Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Lakers next season is as bright as the sun!

Delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Rondo/Clarkson
    Kobe/Swaggy
    Jimmy Butler/Wesley
    Greg Monroe/Randle
    Hill/ Top 5 pick

Let's be a little real here.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    The only realistic player is Rondo. I say pass. I don't wanna gut the cap for him, not worth it. Do you guys think he'll land a max deal?
    It depends on who the Lakers draft but I'll pass on Rondo too. I rather see how Clarkson progress because he has the physical tools to take his game to another level than wasting the cap for Rondo.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Rondo/Clarkson
    Kobe/Swaggy
    Jimmy Butler/Wesley
    Greg Monroe/Randle
    Hill/ Top 5 pick

Lakers will decline Hill option. It depends who we draft but I rather get someone like Asik to anchor the team defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Sixty.
    Games.

And he isn't definitively better than Smart or Payton anyway.
    He really is though...have you watched any recent Laker games? How about Celtic games, tf has Marcus Smart done up till now to be better than Clarkson? Clarkson is a better passer, dribbler and shooter. Even if you're just looking at stats, have you seen Smart's shooting percentage? 35%. ****ing horrible. And he's shooting 66% from the free throw line, soo much better than Clarkson At least Smart's ft % is not as bad as Payton's, who is shooting 54% from the ft line 2.5 turnovers a game in 25 mpg isn't helping your claim of Payton being a better pg, either. Clarkson has better numbers while playing 10 minutes less a game.

And whats the deal with you emphasizing that it has "only" been 60 games? As if that isn't enough to justify one player being better than the other, none of em have suffered an injury, have they?

To the OP: I'd be the happiest guy on earth if we got Jimmy, but pleeeaassee keep Rondo away. He has regressed quite a bit since the Celtics championship days.
    Last edited by Bosnian Sajo; 03-09-2015 at 02:55 PM.

If a team offers Jimmy Butler a poison pill contract the Bulls won't match. It'll be 18 million a year for the first two years of a four year contract, and then 9 per after. Would be a perfect fit for the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    If a team offers Jimmy Butler a poison pill contract the Bulls won't match. It'll be 18 million a year for the first two years of a four year contract, and then 9 per after. Would be a perfect fit for the Lakers
    Completely forgot that you can offer contracts like that, and it wouldn't even be bad for the Lakers considering Kobe's 24 mil will come off the books after Jimmy's first season.

Lakers better not try and offer big money to Rondo. He's just not worth it. Can't make a shot to save his life and he doesn't really make anyone else better. He plays good D and can pass the rock but that's it. If you don't surround him with off the ball players he's useless.

cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Lakers better not try and offer big money to Rondo. He's just not worth it. Can't make a shot to save his life and he doesn't really make anyone else better. He plays good D and can pass the rock but that's it. If you don't surround him with off the ball players he's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Sixty.
    Games.

And he isn't definitively better than Smart or Payton anyway.
    You can make a case for Payton due to his superior rebounding and playmaking ability, but Smart has just been awful, dude's shooting under 36% for the year and since his return as a starter has been shooting 33% and 26% from 3 with 5 attempts a game

Clarkson is the most consistent rookie PG in terms of production on offense.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    I don't think a poison pill contract would be above the max contract value for that season, right? I think the max for Jimmy next year is at like $16.875M, assuming a salary cap of $67.5M. So Bulls won't lose Jimmy over having to paying $1.125M extra in first 2 years of contract anyway, even if that's allowed. They basically have to match anything since they won't have the means to replace his production. I think they're prepared to match a full max, which would be cheaper than if they gave him a 4 year max themselves (lower annual raises).

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I don't think a poison pill contract would be above the max contract value for that season, right? I think the max for Jimmy next year is at like $16.875M, assuming a salary cap of $67.5M. So Bulls won't lose Jimmy over having to paying $1.125M extra in first 2 years of contract anyway, even if that's allowed. They basically have to match anything since they won't have the means to replace his production. I think they're prepared to match a full max, which would be cheaper than if they gave him a 4 year max themselves (lower annual raises).
    It all depends on how the Playoffs go and how Rose recovers because they might have to blow the whole thing up if Derrick injures himself again and Thibs wants out and the locker room is in turmoil , they aren't going to pay luxury tax to be medicore. Might as well blow it all up and tank.

But I wouldn't want Butler for the max anyways. I'd have Draymond Green if we had the possibility to sign him.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 03-09-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    Laker fans miss this don't you?
    what? 2008-2010?? wtf has this forum gone to