Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Celtics just beat the Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I'm supposed to believe that a 43-11 record is some kind of a fluke?
    Look at what happened to Indiana last year.

This team does not have Gail Goodrich or Wilt. It has Al Horford and Jeff Teague.

Who wouldn't even be all stars in the western conference.

This team is not going to fall out of the playoffs, but they overachieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Could have sworn this was about Real14 for a second.
    He's too smart, he really is. I mean I get his arguments. I can understand thinking we're just a bunch of role players in a great system playing over our heads. I think all rational Hawks fans have that fear somewhere inside us.

He was on board with us for a minute though. Don't think I don't remember. A moment of clarity before he got back on, (off?) the pills and sunk back into his unrelenting hatred of Atlanta sports ever achieving success.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81

This team does not have Gail Goodrich or Wilt. It has Al Horford and Jeff Teague.

I think they are something like 15-4 against the West.

They may not win a title, but to claim that one bad game against an obviously inferior team is indicative of something is really a stretch.

Stop watching basketball, thanks

shhhhhhh

Hotlantadude.. obviously not a Hawks fan

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Stop watching basketball, thanks
    Salt.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    False

This is a really good team, you're just going to have to deal with it
    Every year you guys have came on here to talk about how this team was going to show the world. You do this every year.... Every year I'm here to bring you guys back down to earth. This year will end up the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I think they are something like 15-4 against the West.

They may not win a title, but to claim that one bad game against an obviously inferior team is indicative of something is really a stretch.
    I'm not saying that the team will fall out of the playoff picture. But this is a 48 win team that overachieved.

I'm not saying that the team will fall out of the playoff picture. But this is a 48 win team that overachieved.
    And I don't think they will beat Cleveland, either...but again... 43-11 is pretty damned impressive. I have to admit...I see at least some of Pop's influence on this Hawk's team.

Every year you guys have came on here to talk about how this team was going to show the world. You do this every year.... Every year I'm here to bring you guys back down to earth. This year will end up the same way.
    How on earth is this year like every year? If you can't get behind this team then why even watch the Hawks? Why are you even emotionally invested enough to get on here and tell Hawks fans off? After 7 years on the treadmill we objectively have a shot at a championship, (and a great future in terms of the salary cap + picks) and you still are on here shitting all over us.

If you're any sort of Hawks fan and you can't get on board this season and this team then you're truly deranged.

How many hawks teams were 43-11 coming into the all star break? Zero. New team, new year. Get over it, they're good. I know it makes you furious they're good, but you just need to accept it. And if they do go on to win a championship and you keep acting this way you better not change your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    How on earth is this year like every year? If you can't get behind this team then why even watch the Hawks? Why are you even emotionally invested enough to get on here and tell Hawks fans off? After 7 years on the treadmill we objectively have a shot at a championship, (and a great future in terms of the salary cap + picks) and you still are on here shitting all over us.

If you're any sort of Hawks fan and you can't get on board this season and this team then you're truly deranged.
    The other shoe always drops.

I've been complaining about how the team has been playing for weeks. Not just because they lost tonight or because they lost against Memphis. I was complaining about the Portland and Philly games also.

They very much look like a team that peaked.

Doesn't the other shoe always drop?
    Having seen 25 years of Atlanta sports, and maybe 10% of those teams having a real shot at a championship, yes, the other shoe has always dropped. Barring one Braves team that I honestly don't remember.

But I can't do anything other than embrace this team, they're everything an Atlanta Hawks team that could ever want. We can never draft right, we can never get the FA's we want. And yet here we are, the best team in the East and with a clear path to the promised land displayed before us.

I get not having faith in one of our teams, none of them have ever given us reason to believe otherwise. But if you can't have hope in this team, of all teams, then why even pretend to like/pay attention to sports.

I've been complaining about how the team has been playing for weeks. Not just because they lost tonight or because they lost against Memphis. I was complaining about the Portland and Philly games also.

They very much look like a team that peaked.
    I mean who are you comparing us to? The Warriors have lost to the Jazz, Hawks, and Bulls in their past 10 games and looked very beatable against the 6ers, Timberwolves, and Celtics, (some of those at HOME, where the Hawks have not lost any time in recent memory). Are they looking vulnerable and weak? Are they pretenders?