Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Re: Jeff Teague vs John Wall

Quote Originally Posted by rhowen4
    How about the fourth game?

Jeff Teague had 2 points, 1 assist, 1 rebounds, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 4 turnovers in 33 minutes. 1-9 from the field.

John Wall had a decent game with 33 points, 12 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block, and 5 turnovers in 34 minutes, 10-20 from the field.

I'd say Teague takes this game too. Not only did Teague miss fewer shots and have fewer turnovers than Wall, the Hawks also won the game. He did it in less minutes too, which helps his impact/win stat.
    Clearly, if that were to actually happen, Wall takes the cake EASILY, regardless what team wins or not.

I don't get your point?

If you disagree with one of my picks, give me some insight as to why you do.

Not make up random stats and proceeding to mock me.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Even tho I like Teague, your post does show bias. Wall gets damn near a triple dub and you still give it to Teague? Based off opinionated hypotheticals and not facts? "If Teague played more minutes he'd do this and that." How the **** do you know? People get cold at times after being hot. Happens all the time. How can you credit someone for something they didn't do? That is obvious bias. Teague doesn't get looked at as much because quite simply Hawks were winning before Teague came back from injury. Wall is his team's best player no doubt but it isn't as clear cut with Teague.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Difference is Teague is leading the best team in the East, he is a tough competitor and the engine that keeps the Hawks going. He also doesn't airball wide open jumpers.
    He isn't leading shit. Horford and Millsap are both better than him.

Wall is the Wizard's best player. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    Even tho I like Teague, your post does show bias. Wall gets damn near a triple dub and you still give it to Teague? Based off opinionated hypotheticals and not facts? "If Teague played more minutes he'd do this and that." How the **** do you know? People get cold at times after being hot. Happens all the time. How can you credit someone for something they didn't do? That is obvious bias. Teague doesn't get looked at as much because quite simply Hawks were winning before Teague came back from injury. Wall is his team's best player no doubt but it isn't as clear cut with Teague.
    I am a passionate Hawk's fan and it can be difficult to not show minimum bias.

After reading your post and giving it some thought, I agree with you. I shouldn't give Teague the edge just because of hypothetical situations. Thing is, Wizards lost this game by 21 points, so it's just tough for me to give the edge to Wall. I watched the game, and I was in a Hawk's chat room and we did see Wall stat padding his assists numbers a little bit and we would yell STATPAD whenever he would do a lead pass to Gortat.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Clearly, if that were to actually happen, Wall takes the cake EASILY, regardless what team wins or not.

I don't get your point?

If you disagree with one of my picks, give me some insight as to why you do.

Not make up random stats and proceeding to mock me.
    pretty much every game is a statistical wash, which helps your overall point, but Teague outplaying Wall in every game in your eyes? 3-0 in favor of Teague? with you reasoning away each game, it seems biased to me.

i never liked H2H as a measure of players either, there are natural counters in matchups.

i don't want to detract from teague, but i think as of right now he's still fairly clearly behind wall

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    He isn't leading shit. Horford and Millsap are both better than him.

Wall is the Wizard's best player. There is a difference.
    This. Teague is not the focal point of the other team's defense...At TIMES he is but not all the time. Wall is the best player on the team. The defense is focused on stopping him at all times. Its not a knock on Teague, he's just in a better situation right now with a better team and coach.

Its the Harden/Thompson argument. Until Thompson is the #1 option on his team and doing what Harden is doing, I'm not putting him over Harden. Harden is doing his thing with or without Dwight on the court.......And he doesn't have great coaching either....

Wall IS the Wizards offense. If he isn't making plays...chances are plays aren't getting made.

Teague is a really good player, but he's a cog, Wall is an engine.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Not to discredit either, but I think they're in the same tier. I think the Hawks would still be dominating if they had Wall instead of Teague
    John "Optimus Dime" Wall Vs Jeff "no nickname" Teague
    What an intriguing discussion by none other than richesly.

Let's start off with how much easier Jeff Teague has it. He's playing on the best team in the league with 4 all stars; the system they play is more of a share system, not much pressure on old Jeff, just go out there and take over when necessary. Secondly, Dennis Shroeder is Jeff's back up. Perhaps the best back up in the league. John Wall's back up may aswell be a corpse his name is Andre Miller and he's 3000 years old. John Wall is leading the league in assists and probably the fastest point guard in the league. Jeff Teague is having a nice year, no EYE popping stating he's just playing nicely and his team happens to be the best in the East thanks to one of the most unexpected win streaks in nba history and it just so happened that Jeff Teague got an all star nod or else we wouldnt even be on here discussing this.

OP, its a tough one but i'm going with John Wall. I think Teague would struggle if he was put in John's position in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    John "Optimus Dime" Wall Vs Jeff "no nickname" Teague
    What an intriguing discussion by none other than richesly.

Let's start off with how much easier Jeff Teague has it. He's playing on the best team in the league with 4 all stars; the system they play is more of a share system, not much pressure on old Jeff, just go out there and take over when necessary. Secondly, Dennis Shroeder is Jeff's back up. Perhaps the best back up in the league. John Wall's back up may aswell be a corpse his name is Andre Miller and he's 3000 years old. John Wall is leading the league in assists and probably the fastest point guard in the league. Jeff Teague is having a nice year, no EYE popping stating he's just playing nicely and his team happens to be the best in the East thanks to one of the most unexpected win streaks in nba history and it just so happened that Jeff Teague got an all star nod or else we wouldnt even be on here discussing this.

OP, its a tough one but i'm going with John Wall. I think Teague would struggle if he was put in John's position in Washington.
    good post
    If you swap Wall and Teague this season the Wizards don't make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    good post
    Ta, Ralph. No doubt, John is a machine i'm surprised he hasn't gone down with an injury!! Whitman defies logic every night. How many DNP's has Miller had and Temple is Running the point on occasion?? It's a disaster. And new's just in wiz are looking at Bobby Brown as a replacement back up PG (that wasn't a whitney houston joke). Who?

good post
    What the hell? I know you're salty as he'll at this thread but you just sound flat out stupid.

good post
    Thing is, do the Hawks do nearly as good?

Would Wall actually fit Bud's system?

Teague is a much better off ball player than Wall, I hope no one tries to argue this lol.

Sure, Hawks make the playoffs regardless, as there are other all stars on the team, unlike the Wizards(Beal is borderline all-star, as is Gortat).

And why wouldn't the wizards make the playoffs..? Teague is a top 10 PG still. It's not like you are replacing Wall with Darren Collison or Sessions

But would Wall contribute to bud's system more? No way Wall would average 10 apg with the Hawks, I don't think any PG, even Rondo could with the way the system is.

Also, can Wall resist playing hero ball, trying to take over games, run pick n rolls/pick n pops almost non-stop?

Teague has shown time and time again he can take over games but he actually doesn't do it, which is why the myth Hawks don't have a go to guy angers me.

Also, Wizards would still make the playoffs. Teague is a top 10 PG still. It's not like you are swapping Wall for Steve Blake or Ramon Sessions.
    Last edited by Richesly; 02-19-2015 at 01:14 AM.

No one is taking anything away from what Jeff Teague has done this year he's been one of the best players on the Hawks. And is climbing the top 10 pg ladder
    Step back and lettuce be reality just for one quick second and realise Jeff Teague can't do the things that John Wall can do.. Maybe Teague is a better shooter, but, he damn well ain't a great shooter and there's a bunch of things John Wall is better than Teague at so lets just put things in perspective. ATLJONESBRO even op has agreed that JOHN WALL > TEAGUE its great that you came in and threw your 2 cents in but the discussion/debate is over.

It's close if that makes you feel better? At least Atlanta has a good team this year! Washington started off nicely but they are slowly decaying because WALL HAS TO DO EVERYTHING. Just be thankful, that the hawks didn't become the supersonics this year and God reached out and blessed the franchise with that win streak its great for the nba and all the new fans that think the hawks are "cool" i'm loving it lettuce enjoy and pray that the hawks don't embarrass themselves with a first round exit i'm sure they won't they're looking really good atm.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    No one is taking anything away from what Jeff Teague has done this year he's been one of the best players on the Hawks. And is climbing the top 10 pg ladder
    Step back and lettuce be reality just for one quick second and realise Jeff Teague can't do the things that John Wall can do.. Maybe Teague is a better shooter, but, he damn well ain't a great shooter and there's a bunch of things John Wall is better than Teague at so lets just put things in perspective. ATLJONESBRO even op has agreed that JOHN WALL > TEAGUE its great that you came in and threw your 2 cents in but the discussion/debate is over. Basically stating the have no future or championship aspirations unless the make MAJOR moves

It's close if that makes you feel better? At least Atlanta has a good team this year! Washington started off nicely but they are slowly decaying because WALL HAS TO DO EVERYTHING. Just be thankful, that the hawks didn't become the supersonics this year and God reached out and blessed the franchise with that win streak its great for the nba and all the new fans that think the hawks are "cool" i'm loving it lettuce enjoy and pray that the hawks don't embarrass themselves with a first round exit i'm sure they won't they're looking really good atm.
    What the hell are you talking about? I'm speaking facts that the guy is an idiot for saying the Wizards would MISS the playoffs replacing Wall with Teague. We can all agree he's an idiot. The wizards wouldn't be 21-31 right now. Unless he's admiting the Wizards basically have no depth and are a terrible team outside of Wall. Basically stating they have no future or championship aspirations unless they make MAJOR MOVES

Jeff Teague is not a star and is never going to be one. He is consistent but not great. John Wall is a player every team is scared of and tries to stop. I'm taking Wall. It's not even close.