Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: ☆2015 Lakers Draft Thread

WHOA NICE PICK! RUSSELL OUR NEXT STAR

NBA lottery pick

I like it. Go after another big like LMA now. I think Russell is the way to go. Now lets see if the Sixers get offered the world for Okafur or try to trade for Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    There is zero chance our Lakers draft Russell.
    Boy was I wrong! So glad we got Russell

NBA lottery pick

That's gonna be a very tough 3 guard rotation with Kobe, Clarkson, and Russell. You have to figure they go after LMA first and foremost and then Greg Monroe as option B. No more Rondo rumors lol.
    Last edited by dd24; 06-25-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Might have snagged the best player in the draft. What this tells me is they think they have a legitimate shot at getting a big through free agency. Aldridge, Love or Monroe can be a laker.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    That's gonna be a very tough 3 guard rotation with Kobe, Clarkson, and Russell. You have to figure they go after LMA first and foremost and then Greg Monroe as option B. No more Rondo rumors lol.
    Thank god no rondo lol. Thinking about it makes more sense to get Russell bc there are not many great pgs available

NBA lottery pick

^^ Exactly. Grabbing the guard and having a chance at a big like LMA, Love, or Monroe makes the team competitive this season rather than waiting on another season to rebuild. Plus they still have money to go after KD now right? Kobe's contract drops off and they can make a max offer. Kobe could finally sign a contract for a year or two on the cheaper side of things and maybe have a chance at a ring. Or Kobe retires and they eventually go after Westbrook and have two combo guards in the back court.

NBA lottery pick

I would also say with the Kings drafting WCS, that means DMC is on his way out.

wonder what the market for him will be if the Lakers are indeed out of the running. Denver? They got mudiay so Lawson should be on the block.

I wonder what 76ers are going to do. They have Noel, embiid and okafor. Time to make some decisions.

I rule the local playground

i am excited. i want them to do the best they can next season so phily gets the worst possible pick. with several good big men possibly moving in the off season it was smart to pick a guard.

I'm probably in the minority here but I have reservations about Demarcus Cousin's volatility. He's great when he's happy and getting along with the coach but I have concerns about his attitude when he doesn't get his way.
    The tantrums and lack of self control etc.
    But I like Kevin Love, I know not a few are not impressed with what happened to him in Cleveland and Minnesotta but this guy can really contribute.
    I will focus first on LMA, then Love, then Monroe, one thing I would hate is for the Lakers to give up after a couple denials from FA's.

Home of the 16

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Well I'm indeed surprised, I guess I was happy none the less whoever if it was of the top 3 it wasn't who I wanted first choice but can't exactly be mad, surprised none the less, though I think Aldridge has certainly had an effect on who was picked, seems all but gone from Portland and seems Lakers may be really in the hunt or at least they think they are.
    Last edited by Lakers91; 06-26-2015 at 06:34 AM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    wonder what the market for him will be if the Lakers are indeed out of the running. Denver? They got mudiay so Lawson should be on the block.

I wonder what 76ers are going to do. They have Noel, embiid and okafor. Time to make some decisions.
    Well the Lakers kind of stuffed their plans to shore up the point guard position now they're kind of in an odd situation, the smarter thing would probably be to trade one of them (I'm guessing Embiid based on injuries) for a guard because he still should have value even with his injury history. Or maybe they will just go with a three headed dragon at Center/power forward and flip them around I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Well the Lakers kind of stuffed their(Sixers) plans to shore up the point guard position now they're kind of in an odd situation, the smarter thing would probably be to trade one of them (I'm guessing Embiid based on injuries) for a guard because he still should have value even with his injury history. Or maybe they will just go with a three headed dragon at Center/power forward and flip them around I don't know
    When they traded MCW, arguably their best PG the past 2 years, they could have recieved Brandon Knight and his 18 pts/game but instead they chose to get a pick instead. So many are screaming that Mudiay was the best PG and he was available and yet they chose another big man. Maybe, they just want to suck for 2-5 more years and get more picks?
    I think they can do this over and over and theres no rule to prevent them from doing so.