Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default Re: Westbrook is a pitiful athlete compared to the elite tier like Lebron/MJ/Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    what are you, 11? what does his vertical leap have to do with anything? Gerald green your favorite player or something?

Westbrook is still dominating other PG's on a nightly basis, with his "girlish" leap
    Read the thread title again, does it mention the caliber of Westbrook as a player? No (although I think hes overrated as shit but thats for another thread), its simply about his athletic ability which isn't really on the level all these Brook stans act.

Default Re: Westbrook is a pitiful athlete compared to the elite tier like Lebron/MJ/Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    I define players by logic and not stats!

Westbrook sucks because his vertical isn't 40!

when i define players (aka how good someone is at basketball dumbass) I use logic, like the thread title suggests when it comes to athletic ability there is nothing more reliable than stats. Dumbass

36.5 inch vert LOL, ****ing grade school shti right there. I swear people all up on his dick act like hes some hyper athlete or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    Read the thread title again, does it mention the caliber of Westbrook as a player? No (although I think hes overrated as shit but thats for another thread), its simply about his athletic ability which isn't really on the level all these Brook stans act.
    What are you talking about? What PG in the league today is even comparable to him as an athlete? If he's overrated, then everyone else is dogshit.

NBA rookie of the year

How come he can leap from longer distance than most players?

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

I agree his vertical isn't off-the-charts impressive, especially off one foot, but he has elite explosiveness/burst, strength and straight line speed. And he never gets tired.

when i define players (aka how good someone is at basketball dumbass), like the thread title suggests, when it comes to athletic ability there is nothing more reliable than stats. Dumbass
    Yeah, you know, aside from how they use their athleticism during in game situations.

I ask again, who the fvck in the PG position is even remotely in Westbrook's vicinity right now?

Banned

find me a single source that says his vertical is anything 40 inches and above, you won't.

All these brook fans go crawling into their holes once the truth gets told behind his abysmal vertical leap
    Find me something from his playing career. You're citing information that you know is outdated to advance your anti-Westbrook agenda (which is based purely off of his vertical...100% retarded).

I mean, it's not like you have any credibility left after calling Rondo a top-3 PG but at least try to stay objective.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    How come he can leap from further distance than most players?

I disagree with the OP, but a lot of Westbrook being able to jump from far out and make it to the rim is because he is INSANELY fast. There are two components to the horizontal distance traveled during a leap: vertical displacement and horizontal velocity upon takeoff (ignoring air resistance). What he may lack in one (pure vert) he makes up for in the other (velocity).

Pre draft verticals?

Guess who had a 41 vertical?

OJ Mayo

OJ Mayo is more athletic than Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I disagree with the OP, but a lot of Westbrook being able to jump from far out and make it to the rim is because he is INSANELY fast. There are two components to the horizontal distance traveled during a leap: vertical displacement and horizontal velocity upon takeoff (ignoring air resistance). What he may lack in one (pure vert) he makes up for in the other (velocity).
    How about hitting the backboard during dunks at 6'3?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

u know he may not be going all out at the combine

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Find me something from his playing career. You're citing information that you know is outdated to advance your anti-Westbrook agenda.

I mean, it's not like you have any credibility left after calling Rondo a top-3 PG but at least try to stay objective.
    ur an nba fan its obvious, nba likes to prop up their superstars at the expensive of real basketball. They make a lot of money by feeding the egos and consequently ruining team chemistry by propping up certain individuals with x factor.

real basketball fans can see through the veil and its clear that there are only a few PG's in the league that are actually built for championship teams (aka Rondo), but the NBA will continue to blind you like the sheep you are and have you believe basketball is all about egos and superstars. **SPURS** cough

If the thread isn't about kangaroos or crocodiles, it's irrelevant

ur an nba fan its obvious, nba likes to prop up their superstars at the expensive of real basketball. They make a lot of money by feeding the egos and consequently ruining team chemistry by propping up certain individuals with x factor.

real basketball fans can see through the veil and its clear that there are only a few PG's in the league that are actually built for championship teams (aka Rondo), but the NBA will continue to blind you like the sheep you are and have you believe basketball is all about egos and superstars. **SPURS** cough
    Rondo was the 4th best player on his championship team