Thread: Be the Spurs GM

Serious playground baller

Default Be the Spurs GM

The Spurs have been the class of the NBA for the past 17 years, and the one thing that could finally push them into rarefied air is another ring. That being said, how would you build a team next year that will be athletic enough to deal with a rejuvenated Cavs and Thunder squads, and deep enough to handle the Rockets, and the Clippers. Do they need more wing athletes or should they just load up on shooters. What say you?

Default Re: Be the Spurs GM

I'd get DeAndre or LaMarcus, and add a cheap vet PG in case Parker is having another injury year.

Marc Gasol is the number one guy they should target, I've seen rumors that he could be interested in signing there. They're still a great team but they've got to look toward the future at some point, this core is nearing the end. Need somebody to pair with Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    I'd get DeAndre or LaMarcus, and add a cheap vet PG in case Parker is having another injury year.
    Should just let Patty mill get his minutes. Legit shooter

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Blow it up. Force Ginobili into retirement. Dump Duncan to some championship contender for youth/pick(s). Highlight a hopefully healthy Parker early on to raise back his value and then trade him. Build around the amazing core of Leonard, picks from the trades, Patty Mills, and Red Rocket. Suck for a couple years, use Spurs wizardry to draft another stud in the lottery. Relocate to Seattle.

Deandre Jordan is not a Spurs player. Spurs players can pass and/or shoot. All of them. Jordan can't do either.

I'd like to stick with the team the way it is (except Ayres - maybe get a veteran big to replace him) - just draft an athletic big (4) - have Chip Engelland work on his shot.

Splitter and Parker just need to be healthy. Re-sign Green and Kwahi (hope that they both continue to improve). Focus more on Kwahi on offense instead of Parker.

Spurs seem to be targeting M. Gasol/LMA - but they are pipe dreams - no good free agent EVER comes to San Antonio.