Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Jeff Teague vs John Wall

Both overrated but I would rather have Teague because Wall has a shitty basketball IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    What the hell are you talking about? I'm speaking facts that the guy is an idiot for saying the Wizards would MISS the playoffs replacing Wall with Teague. We can all agree he's an idiot. The wizards wouldn't be 21-31 right now. Unless he's admiring the Wizards basically have no depth and are a terrible team outside of Wall.

Hi, there
    look i don't want to insult your intelligence or anything but the wizards are playing guys like Drew Gooden, Rasual Butler, Garrett Temple and Andre Miller. This isn't exactly Paul Milsap, Dennis Shroeder, Mick Scott, Ken Bazemore and bunch of other hawks who seem to be playing out their minds and hats off to them i hope guys like Shroeder get big contracts and make it in this league.
    Also, Bradley Beal was injured for at least half of those 31 games the wiz won... Garrett Temple was the starting shooting guard my memory serves me right.

So yea, Its completely possible the wiz are 21-31 ... are you aware the wiz have won the most game's by 3pts or less??? [COLOR="White"]no probs not you're dumb and annoying as fk wish you knew what you were talking about for once [/COLOR]

So in a nutshell wiz got off to a hot start and have gradually declined and are playing terrible basketball right now its no coincidence at all. John Wall is puffed and Bradley Beal isn't really contributing at the level we all thought...soooo i guess Ralph (previous poster) was pointing this out and i'm inclined to agree i think wizards record is extremely decieving and i wouldn't be surprised if things get a whole lot worse ok??? stop being an offended lil bitch no one is attacking you personally we are just talking about hypothetical situations deaarr gawwwd
    Last edited by LiLharvard; 02-19-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    Hi, there
    look i don't want to insult your intelligence or anything but the wizards are playing guys like Drew Gooden, Rasual Butler, Garrett Temple and Andre Miller. This isn't exactly Paul Milsap, Dennis Shroeder, Mick Scott, Ken Bazemore and bunch of other hawks who seem to be playing out their minds and hats off to them i hope guys like Shroeder get big contracts and make it in this league.
    Also, Bradley Beal was injured for at least half of those 31 games the wiz won... Garrett Temple was the starting shooting guard my memory serves me right.

So yea, Its completely possible the wiz are 21-31 ... are you aware the wiz have won the most game's by 3pts or less [COLOR="White"](DUMBASS) [/COLOR]

So in a nutshell wiz got off to a hot start and have gradually declined and are playing terrible basketball right now its no coincidence either John Wall is puffed and bradley beal ain't doing shiit soooo i guess Ralph (previous poster) was pointing this out and i'm inclined to agree i think wizards record is extremely decieving and i wouldn't be surprised if things get a whole lot worse ok??? stop being an offended lil bitch no one is attacking you personally we are just talking about hypothetical situations deaarr gawwwd
    Ok fine. If the Wizards are really in that much disarray I'll just write them off for winning a championship ever by default until they make MAJOR moves.

yea, you may aswell do that .. because thats what all previous posts were saying so maybe if you took time to read the thread before responding things would go your way a bit more.

Listen Jones, its been frustrating following the wizards and their lack of moves this year, and i can only wish my team was in the position that your team is so please don't add insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    yea, you may aswell do that .. because thats what all previous posts were saying so maybe if you took time to read the thread before responding things would go your way a bit more. [COLOR="White"]DUMBASS[/COLOR]

Listen Jones, its been frustrating following the wizards and their lack of moves this year, and i can only wish my team was in the position that your team is so please don't add insult to injury.
    I have issue with the blatant disrespect toward Teague. Wall really isn't that much better than Teague at the end of the day, and they aren't shifting 12 wins by losing 3 assists a game and gaining a more efficient scorer.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Honestly, Wall is a better overall player, but what really seperates them? I mean one guy said that Teague is only a better shooter and Wall is better at everything else. I strongly disagree with that.

Teague is has a better bballiq than wall. Teague is arguably faster than Wall.(I personally think it's pretty even)

Teague, more importantly, and this is something that isn't on the box score or any stat, but he is more of a patient player than wall. Teague doesn't ever try to force things just to get his like wall does.

Teague is also, most importantly, a better defender than wall.

When it comes to isolation, wall is superior.

When Teague isolates, he shoots 40% from the field on his isos.
    When Wall isolates, he shoots 44%. Wall also has 11 more points than Teague while isolating, and Teague isolates more frequent than wall.

This means that Wall is probably a better finisher than Teague, which I agree.

Wall is a better rebounder due to his size as well, and seems to be more "in control".

I really like Jeff Teague / i've expressed that in nearly every post.

I just think the wizards record, its deceiving. The wiz are treading a really fine line at the moment with all those really close wins and the lack of depth we have. I seriously thought the wiz would have someone like affallo or kevin martin by now but they dont and all they have is a bunch off nba journeyman/d league scrubbers.
    It was pretty clear wasn't it when the hawks thrashed us by 30??? Do you really think that was all Jeff Teague or more the fact that the wizards just ain't that good and John Wall didn't play well that day... or the hawks have a lot of really good players and just were to much........The story goes a little something like that if you get my drift.

Thanks for the rep, rhowen. It's a shame 4 negs saying "Hawks suck", "annoying hawkfan" "gtfo" overshadow it.

I personally think negs should be removed perma.

To think I use to have 4 green bars...

NBA rookie of the year

Teague vs Pacers: 19.3 ppg 39.3%

Wall vs Pacers: 14.2 ppg 36.8%

Jeff Teague gave the Pacers work and John Wall didn't

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Teague vs Pacers: 19.3 ppg 39.3%

Wall vs Pacers: 14.2 ppg 36.8%

Jeff Teague gave the Pacers work and John Wall didn't

Hmm... can you find out the stats for each east team for both players? No reason to include western teams since wiz and hawks only face them twice.

let me put it this way:

the key to stopping the wizards is john wall and teams are game planning for him
    the key to stopping the hawks is stopping a system, and it is game planned accordingly.

teague fits in perfectly in the hawks system but he is replaceable.
    wall is not replaceable.

Banned

The difference between 2 all star point guards is minimal to none.

Quick, call the press.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    What the hell are you talking about? I'm speaking facts that the guy is an idiot for saying the Wizards would MISS the playoffs replacing Wall with Teague. We can all agree he's an idiot. The wizards wouldn't be 21-31 right now. Unless he's admiting the Wizards basically have no depth and are a terrible team outside of Wall. Basically stating they have no future or championship aspirations unless they make MAJOR MOVES
    This is what I'm saying. Beal has been a disappointment, and I love him but he's injury prone. Gortat hasn't been great this year, Nene is limited by his planar faciitis. We have no backup point guard, no athletic scoring wing really.

We have enough talent to make the ECF and maybe get an upset due to size...if we're healthy and DESPITE the horribly lulzy offense that Wittman runs.

When John came back from injury 2 seasons ago the team went from like a 30 win pace to a 50 win pace the rest of the season. He holds the ball more than almost any player in the league if you look up possession stats. All this while wrecking havok on D. He's not the best PG in the league, but he's up there with Westbrook in terms of activity. The dude takes on a massive responsibility.

You put Teague on the Wiz and he puts up good stats on a bad team, and everybody else on the team is missing the easy looks Wall forcefeeds them.

The Wiz are multiple moves away from being legit contenders. The front office (while notoriously short sighted) has actually been trying to keep flexibility for 2016 (but the cap might expload in two years and make all our flexibility not matter).

I have a group message between me and all my wizards fan buddies, and it's been nothing but doom and gloom (and "wow, Otto was OK!") for weeks.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 02-19-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Jeff Teague is not a star and is never going to be one. He is consistent but not great. John Wall is a player every team is scared of and tries to stop. I'm taking Wall. It's not even close.
    Pretty much this. Wall by a landslide.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Wall > Teague

Westbrook/Curry/CP3/Wall/Irving/Lillard/Lowry > Teague