Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: James Harden hasn't shot 40% in the Playoffs as a Rocket

James Harden has been beasting in the playoffs. He is burning Dallas with his elite court vision. Dallas' game plan is to make him a passer hence the inflated assist numbers. And he's still averaging what, like 25 PPG?

You stat nerds can keep pointing at box scores or bringing up irrelevant stats like FG% (seriously, what year is this?) trying to muster up an argument as to why Harden isn't a superstar.

I'll take the 56 Wins, 2nd seed in a historically stacked conference, the MVP trophy and a convincing 2-0 lead against a team many said was championship bound coming into the season.

I mean...if it helps you boys sleep at night then yeah.. Keep your outdated FG% stat, you nerds.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

harden fg - curry 3p

2012 - 2013 .391 - .396
    2013 - 2014 .376 - .386
    2014 - 2015 .321 - .318

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    James Harden has been beasting in the playoffs. He is burning Dallas with his elite court vision. Dallas' game plan is to make him a passer hence the inflated assist numbers. And he's still averaging what, like 25 PPG?

You stat nerds can keep pointing at box scores or bringing up irrelevant stats like FG% (seriously, what year is this?) trying to muster up an argument as to why Harden isn't a superstar.

I'll take the 56 Wins, 2nd seed in a historically stacked conference, the MVP trophy and a convincing 2-0 lead against a team many said was championship bound coming into the season.

I mean...if it helps you boys sleep at night then yeah.. Keep your outdated FG% stat, you nerds.

Can't wait when Curry wins MVP, Harden gets bounced out in the second round.

Will copy and paste this post.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Damn.

And his last series with OKC was the Finals where he played horribly.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    Playoff defense is at an all time high
    Not really

and a convincing 2-0 lead against a team many said was championship bound coming into the season.

Rajon Rondo you da real Rockets MVP

and the Mavs are not even a 0.500 team with Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    He's saving his energy for the finals.

[COLOR="White"]lol[/COLOR]
    Yup he will be wide awake, drinking beer and eating fish with his buddies Dubeta & Westbrick while watching Cavaliers vs Warriors entertain the world.

@ the double standards.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    @ the double standards.
    I was about to say... that dudes in every Kobe thread banging on FG%

As for Harden.. meh.. playoffs are harder, even harder when you're the team leader, as long as the team wins the numbers don't matter as much
    Last edited by gts; 04-22-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Banned

Local High School Star

Ellan Iveson rolling over in his grave

Banned

James Harden FTr so far these playoffs: 1.071

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I was about to say... that dudes in every Kobe thread banging on FG%

As for Harden.. meh.. playoffs are harder, even harder when you're the team leader, as long as the team wins the numbers don't matter as much
    Yup....

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    James Harden FTr so far these playoffs: 1.071

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Rockets gonna lose in the second round. book it.
    They wouldn't be favored against either team. Way to go out on a limb there.

Harden hasn't shot well in the playoffs, or even in the last month or so, but he's remained aggressive, he's gotten his teammates involved, his defense has been above average, and he hasn't shot the team out of games.

I can live with 4-15 if he's shooting 6-10 free throws (minus the late garbage time free throws obviously). I can also live with 4-15 when he's dishing out 11 assists (game 1) and when he's playing an all around game (6 assists 5 boards in game 2) especially since DMo and Beverley are out.

What I can't live with is 10-31. 12-38. 10-29. That's what kills you.

I doubt he will continue to struggle on his jumper forever. He's been in a shooting slump for a few weeks, but they'll fall eventually. He's not taking bad shots, they're just not falling.