Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Dallas = Most boring city in US

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    I became a Mavs fan before I knew how boring the city was. Now I'm confused. I planned a trip to the Mecca of Mavs basketball so that I could learn more about the homeland of my favorite players, only to find out that they lead boring empty lives.

Obviously a person can make a blanket statement about an entire city's personality based on their weekend business trip. Yet that same person boasts of their parent state's consensus intelligence. Newsflash, because a state ranks a certain position in a national education scale, doesn't mean all of their inhabitants are smart or dumb for that matter.

You enter a forum that is devoted to a certain city and you expect people just to blow it off when you knock their city based on your small limited sample of time.

Furthermore, museums in most major cities have the same hours. I gave the example of MOMA in New York (one of the most popular museums in the world) and how the hours were not very "working man" friendly.

You make ridiculous comments about how Texans are perceived by the outside world as being associated with the KKK (which inherently marrs our ability to be educated), when the fact is, that the KKK is most predominant in Mississippi and Alabama. This tells me that you don't do any research before blasting out hot opinions. Maybe this is because you assume people in this forum are not intelligent. The irony is that by doing that you express your own lack of intelligence.

Unfortunately for you, every time your company sends you to Dallas you will be miserable because you are so close minded that you use assumptions as facts.

Troll on brotha.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl
    Unfortunately for you, every time your company sends you to Dallas you will be miserable because you are so close minded that you use assumptions as facts.
    No I won't. Next time I'm hitting up TGI Friday's.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

yeah...grab a drink while you are there...let loose a little bit...talk to some chicks....you may find it more exciting than a museum...

Saw a basketball once

at trying to claim Microsoft and Silicon valley as acheivements of the South.
    did you read the post? I thought i said people who migrated south and west. I guess that wasn't clear enough.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    You couldn't be more wrong with this statement. During my time in the military I have seen many places around the world. And I'd be willing to bet that I have had many more life experiences due to my age. But I have lived in this city since 1980, and it is a part of my identity. But it neither formed it, or consumes it.

In fact I could draw the same conclusion about you from your posts in this thread. Since you have lived in two major cities it has formed your identity. It also makes it appear that you have had limited life experience since you compare everything to your culture in those cities. It really doesn't show that you are open to much, just expect what you are used to doing to be available wherever you go. And how much of a worldview is it to want every place to be convenient for you. Instead of moping about trying to find something you like. If it's not available try something local and new. You just might broaden your horizons.
    I agree. I'm in the military now. I've also been to several major U.S. cities. The two that stand out above all others that i've been to are NY and chicago(at least as far as downtown areas go). Dallas isn't the most exciting city in the US, but it isn't the most boring one either. I can assure you the whole city doesn't shutdown that early.

This coming from the guy who's native football team puts blocks of cheese on their head to root for their team.

Whats funny is that he talks down about Dallas' culture and society. Then he goes on to say that his identity was formed with his 18 years in Madison, WI. So your saying the city of Madison is what formed your personality. I feel sorry for the citizens of Madison with you as their representative.
    Last edited by BigAl; 04-18-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    talk to some chicks....you may find it more exciting than a museum...
    I'm married. Lose the high school mentality (unless you're actually in high school; then I guess it's fine).

I'm married. Lose the high school mentality (unless you're actually in high school; then I guess it's fine).
    Again, a paradox. Telling people to lose the high school mentality while at the same time making blanket statements about an entire city and insulting their intelligence.

Your right. Primetime is the guy with the high school mentality.

Very entertaining thread.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

so having some drinks at a bar and talking to girls is a high school mentality?

last time I checked you had to be an adult to do that...

Local High School Star LiL Stevie's Avatar

Co-sign. Adamcz vs. the city of Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
    Co-sign. Adamcz vs. the city of Dallas

lol!

lllllllllets get ready to rumblllllllllle!

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    so having some drinks at a bar and talking to girls is a high school mentality?

last time I checked you had to be an adult to do that...
    good point. adamcz is the one who started the thread with all of the high school educated type statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Lol I was just getting ready to post the same thing. This thread got outta hand.

Oh and Ive been to Dallas and I didnt find it too boring but thats becuase their was a big food festival going on and I got to visit where Kennedy got shot. :)

Saw a basketball once

LOL. Remember man city exists first, so both are as important