Top 1 Bball Mind.

Exclamation How much of a factor has revenue sharing been to the rise of tanking?

I'm not 100% sure how the NBA goes about it's revenue sharing but the basic premise, if i'm not mistaken, is that the big market/high earning teams (Knicks, Lakers, Bulls etc...) subsidize the shittier/small market teams....I'm pretty sure this is fairly new for the NBA and, maybe it's just me, but it feels like there has been a rise in the amount of teams blatantly tanking.

So my question is basically this: How much has this revenue sharing, which takes away the incentive for teams to actually try to be good (ie put people in seats) by subsidizing their financial losses, contributed to the rise of tanking. Also, do you support revenue sharing?

Default Re: How much of a factor has revenue sharing been to the rise of tanking?

I dont support it at all, fu*k teams like the 76ers..

The Lakers are in a similar situation tanking this year yet they will try to keep there top 5 pick and get back to winning ASAP, the 76ers on the other hand just keep tanking and swapping there players for picks..

They are blatant about it so they should get no revenue money in my opinion.

NBA Legend

Default Re: How much of a factor has revenue sharing been to the rise of tanking?

I dont really oppose or support revenue sharing, the league belongs to its owner and they can do as they wish.

However its obvious that the league is watered down with teams, and nobody cares if half of them suck because the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, even the Clippers now and the Mavs and Warriors make a killing every time they play a patsy, so might as well keep the patsies around, keep playing 82 game$, and take the fans for all theyre worth since they have no sense of consumer initiative to demand a better product.

My attention to the NBA has begun to wane, especially this year, altho I'm trying not to let it. But the constant bombardment of marketing gimmicks, the retarded fans always repeating the retarded cliches from retarded ESPN talking heads, the hyping up of players like Melo and Harden and guys who only seem to want to chuck shots and otherwise dont give a fukc (I know Harden is putting in more effort now but he was a 'star' even when he refused to play defense ir show any intensity or emotional pulse at all).

To be honest, the league has really started to target itself toward a psychograph I dont really belong to these days. Its kinda become meh for me. We'll see.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 03-10-2015 at 02:24 AM.