for good, relevant apg look at mike conley and chris paul, these dudes are money. The difference between their passes is that cp3 plays with retards like jamal crawford and demonkey jordan, and has a dumbass coach in doc rivers, things which really limit his playmaking (plays and tactics, not apg) opportunities. I say this because cp3 is much more talented.

I could go on more, but you should get the point.

don't get me wrong jordan is an very good passer, but he is a westbrook type pg. I won't speak about the 80s defenses and the difference in rules, that's another topic. If you want you can check them out and reason for yourself. Or just watch some tape, compare to what the spurs did against lebron and ask yourself why nobody tried that back then. inb4 3ball 999999 gifs
    Last edited by swagga; 04-23-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    don't know if troll, so I'll give you a decent reply. Some idiots will probably quote me for saying something bad but reasonable about their idols.

Lebron looks more for the pass because he understands that he controls the team and is looking to INITIATE offense not just get an assist or pass after a penetration (jordan style). It's called controlling the game and tempo. If you go by APG durant and kobe are almost as good as lebron in running a team, which is A great passer understands the everybody on the team needs to get constant touches and *gasp* assist on their own. Of course the coach plays a massive role in this, but superstars kinda get the last word in the NBA so lebron/jordan/westbrook/durant/kobe do their thing a lot in games.

I won't even go into HOW these stats are racked and what good or bad they bring to a team. I can only tell you that it's quite obvious that opposing coaches don't game plan for durant's or kobe's passing and they don't give a damn about their assits. For example, a 4 apg lebron game creates much more offense with passing than a 7apg durant game.

A simple example of bad high apg is westbrook, who has so much apg because he hogs the ball late in the clock all the time. He is very talented but he has zero control. A good pass needs timing, control and context. Westbrook finds alot of passes because he recklessly attacks and that creates openings. Against quality defense this thing hurts the team alot, because rotations take away the easy passes and openings and the offense stangnates => westbrook shoots even more. Even with an idiot like brooks running the show, westbrook's style is unacceptable.

the CLASSIC bad example of apg is wilt leading the league in apg on a team with MULTIPLE HOFs .. wilt was so dumb that he even though he was proving a point, but anybody that played organized ball should understand the selfishness and hypocrisy.

for good, relevant apg look at mike conley and chris paul, these dudes are money. The difference between their passes is that cp3 plays with retards like jamal crawford and demonkey jordan, and has a dumbass coach in doc rivers, things which really limit his playmaking (plays and tactics, not apg) opportunities. I say this because cp3 is much more talented.

I could go on more, but you should get the point.

don't get me wrong jordan is an very good passer, but he is a westbrook type pg. I won't speak about the 80s defenses and the difference in rules, that's another topic. If you want you can check them out and reason for yourself. Or just watch some tape, compare to what the spurs did against lebron and ask yourself why nobody tried that back then. inb4 3ball 999999 gifs

He's a kid who's just clowning his old man. No big deal...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    He's a kid who's just clowning his old man. No big deal...
    Or he's seen MJ on youtube and likes his game better.. MJ does have way more moves.. That's something his son (who plays ball and is a top 6th grader) would instantly notice.