Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Current Wall or peak Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by scott0326
    Wall forget to make his teammates better? He can't put the ball in the hoop for Butler, Temple and all the scrubs missing wide open threes all game.
    He can't put the ball in the hoop himself either.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Yeah, since PG defense is THAT important... Wall's limited defensive impact really doesn't justify taking him over Arenas

Give me the elite scorer any day. We're talking about peak Arenas vs. current Wall. Arenas was a better player than current Wall and almost any team could use his elite scoring.
    Cool. Do you have any idea how bad Gilbert was defensively or how bad those teams were? He was a great scorer when hot but stopped no one and was a turnover machine. He was just a scorer, hardly a passer. He was a great scorer for sure but don't get it confised and think he was a PG. He worked as a PG in that offense but he was less of a PG than Westbrook that's for sure. You were a child when he played so why bother talking about it.

Only ISH where defense isn't importand for Gilbert but Nash is a terrible player because his D was bad. Love it.

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    He can't put the ball in the hoop himself either.
    Yup, his 46% from the field is terrible for a PG.

Peak Arenas is chucking your way to 5 wins in the playoffs and lose to a shitty Cavs team. Let's see how Wall does this year before you pull the trigger on either.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Beat Chicago in 2005 ... wow doesn't seem that long ago.
    Arenas hit the game winner in game 5 too.

Pretty much shifted all the momentum to Washington.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

gilbert for now , wall can become better tho

Decent playground baller

Hardcore Wizards fan here, it's Arenas and it's not close.

Prime Arenas was 29ppg on 58% TS with 6 assists/5 rebounds/2 steals per game. His peak, although short, was amazing. Wall is a fantastic passer, but he isn't on the level yet where he can actually go into a playoff series and keep up with Lebron, and Arenas did just that.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Peak Arenas is chucking your way to 5 wins in the playoffs and lose to a shitty Cavs team. Let's see how Wall does this year before you pull the trigger on either.
    Arenas won against the Bulls with a buzzer beater in game 5, and against the Cavs averaged 34/5/5 on 46% FG.

you werent gonna win anything with peak Arenas(skill set issues). Not a championship piece in my opinion. That is yet to be determined with WAll.

Very good NBA starter

Peak Arenas would be a top 10 player in the league. Wall isn't really close that all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Peak Arenas would be a top 10 player in the league. Wall isn't really close that all.
    don't think he would be top 10. He was one of the most overrated players in recent memory. He was fool's gold

Very good NBA starter

How was he fools gold? Dude put 28/6/5/2 on excellent efficiency. Very good shooter. Good play-maker. Excellent at drawing fouls. Anchored top 10 offenses and put up strong +/- numbers. Dude was like a middle-class Kobe at his peak. I think people just dislike him because of his "style'' which is stupid because the only thing that matters is your impact on the game and all objective measurements have Gil clearly over Wall in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    How was he fools gold? Dude put 28/6/5/2 on excellent efficiency. Very good shooter. Good play-maker. Excellent at drawing fouls. Anchored top 10 offenses and put up strong +/- numbers. Dude was like a middle-class Kobe at his peak. I think people just dislike him because of his "style'' which is stupid because the only thing that matters is your impact on the game and all objective measurements have Gil clearly over Wall in that regard.
    I watched the NBA a lot this year. Any team giving Gilbert Arenas a max contract is not winning a title. Just doesn't play a winning brand of basketball. Wasn't a good passer or playmaker and was a bad defender. Also, couldnt get easy shots.

He was fool's gold. I'd take Wall over him because Wall could be part of something great. Arenas' skill set won't allow him to.

Earned not given

Peak Arenas...if only because I don't think we've seen peak Wall yet.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Any team giving Gilbert Arenas a max contract is not winning a title.
    So? How many players win titles as the best player on the team? Not many. I love Wall's game but doubt he ever wins a championship as the best player. Odds are certainly in my favor. Wall would be easier to build around but both would need one of the top teams in the league to accomplish a title.

I'd take Arenas. He was a beast at his peak but it never lasted long. He had what 2 playoff appearances before he got hurt? Made the second round, and had a crazy series his other one averaging 34 points.

Had a 3 year stretch of 28/6/4. Wizards were 40+ wins during those seasons as well. Not MVP worthy or top 5 player in the league but if I got to choose between 10 years of that or 10 years of current Wall I take Arenas.