Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default What Do You Hate The Most About The NBA Game Today?

I love the game, I'm entertained. I watch any game thats on(on the internet of course )

But there's still some things we cannot stand about the game. It can be about the way its played, the players, personalities, play styles, fans, atmosphere, whatever.

Me personally. I HATE the flopping. Now I was a Reggie fan, he obviously flopped a lot, its partly his fault. But I kinda blame the refs too, because they don't have to reward it. The way the playoffs are being called, I think its great. They're not calling every bump or even every hit, because that's playoff ball. I wish they would call the regular season games the same way. That probably won't happen though because it would be more physical and players may have shorter careers = less money for the NBA?

Anyway, thats mine, whats yours?

kobetard

Default Re: What Do You Hate The Most About The NBA Game Today?

Man, I saw the title and came in to say FLOPPING!

Banned

Too many threes

The constant bitching and whining to the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    Man, I saw the title and came in to say FLOPPING!
    Like, I don't blame the players for doing it completely because this is the NBA, you do anything you can get away with to win. I get it. But I still hate it.....

I rule the local playground

The answer is flopping and it isnt close.

It captures so many negatives. Cheap play, unsportsmanlike conduct, prima donna players, lack of toughness, randomness in the outcome of critical plays, etc.

Just an embarrassment. If the NBA took a super hard stance against this, I'd applaud.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    Too many threes
    I agree with this too. Dudes shot WAAYYY too many threes. Its like, players don't even have to drive and kick that far into the lane anymore, they just have to drive a little bit and just kick it to somebody behind the line and they launch a 3...

I miss the mid-range game...

Intentional fouling at the end of games.

I guess it's not so much "about the NBA game today"... it's been this way for as long as I'm aware of, at all levels of basketball... and I'm not sure what could be done about it... but it just really, really sucks. It turns off casual fans and prevents them from appreciating the game more, and it just ruins the fluidity which makes me enjoy basketball in the first place.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Too much chucking and showboating, and way too many mixed players that look exactly that of a middle schooler.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Like, I don't blame the players for doing it completely because this is the NBA, you do anything you can get away with to win. I get it. But I still hate it.....
    I disagree with that notion that you do anything you can get away with to win. It's still a game and sport. Players should respect the game, the fans, and sportmanship. Finding ways to cheat is not cool.

The D-FENCE and LETS GO *TEAM NAME* chants

Quote Originally Posted by choppermagic
    The answer is flopping and it isnt close.

It captures so many negatives. Cheap play, unsportsmanlike conduct, prima donna players, lack of toughness, randomness in the outcome of critical plays, etc.

Just an embarrassment. If the NBA took a super hard stance against this, I'd applaud.
    And they shouldn't reward the pump fake, jump into the defender crap either. Ok, if the defender actually gets faked that hard that he flies into the shooter, fine, call a foul. But when he just jumps to try to contest the shot and the shooter pole vaults into him, thats some bs and should not be rewarded. Biting on a pump fake is a natural reaction. Sometimes you HAVE to anticipate the shot, look how quick these guys shoot, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, they have lighting fast releases.....

Quote Originally Posted by choppermagic
    I disagree with that notion that you do anything you can get away with to win. It's still a game and sport. Players should respect the game, the fans, and sportmanship. Finding ways to cheat is not cool.
    I agree with you, I'm not the type to flop, thats not my style and I'm a slim dude too. But I never minded contact. But I know the mentality of some of these dudes who are basically thinking about their legacy every time they step on the court, there's some guys who will do anything and not care.

Flopping is a tough one.

I'm all for it in terms of showing the ref contact where there was contact, and allowing the player to over-act a little. Because they really don't call some clear offensive fouls unless you jerk back and flop a little at times.
    But the faking hits and injuries out of complete nothing is what I am against.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Flopping #1
    Hype Status #2

What do I mean about status? Every team has a star or superstar. BS. A superstar is a household name in my book. If your never-watch sports Grandma in Arizona knows who the best player in Toronto is, they're likely a Superstar. Otherwise GTFO of here by following the agent and PR hype like a little lamb on the prairie.