Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dallas Mavs first round exit. Since the acquision of Rondo , this team Sucks!!!

As soon as the trade went down I said it was a horrible move.

Of course genius boy DMavs thought Rondo would be the savior somehow...

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Dallas Mavs first round exit. Since the acquision of Rondo , this team Sucks!!!

I don't even think it's all about their best players (i think Monta and Dirk can light it up when needed). just feel like any team giving Richard Jefferson, Charlie V, Raymond Felton, and Amare consistent minutes is going to be weak. In their best season (11), Dirk and Chandler were younger, they had a lethal combination of offensive and defensive players, and had that hunger for a "first championship" which is hard to replicate years later. Even last season Vince Carter's clutchness and desire to win was well needed (but now absent). Jason Kidd's role on that champ team was invaluable - lead them in three's made (something Rondo isn't likely to do) shot well from the FT line and kept them honest in that respect. also lead the Mavs in steals and assists (150+ assists in 21 games). Rondo's positive impact and desire for a ring is more questionable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I don't even think it's all about their best players (i think Monta and Dirk can light it up when needed). just feel like any team giving Richard Jefferson, Charlie V, Raymond Felton, and Amare consistent minutes is going to be weak. In their best season (11), Dirk and Chandler were younger, they had a lethal combination of offensive and defensive players, and had that hunger for a "first championship" which is hard to replicate years later. Even last season Vince Carter's clutchness and desire to win was well needed (but now absent). Jason Kidd's role on that champ team was invaluable - lead them in three's made (something Rondo isn't likely to do) shot well from the FT line and kept them honest in that respect. also lead the Mavs in steals and assists (150+ assists in 21 games). Rondo's positive impact and desire for a ring is more questionable.
    This is pretty much spot on.

I will say that the emergence of Aminu as a real difference maker is a really nice spot for this team. Amare isn't great, but neither was Wright. Amare actually isn't much worse than Wright.

The reason the Mavs looked so good early was because they had the softest schedule in the league.

We beat like 1 good team for real. We beat the Spurs, but they didn't play anyone.

Rondo has been dreadful, but I actually don't think the trade "hurt" this team. I think they were going to go bad once the schedule got harder. Factor in the Parsons and Tyson injuries and I don't see how Jameer, Wright, and Crowder are doing any better than Rondo, Aminu, and Amare/Charlie V/Jefferson.

Simple fact is with or without the trade this team was over-rated early on this season based on a joke schedule.

The optimist in me holds out hope for Dirk/Ellis getting hot in a playoff series and Rondo stepping his game up.

lol the mavs were not gonna get anywhere before the rondo trade, this is one of those risks you gotta take.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    lol the mavs were not gonna get anywhere before the rondo trade, this is one of those risks you gotta take.
    I disagree. Rondo sucks post acl, they could have done better

This is why Rondo is never invited to Team USA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    I totally disagree. What Dallas needed was a steady hand who would distribute and get the hell out of Monta's way on offense. Instead they brought in a ball dominant player who can't shoot, literally the two worst qualities you want in the Mavs' starting PG with this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    I totally disagree. What Dallas needed was a steady hand who would distribute and get the hell out of Monta's way on offense. Instead they brought in a ball dominant player who can't shoot, literally the two worst qualities you want in the Mavs' starting PG with this roster.
    no, you want to put great shooters around rondo and lets him work, thats how the celtics worked. problem is rondo hasnt been playing up to par.

3-time NBA All-Star

rondos talents arent used tho. They should get rid of ellis imo. They paid parsons max so he should be the primary scorer and rondo needs the ball. If they could get rid of ellis and find a defender, they could become elite.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    rondos talents arent used tho. They should get rid of ellis imo. They paid parsons max so he should be the primary scorer and rondo needs the ball. If they could get rid of ellis and find a defender, they could become elite.

Rondo sucks. Pass first point guards dont win championships since Magic Johnson.

Also, Ellis >> Rondo

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by navy

Rondo sucks. Pass first point guards dont win championships since Magic Johnson.

Also, Ellis >> Rondo
    Rondo shouldve won in 2010 if not for the refs

3-time NBA All-Star

Dallas has too much redundancy. OKC is much better with durant alone instead of having redundant players in westbrook/harden same with houston wihout parsons/lin. But it seems like cuban is back to walker/jamison/nash mavs where they were going for names instead of fit.

Rondo shouldve won in 2010 if not for the refs
    Either way that version of Rondo is finished. He's garbage. Ellis >>>>

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Either way that version of Rondo is finished. He's garbage. Ellis >>>>
    gotten rid by GSW and now theyre contenders. No team is winning with ellis

gotten rid by GSW and now theyre contenders. No team is winning with ellis
    Stop it. Golden State didnt become contenders until they got a superstar in steph curry and 3 DPOY candiates on the same team. Also fired Mark Jackson and got Alvin Gentry.

You wont win with Ellis. You sure as hell wont win with cancer like Rondo.