Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Do the Wizards stand a chance against the Hawks?

Paul pierce was coasting in the regular season. They have a 25% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    Again, how come no one ever talks about the free pass the Hawks gets to the ECF?

I guess it's because no one has a problem with the way their team was assembled.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I very much like the matchup. Teague is athletic enough to hang with Wall, and we won't let Beal get wide open looks. Our bigs really cause problems for theirs because of how quick they are. Nene and Gortat don't want to chase Al and Paul out to the high post and beyond.

Plus we have a big time coaching mismatch in our favor.
    I pretty much agree with this. I love the Wiz backcourt, but The Hawks have the bodies at guard to push them, even if they don't outplay them. Both Teague and Schroeder can keep up with Wall.

And the Hawks frontcourt is strong enough to hang with The Wiz bigs on D, but will make them really uncomfortable on the other end. There's no dead body to match Pierce with at PF. In fact asking him to chase Korver or Carroll will be a lot. And Milsap is actually doing a lot of the Pierce stuff now just better.

I think the only real Wiz advantage would be to punish the offensive glass, and hope that gets one of the Hawks bigs in foul trouble, because the Hawks become a much more manageable alignment when Pero Antic comes in.

Wiz will destroy the Hawks(pretenders)

Both will get raped by the stacked cavs though.. Just the way letinypeepee likes it

Decent playground baller

I really think the Wiz will push it to 6-7. In the playoffs they tend to have elite rebounding and defense. The issue is the offense, and that is all based on if Wall and Beal are both playing like All-Stars like in game 2. If they play that aggressive they can hang with the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman23
    I really think the Wiz will push it to 6-7. In the playoffs they tend to have elite rebounding and defense. The issue is the offense, and that is all based on if Wall and Beal are both playing like All-Stars like in game 2. If they play that aggressive they can hang with the Hawks.
    I wouldn't be all that surprised, we're not playing great.

I think Beal is the x-factor, if he keeps playing at a high level it makes the Wizards a completely different beast from what we saw in the regular season. We're going to miss Thabo's defense in that series for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman23

The trouble with the Wizards is that they have been exposed in the last 2 4th quarters. They have huge leads against a team (which seems overmatched), only to see that lead dwindle when the game slows down. That is a troubling trend imo.

Beal is an x factor