Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Marc Cuban Failed

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    They could have spent the money they used to get Parsons so much better. I don't like Morey but maybe he was living rent free in Cuban's head a bit, causing Cuban to way overpay for Parsons thinking that he "stole" him from the Rockets.

Should have went after Ariza for 8M a year... give him like two years and a player option for the 3rd... Then would of had 7M left to get better depth for the team.
    I was saying this at the time.

I wanted Ariza and I. Thomas...and we would have had enough to bring back Blair as well.

Our team would just be crazy good with that. We wouldn't have made the Rondo trade....and we could have moved Wright/Crowder/Filler and a first rounder for something legit.

It was a huge mistake to pay Parsons that much and we are paying for that mistake right now. It was obvious.

Like I said before...I see why he did it, but it was stupid.

God...Ariza and Thomas on this team would be so sick.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Pre-Rondo this team was looking great. They just brought in the wrong PG. Simple as that.
    No doubt Rondo hasn't been good.

But we weren't great before Rondo. I've detailed this in other threads.

We played a joke schedule before Rondo. We beat like 4 good teams in our first 27 games when we had the 19-8 record. It was absurdly inflated.

Honestly all that has really changed is that we have been playing much better teams since that trade...and we dealt with some injuries.

This team was doomed to fail, in my opinion, with that Parsons signing. Just didn't make sense to me.

I still hold out hope that we figure something out because if they did...this team definitely has a much higher ceiling than it did before the Rondo trade.

Aminu has been fantastic and I'd still rather have a combo of Rondo/Amare over Jameer/Wright for a playoff series and it isn't remotely close.

Mavs had the #1 offense when they were emphasizing ball movement and spacing. Then they went and traded for a ball-dominant PG who can't shoot... there goes your ball movement and spacing.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Mavs had the #1 offense when they were emphasizing ball movement and spacing. Then they went and traded for a ball-dominant PG who can't shoot... there goes your ball movement and spacing.
    this

Decent college freshman

But have an awful defense.
    The should have trade for help defensively without hurting the offense that much.

Thank goodness Amare has been good because their bench was tragically bad.

Rondo needs to run the team himself to have success. There's NO chance he gets better playing 20 minutes a game doing nothing.

It doesn't matter because Ellis and Rondo don't complement each other at all. Ellis shoots an awful 33% on catch-and-shoot on 2.6 FGA per game. Not to mention Rondo is in need of a sports psychologist for his free throws.

They seem f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cked to me. They were better off with Jameer, Crowder, and Wright. Before Rondo, their bench was a bigger weakness than a PG since they have Monta Ellis.

That rondo trade

Like I've been saying, barely any of these moves seem like Carlisle moves and now it's backfired.

It was pretty obvious that Rondo wasn't elite anymore. Shit, he hasn't even been good in Dallas. He's literally a low-end role player who thinks he's a star. Parsons is not a great player either, and they overpaid him, but the move at least made sense.

Dirk doesn't look right either. He's moving slower than ever and his shots are short. If he's not the Dirk of the 2014 Regular Season (can't emphasize that enough, he was contained by Splitter in the Playoffs), the Mavs don't have a shot. And the more bench time Carlisle can find for Rondo the better.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 03-11-2015 at 07:03 AM.

I like Cuban, he's not afraid to give it a go

Amare was a good signing.. Rondo in hindsight was pretty bad, they need more of a playmaker.. Still a slight hope playoff beast rondo makes a comeback..

I think dirk is gassed might need a rest

Better hope rick can carry this team like he did last year and in 2011

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

To me they are a team that's built on the fact they are going to outscore you and when they traded for Rondo they basically took that completely away. Now they are neither a great offensive or defensive team and while they weren't going to do major damage in the playoffs they are far worse of now than they would have been with Jameer/Crowder/Wright.

Crazy Rondo leaves Boston gets better and the Mavericks get worse.

And I can't believe how Dallas sold Wright down the river like that.

Dude only played 27 games for them and he's still #6 in Win Shares. He was having one of the great bigman role player seasons in a long, long time.

And they traded it for Rondo's .434 TS%, black-hole stat-padding ass.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    To me they are a team that's built on the fact they are going to outscore you and when they traded for Rondo they basically took that completely away. Now they are neither a great offensive or defensive team and while they weren't going to do major damage in the playoffs they are far worse of now than they would have been with Jameer/Crowder/Wright.

Crazy Rondo leaves Boston gets better and the Mavericks get worse.
    [LIST][*]Rondo was playing awful defense, and his offense was mediocre.[*]Marcus Smart has played elite defense and is learning how to play PG.[*]Avery Bradley has been unleashed since Rondo and Green left town. [*]Crowder has been awesome. [*]Our on-the-court chemistry has improved since the trades.[*]Isaiah Thomas is a beast and underrated.[*]Small ball has been really effective.[*]Our roster fits Brad Stevens's system much better.[/LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    And I can't believe how Dallas sold Wright down the river like that.

Dude only played 27 games for them and he's still #6 in Win Shares. He was having one of the great bigman role player seasons in a long, long time.

And they traded it for Rondo's .434 TS%, black-hole stat-padding ass.
    Because you clearly don't know much about our team.

We played the softest schedule in the league and Wright is the epitome of a regular season player. There is a reason he couldn't get minutes in the playoffs last year.

Also, he's a free agent and he would have commanded a number we couldn't afford.

Why keep him? He won't help you win in the playoffs and he's not going to remain with the team.

It was a no brainer to trade him.

I agree that it looks like we made the wrong trade, but there simply aren't many good defensive/rebounding guards out there to be had...and that is what this team desperately needed.

I was hoping we had gone after Avery Bradley and not Rondo actually.

But if you knew Wright or this Mavs team at all...you'd understand just how stupid it would have been to keep Wright this year.

Jesus.

It was fools gold. It was a hot 27 games while playing the easiest schedule in the league.

During that time we lost to pretty much every good or better team we played. We played like 17 average to poor teams in that stretch before the trade and went 14-3 in those games...and then went 4-8 against the good teams.

There was more to the trade than just getting better. Wright is vastly over-rated and wouldn't have helped much in the playoffs and in order to compete in the playoffs we had to add a guard that could at least do something to slow down the likes of Curry, Parker, Paul, WB, Lillard, Conley...etc. Jameer was not that guy.

Obviously Rondo has been a shit fit and he's played horrible, but like I said at the time. What is the downside? We don't win the title and lose early in the playoffs? LOL...that was a lock before the trade if you knew this team

This is why it's so important to actually know a team or do some research.

So sick of everyone propping a 27 game stretch against scrub East teams and the easy West teams like it means a lot.