Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Question Funnest type of My Player to make in 2k?

My first My Player I made was a lockdown defending SF with a maxed out wingspan who also gets a ton of assists. I basically just maxed out his defense and then started working on athleticism and passing. It was a lot of fun because he's different than most my players. He ended up on the Blazers, who he was a perfect fit for.

Next I'm thinking about making a 7'3 C with really short arms, but maxing out his 3pt shooting and giving him a lightning quick set release and aiming for landing on the Hawks.

What's your My Player like?

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Funnest type of My Player to make in 2k?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    My first My Player I made was a lockdown defending SF with a maxed out wingspan who also gets a ton of assists. I basically just maxed out his defense and then started working on athleticism and passing. It was a lot of fun because he's different than most my players. He ended up on the Blazers, who he was a perfect fit for.

Next I'm thinking about making a 7'3 C with really short arms, but maxing out his 3pt shooting and giving him a lightning quick set release and aiming for landing on the Hawks.

A scoring PG who scores, duh.

You play 2k to be a role player who takes on a defensive role?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

Even a beta in the game smh

Decent playground baller Practice?'s Avatar

Point guard. You don't have to worry about calling for the ball much.

I usually go undersized SG, usually Slashing or Athletic type because that's essentially what I play in real life. Always slashing/playmaking but can hit the three ball. Almost no mid range game though lol.

Pass first PG's are super fun as well imo, but almost every team has an all star caliber PG nowadays so it's tough to find a good team to run PG with.

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    Even a beta in the game smh
    If you think playing defense makes someone a beta then you're gay and you suck at basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    If you think playing defense makes someone a beta then you're gay and you suck at basketball.
    Andre Roberson plays defense all game and never gets to shoot idgaf what anyone says THATS BETA AF!So doing that shit in a video game when the players are not even real is damn near DELTA
    Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 02-03-2015 at 08:37 PM.

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Practice?
    Point guard. You don't have to worry about calling for the ball much.
    Yeah pretty much this, team ball is good and all but when I'm playing a video game I just want the ball all day

Banned

I find it hard to stick to one player, after a couple of season you just dominate the game regardless of difficulty. The higher difficulties just make your team mates worse but don't really effect your actual play. The most fun is being a 5"6 PG though who has crazy athleticism and steals

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I usually go undersized SG, usually Slashing or Athletic type because that's essentially what I play in real life. Always slashing/playmaking but can hit the three ball. Almost no mid range game though lol.

Pass first PG's are super fun as well imo, but almost every team has an all star caliber PG nowadays so it's tough to find a good team to run PG with.
    In 2k15 the mid range game feels broken, if you have higher enough playmaking and mid range you can do the jab spin move and get enough space to knock down mid range 2's all day. I hate how it penalises you for holding the ball too long though even if you make a basket or get an assist out of the play, even worse when it penalises you for holding the ball too long in the last 20 seconds when you are holding it for the last shot.

I tend to go with a scoring shooting guard. That way you still get to control the pace of the game a bit (especially when you're good enough to start demanding the ball), but it frees you up to play off the ball at times and cause havok on catch and shoots.

Plus you basically get to put your own spin on the Jordan/Kobe style player

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I always make a big point I can play at 3 positions like Penny or a tall 3 I can play at 5 positions like Lamar Odom. Me, gobb, and a couple other oldschool ISHers nobody would remember had a crew when they kept that mode going. My dude Nickel Hardaway(PennyX5) was a 6'7' point we played at 5 positions.

I had 20 assist games....games I outscored the other team...

I pretty much created every shot Gobb made for 2 years though if he sees this hes gonna come in here and deny it.

Im gonna leave this here:

Gobb knows why.

7'3 340 pound center
    max wingspan, max bodylength

grabbing every board in mypark, while also having the stroke of Godbe
    Last edited by G0ATbe; 02-03-2015 at 10:18 PM.

all around small forward

Guy who can average 30 pts in 60% shooting, shooting 3s, jumpers, dunks, layups, everything. Can defend 1-5 and tremendous passing, (A slightly taller lebron.)

I usually make a big pointguard and make him unselfish as hell. I usually aim for averages like 18-8-14 or something like that. Basically a hybrid of young SF Magic and gaudy assist numbers PG Magic. It's really enjoyable doing things other than scoring effectively.

I also tend to make 7 foot centers with an old school game. Probably because Hakeem was one of my favorite players and I kinda miss the dominant 20-10 7 foot center.