Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Monta Ellis has been hot garbage...

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    end thread

So the only guard who has scored more than 20 ppg on 53% FG is Jordan and Monta Ellis. Yes you have ended the thread. Thank you very much fuccboi
    Last edited by warriorfan; 03-25-2015 at 01:55 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Rolando Blackman did it as well. Paul Westphal did it too. It's a pretty good feat, but not entirely exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Rolando Blackman did it as well. Paul Westphal did it too. It's a pretty good feat, but not entirely exclusive.

you wanna post the years that those cats pulled that off? please do and help me /endthread

hahaha fuccing snitch ass mother fuccers keep rat poisoning yourselves I'm lovin' it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    If you watched that game you saw Rondo didnt even hog the ball. Ellis just went into Game 7 Kobe mode.
    No, Ellis wasn't holding the ball at all. He was basically relegated to catch and shoot status. he needs to be running the high pick and roll with Dirk, not spotting up like Kyle Korver.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Make me eat my words, little boy.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    He's not tired at all. Rondo's ball dominance has taken Monta out of his game, stripped him of his confidence, and has taken him out of his spots.

It's essentially what the Suns did with Bledsoe and Dragic this season.

The Mavs barely run the high pick and roll with Dirk and Monta now, and that was their most lethal weapon.

I think people who actually understand the Mavs and basketball should be allowed to comment on Monta.
    Really, so why are you talking? Monta has a history of fading out and playing less than he can at points in the season. Why don't you know that? He obviously lost his bounce and leg strength there for a minute. His three point shooting went south a few weeks before Rondo came. His totally erratic play, a good month and a half before Rondo came. What excuse are you going to give now? He knew Rondo was coming? Do you watch the games?

This oversimplifying and blaming everything on Rondo is also very unbecoming. Nearly every team that did the change of the point guard (Dallas, Pheonix, Detroit, Bucks) is going thru a process with their team. Of course you can scapegoat it and blame everything on Rondo, even a month before he came. But of course that would imply you know the game, you know Dallas, and that you know Monta.

Maybe next year you can catch up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Really, so why are you talking? Monta has a history of fading out and playing less than he can at points in the season. Why don't you know that? He obviously lost his bounce and leg strength there for a minute. His three point shooting went south a few weeks before Rondo came. His totally erratic play, a good month and a half before Rondo came. What excuse are you going to give now? He knew Rondo was coming? Do you watch the games?

This oversimplifying and blaming everything on Rondo is also very unbecoming. Nearly every team that did the change of the point guard (Dallas, Pheonix, Detroit, Bucks) is going thru a process with their team. Of course you can scapegoat it and blame everything on Rondo, even a month before he came. But of course that would imply you know the game, you know Dallas, and that you know Monta.

Maybe next year you can catch up.
    While I completely agree that Rondo gets too much blame and that Ellis has been playing poorly and he needs to own that...

What are you talking about? Erratic play for 6 weeks before Rondo? Dude...6 weeks before Rondo was essentially the beginning of the season. Rondo came on in like mid December iirc.

I think Ellis was a 53% TS player pre Rondo and a 48% TS player post Rondo...saw that posted last week so don't quote me on the exact numbers.

But the point is just...no...Ellis was not playing poorly for the 6 weeks prior to Rondo.

You just can't string together a thought that isn't bat shit crazy. As usual you are dead ****ing wrong.

Banned

Monta was pretty good today :)

These were young Monta's role models.

Ellis is a stud. So underrated.

I know he has been playing poorly as of late but so what? Lillard was just as bad for just as long. He has been a beast for Dallas for a year and a half.. a month of him struggling adjusting to a new play style is no big deal.

Dude is the engine for Dallas. Flat out baller.

Side note.. from twitter.. he is averaging 34ppg on 60% shooting in 3 games against the spurs. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Ellis is a stud. So underrated.

I know he has been playing poorly as of late but so what? Lillard was just as bad for just as long. He has been a beast for Dallas for a year and a half.. a month of him struggling adjusting to a new play style is no big deal.

Dude is the engine for Dallas. Flat out baller.

U should change your Avatar / picture to a cone piece with chopped up weed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    So the only guard who has scored more than 20 ppg on 53% TS is Jordan and Monta Ellis. Yes you have ended the thread. Thank you very much fuccboi
    Wrong. And TS%?

And what's so special about doing that shit in the regular season, especially for Monta?

Rolando Blackman and Paul Westphal also did that, I guess they are also elite.

Blackman averaged 22.4 ppg on 54,6% FG, Paul Westphal 24 ppg on 53,5% shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Wrong. And TS%?

And what's so special about doing that shit in the regular season, especially for Monta?

Rolando Blackman and Paul Westphal also did that, I guess they are also elite.

Blackman averaged 22.4 ppg on 54,6% FG, Paul Westphal 24 ppg on 53,5% shooting

Typo, I meant to say FG%

Rolando Blackman did it in 1983, Paul Westphal did it in 1979..... Wonder why no one did it in 24 years after Blackman achieved it? Because it's extremely rare. Monta's mid range game was straight deadly, it's not his fault that coaches and organizations always tried to force him into a role that was too large for him.

http://www.mavs.com/videos/postgame-monta-ellis-40/

"next question" boss

he said that to tim mcmahon, the espn dallas reporter. He just wrote a bashful Ellis article after his 4-22 game and monta just ignored his ass.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    http://www.mavs.com/videos/postgame-monta-ellis-40/

"next question" boss

he said that to tim mcmahon, the espn dallas reporter. He just wrote a bashful Ellis article after his 4-22 game and monta just ignored his ass.
    BOSS