Good High School Starter

Default How many of the current knicks playing would start for Kentucky?

Kentucky Starting Five:

Pg: Andrew Harrison
    Sg: Aaron Harrison
    sf: Trey Lyles
    Pf: Karl Anthony-Towns
    C: Willie Cauley-Stein

Current Knicks Active:

PG: Galloway/Larkin
    Sg: Schved/ Hardaway Jr.
    sf: Thomas/ Early
    pf: Amundson/ Wear
    C: Bargnani/ Smith

Or Assume the opposite, if any of the starting five from kentucky were to be drafted to the knicks, which one of them would start the first game of the regular season with this active roster

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: How many of the current knicks playing would start for Kentucky?

Cleanthony Early and shane Larkin for sure

Come on. Andrea Bargniani, as soft as he is, would absolutely crush college students. Dude would look like Shaq out there.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Come on. Andrea Bargniani, as soft as he is, would absolutely crush college students. Dude would look like Shaq out there.
    Shooting jumpers?

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Shooting jumpers?
    He wouldn't need to. NBA has big bodies that get him timid, scared to drive and post. NCAA he'd plow over these skinny scrubs.

Decent playground baller John Tesh's Avatar

I don't know the Kentucky starters well enough to say who, but a majority of the Knicks would be playing for that team.

The guards, and Early only because Kentucky doesn't have a real SF (they play Lyles at the 3 mostly). Early had a hell of a game against UK last year, he played out of his mind in one of the greatest games I've ever seen. That being said, he was pretty low on draft boards until the UK game. But, that was a much softer version of the twins and before WCS was a nationally known commodity. I've got a feeling if you took Early now and put him back on Wichita State, and they played Kentucky, he's not dropping 30.

Karl Towns and Willie Stein would destroy the Knicks post players. Talk about how cool or good or manly they are, but if WCS was guarding Bargs in a 5 on 5 game, I would almost bet he doesn't score.

And I don't even remember who the PF is from the OP, so I'd take Towns over that guy.
    Last edited by UK2K; 03-20-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Andrea Bargnani
    7'0 245
    ^^^ Shaq? ^^^

Karl Anthony Towns
    7'0 250

Willie Cauley-Stein
    7'0 245

All of them.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Hardaway Jr. is better than any Kentucky guard. Not sure about the rest because I just don't watch the Knicks but if they're in the NBA they should probably be on par with the Harrison twins, though the Harrison twins could have been pros had they wanted to.

There's really just one Knick that I'm going to reject outright because him I do know about:
    He wouldn't need to. NBA has big bodies that get him timid, scared to drive and post. NCAA he'd plow over these skinny scrubs.
    The funny part of this comment is that Kentucky has 4 players 6'10 or bigger, 3 of whom are 240+ and two of whom outweigh Bargnani's listed 245. And Bargnani's 245 is a flabby 245, which along with his generally soft nature the reason why we never see him outmuscle anyone. Because of his experience and unconventional game (alleged big man that plays like a two guard) he might be able to confuse the Kentucky's bigs if they had to guard him but it's worth noting that Willie Cauley-Stein has successfully guarded pgs.

Now Kentucky's calling card is their defense. Stein could become a DPoY candidate in the NBA one day and is at the core of Kentucky's defensive prowess. Karl-Anthony Towns, the other starting big is not the defender WCS is but he's still a good defender and is looking to be a top 3 pick on the strength of his offensive potential. And as focused as Calipari is on defense I have a hard time believing he'd be happy with Barg's exceptionally lame effort. As Kentucky doesn't need the offensive edge he would have over Stein enough to justify what they'd lose in defense and rebounding I don't see Bargnani starting for Kentucky.