Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default I'm sick of people disrespecting Steve Nash's MVPs.

Tired of people acting like it's some kind of conspiracy that Nash won two MVPs. Sure there were other candidates, but he had a better argument than anybody else in those two years.

Yeah, he has flaws in his game, he's a mediocre defender and he played on a fast paced team. But he impacted the game tremendously.

The 04 Suns were 29-53, 12-22 before Marbury trade, and 22-33 with Amare. Then Nash joined the team in 05 and turned them into a 62 win team.

Those Suns teams won games on offense, and Nash was solely responsible for leading them to the #1 offense in the league single handily (with or without Amare).

Sure, Shaq had a good case as well, and I wouldn't really care if he won it over Nash. But Nash didn't "rob" anybody (especially not Kobe) of their MVPs.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: I'm sick of people disrespecting Steve Nash's MVPs.

His 05 MVP was 100% deserved and legitimate. His 06 MVP should've gone to Dirk...or maybe Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    His 05 MVP was 100% deserved and legitimate. His 06 MVP should've gone to Dirk...or maybe Duncan
    People criticized Nash's 05 MVP saying that he had a stacked team. Then Amare gets injured in 06 and Joe Johnson gets traded. Nash still led them to 54 wins while ocastrating the #1 offense in the league while going for 19/11 on some ridiculous %.

Lebron was actually 2nd in MVP voting that year iirc, forgot why Duncan and Dirk didnt get love in 06. Regardless, Nash had a good case for winning it. I wouldnt call it undeserved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    He had Karl Malone, the 2nd or 3rd best PF of all time.

Unless you want to argue prime Amare is as good as prime Malone...

Banned

its not that nash wasnt important or valuable. and he was great in his prime. and most years he would be a legit mvp

had it not come in 2005 when shaq ( a man with only 1 mvp ) was clearly a better/more dominant player and more vital to his team than nash

and has his 2nd not come in 2006 when kobe ( a man with 0 mvps at the time and ended up with only 1 award ) was clearly a better/more dominant player and more vital to his team than nash

2 guys who are legit top 10 players all time ( 1 at the end of his prime and the other in the middle of his prime )

2 guys who should both have 2 mvps ( or more )

the suns had a stacked roster. and if it was truly all due to nash then those dallas teams would have won a title with him. and surely those suns teams would have made 1 finals

nash is a great player. but hes a system player. his assist production was inflated by d'antoni's offense.

kobe dragged kwame and smush to the playoffs. and nearly bumped nash's stacked #1 seed on his own

take kobe off the 2006 lakers and they win maybe 5 games

take nash off the suns and they still win 50 games

and if the lakers offered kobe to the suns for nash... theyel do it even if it meant they had to suck a 17 inch c*ck

Don't really have that much of a problem with them but if it was up to me I would switch his and Dirk's '06 and '07 MVP's.

Nash sucks

/end thread

Banned

we all saw what happened when kobe was given an equal amount of help in 2010

then this b*tch ring chased on kobes d*ck and god broke kobes achilles in half out of spite. that walking curse destroyed our team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Don't really have that much of a problem with them but if it was up to me I would switch his and Dirk's '06 and '07 MVP's.

even bill simmons ( the biggest kobe hater ) said nash robbed kobe in 2006

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    even bill simmons ( the biggest kobe hater ) said nash robbed kobe in 2006
    When was the last time the MVP was on a 7th seeded team? If he robbed anyone it was Dirk who also had a great regular season but led a 61 win team.

NBA lottery pick

2006 Kobe was the closet thing you will ever see to prime MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    its not that nash wasnt important or valuable. and he was great in his prime. and most years he would be a legit mvp

had it not come in 2005 when shaq ( a man with only 1 mvp ) was clearly a better/more dominant player and more vital to his team than nash

and has his 2nd not come in 2006 when kobe ( a man with 0 mvps at the time and ended up with only 1 award ) was clearly a better/more dominant player and more vital to his team than nash

2 guys who are legit top 10 players all time ( 1 at the end of his prime and the other in the middle of his prime )

2 guys who should both have 2 mvps ( or more )

the suns had a stacked roster. and if it was truly all due to nash then those dallas teams would have won a title with him. and surely those suns teams would have made 1 finals

nash is a great player. but hes a system player. his assist production was inflated by d'antoni's offense.

kobe dragged kwame and smush to the playoffs. and nearly bumped nash's stacked #1 seed on his own

take kobe off the 2006 lakers and they win maybe 5 games

take nash off the suns and they still win 50 games

and if the lakers offered kobe to the suns for nash... theyel do it even if it meant they had to suck a 17 inch c*ck
    As mentioned in the OP, I stated that Shaq had equally good of a case as Nash did. He could've won it, or they could've been co-MVPs for all I care. Doesn't mean Nash didn't deserve it. I dont see how Shaq had a better/more dominant season in Nash, since it was arguable that he was even the best player on his team (Wade took over in the playoffs), while Nash was the clear leader on the Suns.

You're wrong about Nash being a system player, Dallas would've had a title in 03 had Dirk not gotten hurt in 03. Nash was already viewed as one of the best point guards in 03 and 04 behind Kidd.

And really, Nash was the main reason D'Antoni's shitty system even saw a light of success.

Dont wanna talk much about Kobe since he was on a 7th seeded team. But take Nash off of those Suns teams, no way they reach 50 wins. Not to mention the Suns were missing Amare in 06 as well.

Of course they'd trade Nash for Kobe, Nash was 31+ years old while Kobe was still young.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    When was the last time the MVP was on a 7th seeded team? If he robbed anyone it was Dirk who also had a great regular season but led a 61 win team.
    when was the last time a somebody had a more historic regular season in 06 than Kobe?

and how you gonna be MVP (dirk) when you let the other guy beat your team by himself on your home court?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...0-years/page/6
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 02-27-2015 at 08:52 PM.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

The Lakers were 18-9 in games when Kobe scored 40 or more, and just 27-26 otherwise. A .500 team with 24 games to go, Kobe put the Lakers on his back and led them to a 16-8 run to make the playoffs. During this run, he went for 40 or more points 12 times.
    absolutly insane