Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How dominant would Mj be in todays league

42 /7/7

In this buttery soft league??

Easy.

The rules today are catered for the athletic, wing player to flourish. I think MJ's numbers would take a slight boost all around because of that. But not the crazy numbers some people are claiming.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    No he isn't. If the defense starts sagging in the middle and playing a zone, he isn't going to light you up and make you pay from the 3 point line the way Durant is. Zone makes it harder for superstars to drive and have an impact on the game. Durant scores so well due to the fact he has Westbrook driving in, and allowing him to become a catch and shoot player a lot of the time. He can mix and match depending on what the defense gives him.

Yeah, Jordan averaged 37ppg on a team that had a losing record. Are you saying he wouldn't be good enough to lead a team to a decent record in today's era? Jordan isn't sniffing 37ppg in today's basketball. Maybe back in 04-07, but now with more teams using zone as a staple, even if he did do it, it'd be on low % numbers.

Who's a better scorer than Michael Jordan?

Probably something along the lines of a poor man's Tony Allen.

28/6/6 on 47%

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    28/6/6 on 47%
    Lol. He would do worse in an era where all the rules are catered to his type of play? Yeah ok Lebron fan.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

So MJ is averaging 40ppg in todays league when no one is averaging over 28ppg?

This year, he probably averages 29-30ppg on 48-52% shooting, with 6 rebounds and assists.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I would think mj would be more than just a tad better scorer than Westbrook or harden.

stupid thread. mj would've been dominate in any era. he's that good

Do some of you realize that MJ owns the highest ppg average in history for both regular season (30 ppg) and playoffs (33 ppg)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Who's a better scorer than Michael Jordan?
    Kevin Durant putting up 32ppg that year was a better scorer than 2nd year Michael putting up 37ppg.

้้้&

im a big mj fan but honestly he would not be that good this is were nostalgia blinds old fans

maybe a serviceable 6th man today due to his hustle if he condition his self better

he must develop a jumper an improve his shaky handle esp his left hand

in his day most players just wrestle the ball inside with one hand crude bully ball which dont cut it today

refs call games better now he wouldnt get away with nothin today

xs and 0s game is too sophisticated today too many metrics an schemes that exposes him

players watch tape now everyone knows how he played unlike his day when it was new and revolutioneray

not to mention hes malnourished and skinny compared to todays horses just look

westbrook

mj would be recked if he tried to play that hero ball shit today with that weak body

ray allen is twice as ripped as he is an look at ray

all he is is a spot up shooter which mj cant even do so

bench player a good hustle guy that cant shoot or handle and would get in foul trouble maybe a nice piece in the right system
    Last edited by King Jane; 03-08-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I would think mj would be more than just a tad better scorer than Westbrook or harden.
    30ppg compared to 27ppg is a huge gap. Massive.

So yes, I do think he is a tad better scorer than both of them.

No he isn't. If the defense starts sagging in the middle and playing a zone, he isn't going to light you up and make you pay from the 3 point line the way Durant is. Zone makes it harder for superstars to drive and have an impact on the game. Durant scores so well due to the fact he has Westbrook driving in, and allowing him to become a catch and shoot player a lot of the time. He can mix and match depending on what the defense gives him.

Yeah, Jordan averaged 37ppg on a team that had a losing record. Are you saying he wouldn't be good enough to lead a team to a decent record in today's era? Jordan isn't sniffing 37ppg in today's basketball. Maybe back in 04-07, but now with more teams using zone as a staple, even if he did do it, it'd be on low % numbers.
    you have the learning capability of a chipmunk.

1st, There is no time machines, if Jordan played today he would be a different player in a different league, hence a better 3pt shooter.

2nd, this had been debated before, proved with numbers, when you came up with that Mcgrady, Duncan garnett interview, tell me ONE superstar that had worse numbers when zone became legal, please, McGrady Duncan and Garnett all had better numbers after zone became legal.

You are a blithering idiot. Zone doesn't stop ****ing James Harden but it would stop Jordan

Jordan would rape in todays open lane, no rim protection league.

Quote Originally Posted by King Jane
    This retard

And yet it's white unathletic skinny players that are breaking scoring records.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    you have the learning capability of a chipmunk.

1st, There is no time machines, if Jordan played today he would be a different player in a different league, hence a better 3pt shooter.

2nd, this had been debated before, proved with numbers, when you came up with that Mcgrady, Duncan garnett interview, tell me ONE superstar that had worse numbers when zone became legal, please, McGrady Duncan and Garnett all had better numbers after zone became legal.

You are a blithering idiot. Zone doesn't stop ****ing James Harden but it would stop Jordan

Jordan would rape in todays open lane, no rim protection league.
    I said he'd be the best player and put up 30/6/6 today. I must have missed the part where I said he'd suck.

Idiot.