Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    National High School Star

Default Re: When will Wiggins start playing and producing like a superstar?

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    16/4/1 43.6% 32 3P% 13.5 PER

Solid numbers till you realize realize he's playing #1 option minutes (top 10 in league) and gets #1 option opportunities.
    He isn't though...?????????????

Yes, he is playing #1 option MINUTES, but what does that even matter? You realise that he is probably out there all those minutes because of a number of OTHER things... He is not their #1 option, I think the dude averages 13 attempts? Kevin Martin gets 16 attempts and he was injured. So what are you even on about?

Martin's minutes are 33 and Wiggins' are 35, clearly, he is NOT the first option.

And these people talking about Kobe, hilarious. It doesn't honestly take a lot of effort to look something up...

In the season in which Kobe got "starter" minutes, his 3rd season btw, he played 50 games out of 50. He averaged:

37.9MPG, 46.5FG%, 26.7 3P%, 19.9PPG, 6.3RPG and 5AST on 15.6 attempts.

This is when Kobe was 20. But in his 3rd season. Kobe got more attempts than Wiggins as the 2nd option than Wiggins has got as the so-called "1st option". People need to look stuff up before they spout crap.

I always say with these raw kids, that they need an off-season to work on stuff.

I feel that Wiggins will be better than Paul George, he's an all-star, he is a franchise face, it took him 3/4 seasons to get it together and no-one really batted an eyelid. Yes, I realise you are bagging on him because he was the #1 pick, but he would not have been if Embiid was not injured. He could have easily gone 3rd and people would be saying what a good choice he was and could turn out to be the best of them all in a couple of seasons.
    Last edited by Sportal; 03-28-2015 at 08:04 PM.

NBA Superstar

Wait, is OP expecting a rookie to produce like a superstar?

Watching Wiggins despite his overall rawness, I see a guy who is actually far more polished than your average NBA rookie in terms of very important skills that actually matter like the post game, the footwork and the ability to draw contact. Watch his last game against a big, athletic defender like Ariza. He did whatever he wanted to in the post, and that's as a 20 year old rookie. Imagine him 3-4 years down the line when he gains strength and his midrange game is much more accurate. He's the closest thing I think we've gotten to a young Kobe, who showed the same potential even during his rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I don't quite see the SUDDEN explosion off the ground from him as I do with a Westbrook. It doesn't come with the same explosion. Again, I love the guy and he just turned 20 so he does have the chance to improve on his plyometrics and might be more explosive. We'll have to see.
    Yeah but not being as explosive as Westbrook/Lavine isn't the cutoff for not being athletic. Wiggins is very athletic, but he's not quite at the level of Westbrook or young LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Wiggins isn't even the most athletic player on his own team. Lavine is. And everyone knows this, including Wiggins. There are levels to athleticism. Lavine just possesses that extra gear that only a few ever possess. That off the charts athleticism that makes you saw "wow". His moves are quicker, faster and more explosive, even at the NBA level.
    Lavine isn't close. Lavine just has an insanely high vert and a quick step. He can't take any contact with any defender right now due to how weak he is. Wiggins has him in everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Watching Wiggins despite his overall rawness, I see a guy who is actually far more polished than your average NBA rookie in terms of very important skills that actually matter like the post game, the footwork and the ability to draw contact.
    Yes he is surprisingly fundamentally sound, the rest will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Yeah but not being as explosive as Westbrook/Lavine isn't the cutoff for not being athletic. Wiggins is very athletic, but he's not quite at the level of Westbrook or young LeBron.
    And if you will read this thread, you will see that I mirror you thoughts.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    16/4/1 43.6% 32 3P% 13.5 PER

Solid numbers till you realize realize he's playing #1 option minutes (top 10 in league) and gets #1 option opportunities.

Based on my research there has never been a player who has made the jump with such mediocre production in a large seasonal package.

Bettter yet, that type of production is relegated for supporting cast guy who is forced to play a #1 option role.

Again... will he become exponentially more efficient? If so, he can make the leap. But unlike Durant, who had average shooting %s as a rookie, Wiggins was an average shooter in college as well.

Where's the foundation to surmise he can become an elite shooter to make up for the other holes in his game?
    When are you gonna start charging Wiggins rent?

1st option? Since the Wolves put Kevin Martin on ice last week Wiggins has put up 22, 27 and 31 in his last three shooting above 50%!with nice rebounding and better assists than he's done all year.

Not aure where the hate comes from (minus the OP of course he is the preeminent tard of ISH) but the kid has improved noticably this season.

His first season has been more impressive than Kobe, TMac or PG's first TWO seasons and he has shown unstoppable moves, great footwork shooting and defense.

We should be excited about the future, not dragging this kid unfairly through the mud with retarded 'observations' because your team traded him stupidly and hastily.