Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The 1963 NBA Finals G6 that is always replayed on NBAtv and YouTube:

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Are your Youtube player-by-player highlights from that game only at 88% of normal speed? Is this the case with more 60's games, as well? Their speed looked normal to me in the first place, but now that I review one of these videos, I try to judge from the speed of the ball and I'm less sure.
    I can't say for other games, but yes for the '63 highlights I just made. I'm re-doing all of them now. So irritating when I find out stuff like this, it puts all my highlight videos in the past that used the footage in question on a list of things I need to "re-do".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: The 1963 NBA Finals G6 that is always replayed on NBAtv and YouTube:

wilt's real estate is already neg repping me....true sign of butthurt and insecurity

When the shot clocks in the game tick down by actual seconds, this is what the game film looks like:

(Jerry West's highlights)
    http://youtu.be/Au97wtzGDZQ

Still not sure, though. How about the commentator's voice? Is this his normal pitch?

Still not sure, though. How about the commentator's voice? Is this his normal pitch?
    Old era stan aka OP?

Commentator's voice sounds normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Old era stan aka OP?

Commentator's voice sounds normal.
    It doesn't to me. What's funny is that by claiming it sounds normal, it's you the one that sounds like the "old era stan".

It doesn't to me. What's funny is that by claiming it sounds normal, it's you the one that sounds like the "old era stan".
    Video and voice sound sped up... (and no, not to "normal" speed).

I couldn't tell you honestly, all I can tell you is that the shot clocks now tick down at a second by second rate. If I do not alter the footage, they tick down at about 90% to 92% too slowly. It's difficult to pinpoint, there are several points in the game where the shotclocks are clearly in view, one play in the first half came to about a 10% difference, one play in the second half came to about a 12% difference.

Either the arena shot clocks are too slow, or the footage is too slow.

People have commented in the past that the players look "slow" in this specific game. I had always just assumed old b/w footage wasn't capturing motion well because I agree, that game has some really slow looking shots/sequences.

Shall I create a video to demonstrate the slow shot clocks?
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 03-21-2015 at 09:38 PM.

I'm going to keep my originals up, there's another point in the game where the shot clocks do appear to tick down at normal speed so maybe everything was okay as was. Or maybe the footage plays back inconsistent. Either way I think I'll just keep the original playback highlights up.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I couldn't tell you honestly, all I can tell you is that the shot clocks now tick down at a second by second rate. If I do not alter the footage, they tick down at about 90% to 92% too slowly. It's difficult to pinpoint, there are several points in the game where the shotclocks are clearly in view, one play in the first half came to about a 10% difference, one play in the second half came to about a 12% difference.

Either the arena shot clocks are too slow, or the footage is too slow.

People have commented in the past that the players look "slow" in this specific game. I had always just assumed old b/w footage wasn't capturing motion well because I agree, that game has some really slow looking shots/sequences.

Shall I create a video to demonstrate the slow shot clocks?
    Well, I think it will help us confirm the validity of the video.

Edit: Now I saw your other post.
    Last edited by Psileas; 03-21-2015 at 09:54 PM.