Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Off-Season

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Off-Season

Word around town is that the Jazz's number 1 target in free agency is Marco Belinelli. Wouldn't surprise me given Lindsey's massive boner for anyone even remotely affiliated with the Spurs. It's not terrible but I'd rather them go for a more two way player like DeMarre Carroll, Danny Green (Spurs!!), or Wes Matthews. All can shoot the 3 just fine but all play better D than Marco. Carroll would be my first choice but given the year he had he might be too expensive.

Seems there is no longer mutual interest between the Jazz and Paul Millsap. Drafting Lyles apparently put that to rest, though I'm not sure why.

I'm sure they'll pick up Booker's option (and they should) and I'm about 75% sure Trey will be traded.

Alec Burks should play the 1. He could be in the mold of Russell Westbrook at that position. Seeing as everyone else at PG is a work in progress, seems like a low risk high reward option

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

They need a pg more than anything. Need a back-up center too. Trey will be traded if they can find a taker. I'd guess he could be cut if they don't. All those guys will be too expensive. They have enough money to get one player close to max salary and it should be a pg if they do.

https://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/...ey-interviews/

And so, when we have people calling us for Dante Exum, you know, Quin has stopped that. Quin

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/jazznote...est-free-agent

The Utah Jazz could clear more than $16 million in cap space this summer, but that's certainly no guarantee that they'll make a major splash when the free agent market opens up tonight at 10.

General manager Dennis Lindsey and company will be working the phones, making their pitches and trying to fill roster needs. But while other teams are rolling out the red carpets to try to woo the likes of LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love and the rest of this summer's biggest free agent names, Jazz officials are prepared for the possibility of a quiet silly season.
    I'm not prepared for that! They need some more bodies.

The Millers have approved spending up to the cap. So if the Jazz, if they were to move the non-guaranteed contracts of Trevor Booker, Jack Cooley, Chris Johnson, Elijah Millsap and Bryce Cotton, would have quite a bit of cash with which to work.

I see Booker, Millsap and Cotton on the team to start next year. Maybe Johnson. Cooley has to go. Burke and Jerrett too.

But, clearly, internal development remains Lindsey's biggest focus.
    "Our best free agent, I've said this before, is Alec Burks," the general manager says of the shooting guard's return from injury.
    He doesn't have to be.

Asked about the need for improved shooting, Lindsey again points to internal development, saying, "I wish I could show you the work that Rodney Hood has put in."

I think they could have enough shooting especially if they get a pg and another big that can shoot.

[QUOTE]Then, after mentioning that teams have inquired about Dante Exum's availability, Lindsey says that coach Quin Snyder is adamantly opposed to dealing the teenage point guard because he believes he can mold him into something more. And, make no mistake, Jazz officials absolutely believe in Snyder's ability to do it.

Obviously, the front office is looking to bolster its talent.

But just how much of that will come when free agency opens tonight?

[I]

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...In-Trade-Talks

He could be a great fit. Might want to let Booker go if they got him. A future first maybe? I thought they blew it when they drafted Almond over him all those years ago.

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/jazznote...-with-familiar

[QUOTE]It seems the Jazz and guard/forward Joe Ingles have mutual interest in a return. Utah tendered the 27-year-old a qualifying offer, making him a restricted free agent. Ingles was technically a rookie last season in the NBA, but he was also a leader in the locker room and a solid role player off the Jazz bench.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...oe-Ingles.html

The Jazz also continue their talks with visiting German center Tibor Pleiss.
    Utah and the 25-year-old Pleiss, a 7-foot-2 big man who was acquired in the Enes Kanter trade with Oklahoma City, are exploring a contract structure while he's in town.

A signing isn't necessarily imminent, but the Jazz's intent is to bring Pleiss over to be starting center Rudy Gobert's primary backup, according to sources. The FC Barcelona player is known for being an excellent shooter from the perimeter and a big finisher at the basket.
    Lindsey said earlier in the year he wasn't sure the guy is ready. They better feel pretty confident he is a legitimate NBA back-up right now on a top Western Conference team. I'm afraid he's going to get pushed around like a rag doll personally. If they bring him over there better be a decent NBA vet on the team as insurance and competition at the very least.

Forward Jeremy Evans is the only unrestricted free agent who played for the Jazz. His future with Utah doesn't look good, however, considering the team drafted a versatile forward in 6-foot-11 Trey Lyles of Kentucky with the 12th pick last week.
    His future doesn't look good because of last year. He wasn't a favorite of the new staff. If they end up getting a big upgrade at center and let Booker go I still think he could be a decent 4th big though.

While the Jazz have upwards of $18 million to spend on free agency, the organization's internal thinking is that it might be wise to keep options open in case another team wants to do a salary-dump trade that could be beneficial to both sides.
    That should be the last option if you can't get anyone else you like.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...than-once.html

[QUOTE]Paul Millsap is a free agent and the Jazz will have talks with him, even though they did draft Trey Lyles, a frontcourt player. But the former Jazz forward

Sounds like Millsap would cost too much now unless the Hawks want a frontline of Favors/Horford/Splitter

Gonna have to get used to these new cap numbers. Millsap and Carroll both seem way overpaid to me. Hayward and Favors are probably going to look like a steal in 2 years time.

Hayward can opt out in a couple of years. Same year Gobert will be getting his new 5 year max deal. They're going to be hoping for some Spurs like discounts.