Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Current Wall or peak Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    So? How many players win titles as the best player on the team? Not many. I love Wall's game but doubt he ever wins a championship as the best player. Odds are certainly in my favor. Wall would be easier to build around but both would need one of the top teams in the league to accomplish a title.

I'd take Arenas. He was a beast at his peak but it never lasted long. He had what 2 playoff appearances before he got hurt? Made the second round, and had a crazy series his other one averaging 34 points.

Had a 3 year stretch of 28/6/4. Wizards were 40+ wins during those seasons as well. Not MVP worthy or top 5 player in the league but if I got to choose between 10 years of that or 10 years of current Wall I take Arenas.
    Didn't say best player. I said a max contract.

Not many win, but many could be put in a position to make it happen. I don't think there is a realistic mix of players that wins with Arenas getting paid a max contract. I don't think he is a championship piece. I also don't think he was a beast, was never in my top 10.

Give me 10 years of a good point guard who is also a good leader and can develop talent. Arenas was a horrible defender and a chucker, he took too many bad shots to build around and couldnt get easier shots. Wall gets into the lane easy and gets others involved.

You arent winning a title with Wall as your best player

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    You arent winning a title with Wall as your best player
    didn't say best player. I said a max contract.

You can give Wall and Anthony Davis max contracts and have a shot a building a team capable of winnings it all. I don't see a scenario where that works with Gilbert Areanas.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 02-24-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    didn't say best player. I said a max contract.

You can give Wall and Anthony Davis max contracts and have a shot a building a team capable of winnings it all. I don't see a scenario where that works with Gilbert Areanas.
    whos Gilbert Areanas?

Decent playground baller

You have to remember, we never got to see peak Arenas either. His knee was destroyed at 25 years old. His game probably would have significantly matured by 27-29.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Didn't say best player. I said a max contract.

Not many win, but many could be put in a position to make it happen. I don't think there is a realistic mix of players that wins with Arenas getting paid a max contract. I don't think he is a championship piece. I also don't think he was a beast, was never in my top 10.
    Regardless, Arenas finished top 10 in MVP voting in 07 and made All-NBA 2nd team. These days if you make the All-Star team as a young player, you are getting a max contract.

Has prime Gil ever lost 9 of 11 games?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Gilbert. but his peak didn't last long