Default Bulls vs Knicks 92 playoffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wLW2UwkcG4

Thinking about Mase passing this weekend brought back memories of one of the greatest rivalries in NBA history. I remember being very confident we'd take care of the Knicks in 5 or 6 games. The Bulls were the new defending champs, young and confident ([COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ocky, actually), just coming off a sweep of a young Miami Heat team and, IIRC, had beaten the Knicks all 4 games that regular season.

I didn't know that this would turn into an epic war of 7 games. The Knicks threw some much needed cold water on the Bulls as they took Game 1, not allowing the Bulls to get into any kind of rhythm. Riley had turned this team into a defensive juggernaut, probably the only 90s team I'd say were better defensively than the Bulls. You get past Starks or Anthony as they hacked the shit outta you, you had Ewing, Oakley, Mason or the X-Man waiting to knock you on your ass.

Fortunately, their offense was quite on Chicago's level. But damn if they didn't check the Bulls that series.

Default Re: Bulls vs Knicks 92 playoffs

I wanted McDaniel and Jordan to scrap.

I am your soldier!

Maybe my favorite series. Loved those Knicks teams. X-Man, Mason, Ewing, Oakley... F*cking scary.

Poor defensive era, illegal defense rules, physicality often misinterpreted for good defense. Quite the opposite.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

The Bulls/Knicks matchup was interesting because it was predicated on defense. People that no nothing about basketball only saw the leading ppg scorer vs this and that...but the series great because it put two great defensive teams vs eachother, with the Bulls being the better offensive team...obviously.

What I've always liked about theri matchup is how it was defense vs defense...but so differently. The knicks wre obviously built on physicality when it came to defense...while the Bulls were all speed. It was such a perfect meeting of two great defensive teams...yes nobody thinks of that. I guess you have to actually love basketball to it see my way, shrug.