Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DDensity's Avatar

Default Re: Who do so many Lakers fans like/want Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime2001
    It's crazy how the Lakers haven't really had a great PG since Nick Van Exel.
    The reason for that is simple: Phil Jackson was the coach for the majority of time since the NVE era. The triangle deemphasizes the strengths of many PGs and turns them into spot up shooters. Case in point, who did the Bulls have at PG during the Jordan era? It was a revolving door of mediocrity.

The majority of fans, Lakers fans or otherwise, don't know basketball at all. Lakers have a lot of fans, so the proportion of those who are clueless in comparison to other teams is pretty high. The reason I say this is that any fan with a clue knows that Fisher was just a stable placeholder PG. Aside from being tough minded, he was below average in just about every category. His most important role was being a level headed voice in the locker room. Aside from that, his actual basketball skills were laughable. It's not a coincidence even scrub PGs would have career nights on the Lakers, with Fisher playing "defense".

So yes, NVE was the last good PG we had. Good, not great -- I was a huge fan. It's hard to be upset about 5 titles during the shitty-PG-era, though. Rondo would just extend the shitty-PG era. I'm in the camp of Lakers fans who absolutely don't want Rondo around. I'll go a step further that the only free agents we should be after are bonafide all stars with a lengthy career ahead of them. Otherwise, just keep stacking young undeveloped talent, and develop them. I'd rather be terrible than perpetually mediocre, not that Rondo would turn the dial even towards mediocre, he would add nothing to this team.
    Last edited by DDensity; 04-23-2015 at 05:24 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Desperation leads to poor choices. A known fact throughout history. Lets all hope they make this one.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Yea, that ain't true and is a bunch of horseshit being pushed by Rondo's bitchmade camp. He will call a few but if the offense is in a flow he leaves it alone. He was calling plays w/Rondo b/c the dumb**** was ignoring the playbook and was trying to wing it leading to stupid turnovers.
    BS... Carlisle has had players complaining about his micromanagement going back to his days with the Pacers.. Jason Kidd complained about it when he joined the Mavericks The pistons players complained about it.. let's not make this a Rondo thing when it's been out there for years...

I didn't even say it's a bad thing, I just said his style of managing the team on the floor didn't match up with how Rondo plays the game but get out of here with that Rondo's camp crap when it's been a knock on Carlisle for years

I've never seen someone quit in the 2nd game of a first round series. Rondo is a ****ing joke.

Rondo wants to put up stats and lose, so I guess LAL is perfect for him.

Couldn't be more glad that he's gone.
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 04-23-2015 at 06:10 PM.