Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How can you say Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler are better than Harden?Like seriously.

1 Player is the 1st option on his team.
    1 Player run the offense for the whole team he cant just "go for his"
    1 Player averages more ppg rpg and apg than the other 2
    1 Player was the best player on a team that went to the playoffs
    1 Player is not playing with a former mvp/mvp caliber PG
    1 Player actually makes people around them better

and that 1 player is James "The Barber" Harden...Kobe has passed the torch to the right man

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: How can you say Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler are better than Harden?Like seriously.

Nobody credible thinks Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler are better than Harden.

Look at it this way. How many people have Klay or Jimmy in their top 5 MVPs? Everyone has Harden as top 2, if not #1. Obviously Harden is better. Put Klay/Butler on the Rockets in place of Harden, and the Rockets get much worse.

Default Re: How can you say Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler are better than Harden?Like seriously.

Thompson and Butler are legit second options. Lord knows I'd love to have either one of them on the Rockets, but right now there are maybe, maybe, 10 true, elite, number one options.

The rest of the players all serve a purpose, they fill a role. Essentially they are role players, but I don't say that as a demeaning term. Thompson's role is to bang threes, Butler's role is to play high level defense and create from time to time. There's nothing wrong with that, and they both fill their roles extremely well.

Curry is the star of the Warriors, no matter who tries to argue Thompson is a star himself. The rest of the guys on that team exist to compliment his strengths and to cover his weaknesses. That's how 'teams' work.

Its ignorant to argue that either are as good as Harden, but they are not the same players nor do they have the same 'role'. I would go so far as to say that Thompson and Butler are much better second options than Harden would ever be, because that's who they are, and that's who he is.

Butler or Klay would have to win Defensive Player of the Year for this to even be a comparison, and even then Harden is better.

Jimmy does't belong in the decision, but it is unfair to say Klay has no opportunity when he is stuck being the second option and not having full reigns to do as he pleases, and swapping the two, I don't see much of a production nor record drop in Hueston while I can see some issues in Golden State.

The fact that Klay also plays real well on both sides as opposed to being a defensive turnstile also helps.

in other news i new that nikka reigns gonna be the new star i called ths shet months ago on here hes that dude

Some stats for you guys:

Klay Thompson as a 2nd option:

23 PPG, 3.0 APG, 3.6 RPG 48% FG

James Harden as a 3rd option:

19 PPG, 4.2 APG, 4.7 RPG, 49.1% FG

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Jimmy does't belong in the decision, but it is unfair to say Klay has no opportunity when he is stuck being the second option and not having full reigns to do as he pleases, and swapping the two, I don't see much of a production nor record drop in Hueston while I can see some issues in Golden State.

The fact that Klay also plays real well on both sides as opposed to being a defensive turnstile also helps.
    Averaging 25 and running a whole offense + averaging 25 are 2 different animals.You have never seen Klay run a offense wtf do you think just because he can score he would just be able to go out and get people open shots left and right like harden????Klay has never in any game ever (even when steph is hurt) shown that he can run a offense.

And while it is debatable that Klay could be a legitimate #1 option, I simply point to the % of FG's he makes that are assisted. Its an extremely high number. Almost 90% of his made 3pt FG's are off assists.

I don't know if he has that 'take over the game' mentality that you need to lead a team to a respectful record over an 82 game season. Yeah, he got hot for a quarter. Real fcking hot. But lots of no names have dropped 50 once a season, very few have averaged 25+ all 82 games.

I just don't see Klay being able to be as efficient as he is without Curry.

Do people even realize that Harden is putting up 27/5/7 on .618 TS%? Those are essentially prime LeBron numbers but with worse defense. There's no way Klay is capable of carrying that load

They're not better. Klay has a better argument than Butler though, and I'd still take him over Harden on GSW just because he's a much better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    They're not better. Klay has a better argument than Butler though, and I'd still take him over Harden on GSW just because he's a much better fit.
    That I agree with.

Like I said, Harden will probably never ever again in his life be a second option. He'd quit or rip the team apart.

Thompson and Butler are second options, which is fine, and it seems that's the perfect role for them, so good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    That I agree with.

Like I said, Harden will probably never ever again in his life be a second option. He'd quit or rip the team apart.

Thompson and Butler are second options, which is fine, and it seems that's the perfect role for them, so good for them.
    Yup. Harden on GSW could still work if Curry played off-ball a lot more, but Klay fits really well into the system. Swap Harden for Klay on the Rockets and I'm not sure how Klay does though. Not sure if he'd be able to be primary ball handler like Harden is

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    That I agree with.

He's never shown any cancerous tendencies so i call bullshit on this