Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Either Harden, Curry, or Westbrook is gonna join a list of absurdly good players....

...left off the all nba first team.

It doesnt really...matter....but you know one of them and their fans/teammates are gonna be pissed off.

Kobe in 01...Wade in 06...Paul in 09...a dozen great centers I wont count since they only have one spot per team....it happens. Im not calling the worst slight ever no matter who gets left out.

Being all nba first team gets listed in "legacy" talk that most people dont care about....but still. As a group of basketball obsessed eternally arguing maniacs im sure some of you feel me on this...

They might(note...might) be 1-2-3 in the MVP voting....but someone has to get left out.

And I dont know how they decide it if not by wins.

But if the Thunder dont miss the playoffs to give you the easy out while the Warriors win 60+ and the Rockets 55-60...I dont know how you leave Westbrook off.

But he still feels like the odd man out. They wont leave Curry off with 64ish wins. Or Harden if the Rockets keep winning with no Dwight and him hitting 6 absurd stepbacks a night.

Id say it will just motivate Russell but...you cant motivate Russell any more. Hes arguably on the Mt.Rushmore of relentless players ive watched with Iverson, Rodman, and Larry Bird(with a case to be made for a couple others..Isiah Thomas for one).

So it wont really...show in his play I dont think. But you know its gonna piss him off.

I just dont see how it doesnt go that way.

The Harden/Curry train has too much momentum doesnt it? KD comes back and starts dropping 45 point games in 30 minutes while Curry and Harden keep going all in and winning....the way its usually voted?

I dont see him getting first team. Though I wish he would.

I just...cant get behind James Harden.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Either Harden, Curry, or Westbrook is gonna join a list of absurdly good players....

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Either Harden, Curry, or Westbrook is gonna join a list of absurdly good players....

Yeah, and forwards will have a less deserving player on 1st team.

G: Curry, Harden, or Westbrook
    F: LeBron and ????
    C: Anthony Davis

if Westbrook wins MVP they're leaving off Curry. First team NBA isn't about how many wins your team gets.

NBA lottery pick

Curry
    Russ
    Lebron
    Anthony Davis
    Marc Gasol

Harden
    Cp3
    Pau
    Aldridge
    Jordan

Thompson
    Wall
    Blake Griffin
    Z Bo
    Cousins

HM: KD, Kobe, Lillard
    Last edited by christian1923; 03-05-2015 at 07:22 PM.

The most insane example in the modern era imo would be DRob in '94. Not debating whether or not he deserved it over Hakeem, but dude put up 30/11/5/2/3 on 51%, but even that wasn't good enough for a First Team All-NBA selection

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    The most insane example in the modern era imo would be DRob in '94. Not debating whether or not he deserved it over Hakeem, but dude put up 30/11/5/2/3 on 51%, but even that wasn't good enough for a First Team All-NBA selection
    As I said centers almost cant count. Hakeem in 190 for example:

I am going to give you a selection of Hakeems best games....not from his career. And not even from one season. But one month. March of 1990....

First let me say that the last day of the previous month?

37/25 and 5 blocks

And when march started....

March the first. 41/14/7 blocks and 4 assists vs the Suns. Next game he put up 29 points...18 rebounds....11 blocks...10 assists...and 5 steals. Next game was 37 and 14 with 4 blocks and 3 steals vs David robinson. Next game? Lakers got 27/14/8/4/3.

After that he "cooled off" a little bit with a stretch of...

30/8/5/3/1 14 of 19 shooting
    25/16 8 blocks and 3 steals.
    25 points 19 rebounds 6 assists 4 blocks and 3 steals
    17/22/8 blocks and 4 steals.
    19/12 6 blocks. His worst game of the month maybe.

That continues on for a while. 20/20 game in there. 27/18 game. You know.

And right after the 28/18 game came a game that many are aware of. His quadruple double. I already posted his quad double you say? Well....it seems I only posted one of them from that month. you see Hakeem was in retrospect either given a 10th assist in the game vs the warriors on march 3rd or denied the 10th he was given to begin with. The NBA doesnt consider it an "official" quadruple double since it took a review and is questionable. But they in fact list it in his game logs. go check. Any site featuring game logs from 1990 includes Hakeem getting 2 quadruple doubles in March.

But the thing is I cant find proof of if he was given 10 and the 10th was taken on later revierw or given 9 and the 10th was added on review. Ive read stories suggesting both. Not having seen the official record on paper for the night....I just call it a quadruple double because the records show it as one. But its not often acknowledged. But lets say he didnt...

He had 29/18/11/9/5 one game that month and the usually credited quad double with 18/16/11/10 latrer.

Anyway after a pedestrian 24/16/5/5/2 to end the month with an average of 26/15 and 6 blocks he goes into April where the highlights include games with 34/19 and 52/18 vs Mutombo. All part of a season where he averaged 24/14 with 5 blocks and 2 steals a game.

Which I guess would be more impressive if he didnt put up 25/14 with 3 steals and 3 blocks a game the season before that. Which was the season after he got knocked out of the playoffs despite a 49/25/7 block elimination game.

Not all nba first team.

The one spot really throws it off.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I agree that Westbrook is the easiest target here because of games missed and his team's record (of course their record is a result of him and KD missing games). Westbrook has been playing out of his mind and I'm not even a Westbrook fan but it's impossible to deny. His shot selection is awful and he doesn't share the ball enough but with the way he's playing right now I don't care. I don't care that he took 30 something shots to get 20 something points. The dude just never stops and he plays defense (not saying that the other two don't). I am not a Westbrook fan but I actually want him to get MVP this year. I like Steph more as a player but if I were a coach I would fear Westbrook more. I know that sounds lame and like something some moron on ESPN would say but right now it's true. While Harden has had a monster year I just don't like him. I never liked Westbrook but he's been undeniable. Harden has been great but that doesn't mean I have to like him. Ultimately I think that Harden will get MVP and he and Steph will be first team and Westbrook will be left off. That's not what I want but I'm a realist and I don't see anything other than that happening.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Curry
    Russ
    Lebron
    Anthony Davis
    Marc Gasol

Harden
    Cp3
    Pau
    Aldridge
    Jordan

Thompson
    Wall
    Blake Griffin
    Z Bo
    Cousins

HM: KD, Kobe, Lillard

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    Without him the Lakers would have been completely unwatchable for the whole season instead of half the season. He deserves a mention

Banned

I'd take the following for first team:

G: Stephen Curry
    G: Russell Westbrook
    F: LeBron James
    PF: Anthony Davis
    C: Marc Gasol/DeMarcus Cousins

Westbrook will probably be left off in favor of Harden/Curry but he deserves a spot over any other guard in the league imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    Yeah, and forwards will have a less deserving player on 1st team.

G: Curry, Harden, or Westbrook
    F: LeBron and ????
    C: Anthony Davis
    Davis is a power forward, Asik gets the start at center. As soon as he moves over to the PF it gets easier to make a more complete All-NBA team (Gasol/Cousins for C imo), Davis and LeBron are the only two forwards deserving of a first team nod.

Curry
    Westbrook
    Harden
    James
    Davis

Local High School Star

Has there ever been a MVP who didn't make 1st team all NBA?

I could see Westbrook winning MVP but not being on the list of 1st team all nba

Quote Originally Posted by You Cant Ban Me
    Has there ever been a MVP who didn't make 1st team all NBA?

I could see Westbrook winning MVP but not being on the list of 1st team all nba
    Only ones to do so were Russell in '58, '61, '62, and Cowens in '73