Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Better Player All-Time: Wade or Dirk?

Think about it, Wade had Prime LeBron and the best he did was a 2 for 4.

You telling me Dirk with Prime LeBron wouldn't got at least 5 for 6?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wade never finished below .500 during his peak outside of an injured season.

Wade has consistently been good too. He has 8 seasons in a row of 22+ppg, and 10 seasons of 20+ppg.
    Individual achievements are about equal. Sure, Dirk has an MVP season, but Wade has 2 seasons undoubtedly better than Dirk's best and MVP season. So yeah...

So Wade is a better offensive and defensive player.
    Wade has a better peak.
    Wade has won more.
    Wade outplayed Dirk in the finals.
    Wade is a better playoff and finals performer.

So why is Dirk considered better in your eyes? An MVP and an arbitrary .500 winning record in a single season that Wade doesn't have; one in which he was injured and didn't play the whole season in none the less. That's about as specific as me saying that Dirk can't be higher because Wade has never lost to the 8th seed as the 1st seed.
    My above list are just facts given their careers. Your requirements are a bunch of arbitrary accomplishments that are insanely specific.
    I'm on my phone, so I can't (or just don't want to) make an extended post. I agree with your points but I will say that Dirk has undoubtedly been more accomplished than Wade. Dirk is the better offensive player, PPG doesn't tell the story of how great of a shooter and scorer when he wanted to score.

Dirk's monster 2011 playoff run went down as one of the greatest of this era considering his individual performance and the names he beat.

Wade's career just left fans wanting more, especially when he wanted to compete with Kobe. He never had a great statistical and winning season as the undisputed best player of his team after 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wade never finished below .500 during his peak outside of an injured season.

Wade has consistently been good too. He has 8 seasons in a row of 22+ppg, and 10 seasons of 20+ppg.
    Individual achievements are about equal. Sure, Dirk has an MVP season, but Wade has 2 seasons undoubtedly better than Dirk's best and MVP season. So yeah...

So Wade is a better offensive and defensive player.
    Wade has a better peak.
    Wade has won more.
    Wade outplayed Dirk in the finals.
    Wade is a better playoff and finals performer.

So why is Dirk considered better in your eyes? An MVP and an arbitrary .500 winning record in a single season that Wade doesn't have; one in which he was injured and didn't play the whole season in none the less. That's about as specific as me saying that Dirk can't be higher because Wade has never lost to the 8th seed as the 1st seed.
    My above list are just facts given their careers. Your requirements are a bunch of arbitrary accomplishments that are insanely specific.
    The game has never seen a guy like Dirk. A true 7 footer with 3 point range and a step back jumper that has to rank right up there with one of the most unstoppable moves ever. He doesn't have to dominate the ball to be great. He can sit in the corner and stretch the floor or create his own shot. That's another thing about the guy. You could actually tell him to create his own shot in crunch time. How many 7 footers could do that?

And winning a regular season MVP does carry additional weight. He's only a handful of players to win regular season and finals mvp. He had incredible longevity. He carried a team on his back to a title.

I have no problem with anyone picking Wade. I am just making some points for Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    I'm on my phone, so I can't (or just don't want to) make an extended post. I agree with your points but I will say that Dirk has undoubtedly been more accomplished than Wade. Dirk is the better offensive player, PPG doesn't tell the story of how great of a shooter and scorer when he wanted to score.

Dirk's monster 2011 playoff run went down as one of the greatest of this era considering his individual performance and the names he beat.

Wade's career just left fans wanting more, especially when he wanted to compete with Kobe. He never had a great statistical and winning season as the undisputed best player of his team after 2006.
    How ****ing dumb are you, dude? Look at the teams Wade was on after winning a ring and FMVP.

@ Dirk being the better scorer.

Without injuries its Wade. Wade's playstyle isnt meant for longevity and racking up all time accolades. So Dirk for career and Wade for peak play.

Banned

In a embarrassingly weak Eastern Conference he should have been able to get more than 40 wins a season.

Dirk is a better scorer.
    50/40/90
    Unstoppable Fadeaway
    Stretch PF
    One Legged Shots
    Greatest Pick and Pop Big Man
    FT Machine

The fact that Wade never developed a long ranged shot sets the difference between their during arsenal.

It's like you've never watched prime Dirk

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

Wade was past his prime from 2012-2014 yet they still win 2/3 of those years. 2011 was Lebron's fault, if he plays a bit better in the finals Wade would have 2 fmvps.

It's dishonest for you to act like winning 2 rings in 4 years is some failure and its disingenuous to act like Wade was in his prime those years. You may not realize this but Wade's best years were not during the big 3 era, only 2011 was a prime year.

College superstar

dirk...without question

wade:
    - a mediocre closer, and awful at last-second shots
    - he's efficient, but one of the worst when it comes to points per possession.
    - average facilitator despite having the ball in hands ad nauseum
    - average defender when he plays the passing lanes.
    - overrated impact player when there isn't another player with equal and/or better impact on his team.
    - dirty player and relies heavily on free throws
    - had seasons where he was an abysmal leader - we're seeing it this season
    - responsible for winning a ring, but he had a lot of help from the refs

wade is actually one of the most overrated players of all time, tbh. guy is leading the heat OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS despite coming off a finals appearance last year.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

difficult to answer,they play different possesion
    but if i have to pick a player ,i would prefer dirk

for a team that need a scorer and his center is good defender i will pick dirk
    for a good team that i need a player for defence and offence i pick wade

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    wade. the fact is that 2011 heat would have most probably won the 2011 finals if Lebron hadn't shit the bed.
    wade has better peak, better play making and better defense on his side while dirk only has better longevity on his side.

Fixed that for you.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    In a embarrassingly weak Eastern Conference he should have been able to get more than 40 wins a season.

Dirk is a better scorer.
    50/40/90
    Unstoppable Fadeaway
    Stretch PF
    One Legged Shots
    Greatest Pick and Pop Big Man
    FT Machine

The fact that Wade never developed a long ranged shot sets the difference between their during arsenal.

It's like you've never watched prime Dirk
    Its obvious that we never watched prime Dirk? It's obvious you didn't watch prime Wade. All you do is look at win totals the years he didn't have Lebron or Shaq. Do you even have the slightest clue as to how bad Wade's cast was in 09 & 2010? His best players were Beasley and an old Jermaine Oneal. If anything its impressive for him to get 46-47 wins in 2010 with that putrid cast.

It's disingenuous for you to look just at team record to evaluate an individual while ignoring statistical production and context. And then you ignore playoff performances entirely. Your criteria for evaluating players is arbitrary and shows a complete lack of knowledge. Stop embarassing yo

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

Says a lot about Lebron, too, then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    dirk...without question

wade:
    - overrated impact player when there isn't another player with equal and/or better impact on his team.

wade is actually one of the most overrated players of all time, tbh. guy is leading the heat OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS despite coming off a finals appearance last year.

You literally just described LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

You literally just described LeBron.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    dirk...without question

wade:

Thanks for the unbiased opinion. You clearly hold no grudges, much like the rest of the Lebron fans on here.