Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Is OKC possibly missing the PO's an example of parity or an argument for top 16?

It's a sign KD has missed half the games played, Westbrook has missed at least 15 and a host of other players have missed a fair amount of games

this team has been riddled with injuries, when your two best players combine to miss over 40 games 50 games into the season to suggest it's the coach or parity is ignoring the facts

Default Re: Is OKC possibly missing the PO's an example of parity or an argument for top 16?

why do people think OKC will miss the playoffs? they're gonna treat every game after the break like a playoff game, having Westbrook and KD playing 40 minutes. They'll be burned out by the time the playoffs come but they wont miss out.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Except that isn't even accurate.
    How is it inaccurate? You never backed up that accusation. What I wrote was a fact: If a good team has it's star(s) miss enough games it will miss the playoffs in spite of what it would have done if the team remained healthy. If the seeding ignores conference that means it will take more games to knock that team out of the playoffs but it will still happen. What is so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Last year's Suns.

5th seed out East. Miss the Playoffs out West.

That poverty ass 38 win Hawks made it.

#JustEasternThings
    Al Horford missed the last 54 games of the season and was playing very well before injury. Pretty sure his presence would have had ATL's record above .500

#CalledAnInjuryThing

Very good NBA starter

Yes.

It would be a disgrace to watch the Thunder and Pelicans miss the playoffs while fans have to watch the ****ing Nets and Hornets in series.

That really would probably be the final straw. You'd have 3 of the top 5 or so players in the league missing the playoffs.....

The current system is awful and as fans we deserve much better than to have to suffer through at least 2 terrible first round series in the East. When if they just seeded things fairly....we'd likely see all great series in round 1.

Think about this:

Right now we'd get a ****ing Hawks vs Thunder first round series if they did it right. Instead? We'd get Hawks vs Nets.

How anyone can actually be in favor of the current system just floors me.
    Whoa Dmavs actually reasonable and making sense... What's this world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Al Horford missed the last 54 games of the season and was playing very well before injury. Pretty sure his presence would have had ATL's record above .500

#CalledAnInjuryThing
    Yes, and an Atlanta team without Horford were a poverty team.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Yes.

Think about this:

Right now we'd get a ****ing Hawks vs Thunder first round series if they did it right. Instead? We'd get Hawks vs Nets.

Ahhh, actually we'd get a Hawks vs Suns series...

Yes, and an Atlanta team without Horford were a poverty team.
    True, but you had no idea that he missed the last 54 games due to injury before your initial post that ripped the East and Hawks making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    True, but you had no idea that he missed the last 54 games due to injury before your initial post that ripped the East and Hawks making the playoffs.
    I watched loads of Hawks games last year.

Bud is my favourite staffer in the whole NBA. I'll always watch a team he's coaching.

My point stands. If a team can get into the Playoffs without their best player, winning 38 games, that is a problem. And last year's Hawks, who won just 38 games, were a poverty team (in Playoff terms, obviously they weren't scraping the barrel).

The 1996-97 Spurs team were a poverty team, were they not?

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Last year's Suns.

5th seed out East. Miss the Playoffs out West.

That poverty ass 38 win Hawks made it.

#JustEasternThings
    And the Thunder would be the 7th seed in East not that big of a difference. If they are stay healthy they will make it in west, 3 games back with 30 games left in the season is still plenty of time. The Hawks took the Pacers to 7 games last year and are 42-9 this season. Nobody should be crying about not seeing the Suns over them. You might not like it but thats how the games played. Coaches, players, and management know what their competiton is in the division and the conference. The best teams will make it in the end.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    Ahhh, actually we'd get a Hawks vs Suns series...
    How so?

The Hawks have the best record in the NBA and the Thunder would be the 16th team in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    How is it inaccurate? You never backed up that accusation. What I wrote was a fact: If a good team has it's star(s) miss enough games it will miss the playoffs in spite of what it would have done if the team remained healthy. If the seeding ignores conference that means it will take more games to knock that team out of the playoffs but it will still happen. What is so hard to understand?
    Because the Thunder would be in the ****ing playoffs if they seeded 1 through 16.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

A loophole like if a team wins 48 or more games they bump the last playoff team from the other conference if they don't qualitify for the playoffs in their conference. I think would be acceptable and it would be amazing come playoff time. Can you imagine JVG never shutting up about it.

Yes.

It would be a disgrace to watch the Thunder and Pelicans miss the playoffs while fans have to watch the ****ing Nets and Hornets in series.

That really would probably be the final straw. You'd have 3 of the top 5 or so players in the league missing the playoffs.....

The current system is awful and as fans we deserve much better than to have to suffer through at least 2 terrible first round series in the East. When if they just seeded things fairly....we'd likely see all great series in round 1.

Think about this:

Well said, bro. It makes me sick to my stomach seeing teams like the Nets and Hornets in playoff contention.

Hawks-Thunder would be absolutely ****ing epic. One of the greatest first rounds in history probably.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Injuries are why they arent top 3 in the west. Brooks is a horrible coach with no offensive system. With that being said If OKC can overcome all the injuries and get into the playoffs as the 8th seed i still pick them to beat whomever they play in the 1st round. 90s ball still gets it done in the playoffs. Where stars need to be stars to get you over the hump.