Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anthony Davis' amazing season in perspective

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I agree PER is not perfect, but we have to at least factor in how absurdly good the West is right now.

It goes a legit 10 deep and there aren't many pushover wins at all.

Given AD is playing with a poorly constructed roster and a terrible coach...I'd say getting his team in the playoff hunt is super impressive.

I don't think he's been as good as the stats suggest...and his defense is a bit over-rated in my opinion, but he's been amazing.
    Yeah, he's been amazing you dont need per to see that. Just dont argue he belongs in in the list of people with comparable pers.

College superstar

Rookie Shaq put up similar numbers (more boards, less TS) and had a low 20 PER. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Rookie Shaq put up similar numbers (more boards, less TS) and had a low 20 PER. I don't get it.
    the big difference is the ft% and turnovers. AD only has 1.3 turnovers per game compared to 3.8 for rookie shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Shaq rookie season per 36 minutes:

22.2 ppg, 56% shooting, 59% FT, 13.2 reb, 1.8 ast, .7 stl, 3.4 blk, 3.6 TO, 22.9 PER

AD this season per 36 minutes:

24.6 ppg, 55% shooting, 83% FT, 10.5 reb, 1.7 ast, 1.6 stl, 2.8 blk, 1.3 TO, 32 PER

Pretty obvious that he's much more efficient scoring, double the steals, and wayyy less turnovers. Shaq beats him in rebounding and blocks. Since PER is mostly an offensive stat, this makes sense to me.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

pace as well