Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star

Default Re: Hassan Whiteside, this generation's Anthony Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    With so any players they are bound to get some wrong over time. Easy for us to sit here after he's played well to ask why he wasn't given a shot earlier.
    I disagree. I think that with players of his size there are very few with his combination of tools - height, mobility, strength, soft touch and timing. There are likely under 50 people in the world comparable to him (when you combine all those elements).

Pretty much every NBA player with a similar combination of his tools is successful that I've seen from recent memory. I'm not talking tall guys, or heavy guys, but guys that truly have a similar combination of height, reach, timing, mobility, strength and quickness.

Ruby Gobert
    Deandre Jordan
    Andrew Bynum
    Roy Hibbert
    Tyson Chandler

I'm sure there is the odd exception here or there that doesn't make it who has that combination.....but i'd say pretty much 80% have become starters at worse. Just doesn't make sense to me that he wasn't given a legitimate shot by so many teams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Anthony Davis is this generation's Anthony Davis.
    truu

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He's 4 years older than Anthony Davis.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Anthony Davis is this generation's Anthony Davis.
    HAHA, i was going to post the exact same thing. they are both part of the same generation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    And they're completely different players. Whiteside has a bigger defensive impact, while Davis is the opposite.

god damnit this is the dumbest post ever. im so mad

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

To those wondering where he came from and why now... on Lebotard, I think the national espn show was airing a national championship preview... but in Miami they had Amin Elhassan (writer, former nba exec i think) and he said Whiteside was a headcase and a "jackass" when he came into the league... his words "jackass". Noting even his college coaching staff thought he was delusional. He said its hard to shake that stigma in the NBA and people moved on.. all this while still saying upside of a slightly less athletic DeAndre Jordan...

Telling NBA GM's he had nothing to work on his game to contribute... and when saying, thats great confidence but even Kobe/LeBron work on their game he still said nothing... he thought he was better than he was and he had to go play in europe to get his head together... hopefully.

so maybe it can be a great story of a guy humbling himself... I guess he won't be getting too much out of line with Zo still around along with Haslem, Bird, and Wade.
    Last edited by OnFire; 01-15-2015 at 01:54 PM.