Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: What would be the best two player combo in history?

AI/Duncan

Imagine AI replacing TP making me wet. 7 Championship minimum

LeBron/Klay

Out of the box... How about Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell?

Any shot from any opponent within 18 feet would plummet statistically. And almost every rebound would go to duo Wilt and Russ.

You get the most individually dominant player of all time. The greatest scorer of all time. Strongest player of all time and probably the best close-to-the-basket rim protector of all time.

Combined with the greatest winner of all time that also happens to be the greatest defensive player of all time and one of the greatest rebounders who utilizes quickness, finesse and agility to work his magic. And they were good friends in real life.

The rim protection alone would make them a nightmare to play against. Wilt planted in the middle protecting that rim with Russell playing the big forwards a little further out and roaming.

Their opposition used to say you HAD to know where Russell was at any given time. If you didn't know where he was, you were in trouble, he'd block your shot out of nowhere. If you knew where he was you could do okay but if he was out side of your vision you were done. Wilt on the other hand, they used to say it was just plain stupid to drive on. He wasn't blocking you sneaking up on you like Russell. He was just planted in the middle daring you to drive, and if you did you'd get rejected or worse injured due to his enormous strength and disdain for wing players that had the audacity to challenge him.

So long as they had some half way decent guards or forwards to handle the ball handling between each half court situation, I think they could dominate on video game levels of unfair.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    I always say MJ and KG. KG is a essentially a more dominant, 7 foot version of Pippen. Their styles, attitude, intensity on both ends would mesh together perfectly.
    I agree with this right here. Jordan/KG gets my vote.

When I started thinking I knew I had to take in to consideration how the 2 players would mesh. I knew pairing Jordan with Wilt or Shaq would cause them to butt heads.

Then I thought about Duncan, the ultimate Beta. But hes a system player and he wouldn't be as good if he wasn't babied by the Spurs.

Then came Hakeem who would be epic paired with MJ, but can't match MJ's intensity like KG can so thats why i gotta go with my boy KG.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Out of the box... How about Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell?

Any shot from any opponent within 18 feet would plummet statistically. And almost every rebound would go to duo Wilt and Russ.

You get the most individually dominant player of all time. The greatest scorer of all time. Strongest player of all time and probably the best close-to-the-basket rim protector of all time.

Combined with the greatest winner of all time that also happens to be the greatest defensive player of all time and one of the greatest rebounders who utilizes quickness, finesse and agility to work his magic. And they were good friends in real life.

The rim protection alone would make them a nightmare to play against. Wilt planted in the middle protecting that rim with Russell playing the big forwards a little further out and roaming.

Their opposition used to say you HAD to know where Russell was at any given time. If you didn't know where he was, you were in trouble, he'd block your shot out of nowhere. If you knew where he was you could do okay but if he was out side of your vision you were done. Wilt on the other hand, they used to say it was just plain stupid to drive on. He wasn't blocking you sneaking up on you like Russell. He was just planted in the middle daring you to drive, and if you did you'd get rejected or worse injured due to his enormous strength and disdain for wing players that had the audacity to challenge him.

So long as they had some half way decent guards or forwards to handle the ball handling between each half court situation, I think they could dominate on video game levels of unfair.

Lebron and Duncan. They both make winning plays and would be hell to deal with on defense and on the glass.

I'm trying to picture Jordan standing around while Hakeem has the ball in the post. I just don't see Jordan playing with a post player all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by the mesiah
    Could be, or MJ and Bill Russell

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    If you could take any two players to start your franchise right as they are about to enter their prime.

Possible GOAT combinations:

Hakeem Jordan

Magic Shaq

Lebron Duncan

Larry Wilt

Bill Bryant
    These two would be the best "fits." They would compliment each other better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Lebron and Duncan. They both make winning plays and would be hell to deal with on defense and on the glass.

I'm trying to picture Jordan standing around while Hakeem has the ball in the post. I just don't see Jordan playing with a post player all that well.
    Jordan > LeBron
    KG > Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Could be, or MJ and Bill Russell
    I just think if perhaps Jordan ain't got it going that nite or go up against a bad boys style of team ,Wilt next up in line to give them a nightmare. With bill , he has no O in case jordan is on a off nite or wants to defer.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

I guess you probably just pick your favorite big + your GOAT....So Jordan+Ducan. Duncan doesn't care about being THE man even when he is. Actually, Jordan probably already had his perfect pair..no not Pippen, but Rodman.. Jordan take all the shots, Rodman rebounds the misses, doesn't want to shots on offense.. I bet if Jordan could pick he'd pick Rodman :)

But you could have a pretty versatile team if you started with say Magic and LeBron. You could literally fill in Best Player Available every draft/free agent and put them around them.

Something like Duncan + Wilt/KAJ would be interesting to completely stop inside the paint scoring and rebounding on both sides plus carrying the team on offense.

Banned

Kevin Durant.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I wonder how MJ/Wilt could even get along? I guess Phil Jackson could make it work, but they both have an ego. Shaq/Kobe style? Probably less dramatic than them tho.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnFire
    I guess you probably just pick your favorite big + your GOAT....So Jordan+Ducan. Duncan doesn't care about being THE man even when he is. Actually, Jordan probably already had his perfect pair..no not Pippen, but Rodman.. Jordan take all the shots, Rodman rebounds the misses, doesn't want to shots on offense.. I bet if Jordan could pick he'd pick Rodman :)

But you could have a pretty versatile team if you started with say Magic and LeBron. You could literally fill in Best Player Available every draft/free agent and put them around them.

Something like Duncan + Wilt/KAJ would be interesting to completely stop inside the paint scoring and rebounding on both sides plus carrying the team on offense.
    I like that.