Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 9 teams in the western conference can beat anyone in the east in a playoff series

chicago is bad matchup for half these teams.
    even the cavs when they sort their shit would beat at least a couple.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Default Re: 9 teams in the western conference can beat anyone in the east in a playoff series

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    The hawks look like a juggernaut right now and Chicago seems built for the playoffs. but other then that I wouldn't take any eastern team in a series vs. any of the top 8 western teams.

Seriously, Who would take Washington or Toronto vs. any West playoff team?
    You dont think washingto/toronto could beat phoenix? bledsoe and IT would chuck them out of the game. Phoenix has potential, but those guys basketball IQ isnt so high. I think they need a one more piece

Pistons are undefeated against the West since waiving Josh Smith...

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    chicago is bad matchup for half these teams.
    even the cavs when they sort their shit would beat at least a couple.
    If people aren't buying into Atlanta why would they buy into Chicago when they've clearly been the inferior team? Too caught up in reputations and not the present? Only explanation I think.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Chicago and the Hawks would beat almost every team from the West in a 7 game series. Im just not buying on all of those no defense teams. Spurs will still be the toughest opponent for the eastern teams. All other teams are beatable IMO.

Mavs, Rockets, Clippers, Suns are all the same shitty regular season teams. I would pick the Wizards over all of them in a series.

If I had to choose my favourites, it would be like this:

Spurs
    Bulls
    Warriors
    Hawks
    Grizzlies

I dont see any other team other than these 5 and the Cavs and Thunder making the finals (but for the last two still a lot of questions to be answered till the end of the season, they need to figure it out very fast).

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Bullshit

The top East teams can beat the top West teams, stop bring such a homer, fggot. For all this talk about how much better the West is, since 2004 the West has won 6 NBA championships while the East has 5, that's a whopping 1 more chip than the East, lol.

Since 1999 the head to head conference record is 11-5. It's very convenient to start measuring from 2004, when every single championship from 2000-2004 was decided in the western conference finals because the east was so overmatched.

From 1999-2003, the east won 6 nba finals games.

There have been exactly 3 legitimate teams from the East since 1999: Pistons, Celtics, Heat

legitimate western contenders during the same stretch? Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Lakers, Rockets, OKC, and I'm leaving out the Jazz, Melo Nuggets, Clippers and Grizzlies. I'm leaving those teams out primarily because they couldn't break through due to the immense competition in the western conference. The only teams from the western conference that wouldn't have broken through the east at some point are Portland, Minnesota, Golden State, and NO.

It's becoming a problem for the league. That's why I'm bringing this up. Western owners need to start getting pissed when their teams miss the playoffs but would have finished with HCA in the east.

We are being deprived of some truly sensational nba finals encounters, often replaced with duds. A Lakers/Spurs finals matchup would have been epic, instead of Lakers/Nets, Spurs/Nets. Common.

I usually hit open layups emaugust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Since 1999 the head to head conference record is 11-5. It's very convenient to start measuring from 2004, when every single championship from 2000-2004 was decided in the western conference finals because the east was so overmatched.

From 1999-2003, the east won 6 nba finals games.

There have been exactly 3 legitimate teams from the East since 1999: Pistons, Celtics, Heat

legitimate western contenders during the same stretch? Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Lakers, Rockets, OKC, and I'm leaving out the Jazz, Melo Nuggets, Clippers and Grizzlies. I'm leaving those teams out primarily because they couldn't break through due to the immense competition in the western conference. The only teams from the western conference that wouldn't have broken through the east at some point are Portland, Minnesota, Golden State, and NO.

It's becoming a problem for the league. That's why I'm bringing this up. Western owners need to start getting pissed when their teams miss the playoffs but would have finished with HCA in the east.

We are being deprived of some truly sensational nba finals encounters, often replaced with duds. A Lakers/Spurs finals matchup would have been epic, instead of Lakers/Nets, Spurs/Nets. Common.
    East is like 36 - 29 all time in championships. Your argument is kind of short sighted, the pendulum is always swinging.

NBA sixth man of the year

If the Hawks play this way they would beat the Thunder and their old and outdated style of offense. You know, have their 2 best players toss up shots and hope for the best!
    Last edited by Hotlantadude81; 01-16-2015 at 11:18 PM.

They're 8 WC Contenders and 3 EC Contenders.

Hawks, Bulls, Cavaliers (LeBron factor) v.s. West Top 8 (Switch Suns with OKC)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    They're 8 WC Contenders and 3 EC Contenders.

Hawks, Bulls, Cavaliers (LeBron factor) v.s. West Top 8 (Switch Suns with OKC)
    The Clippers, Mavs, Suns, Rockets and the Thunder are not contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    The Clippers, Mavs, Suns, Rockets and the Thunder are not contenders.
    I just said the Suns are not contenders..

But yes, the Clippers, Mavs, Rockets and Thunder deserve to be in that category. They're too good to be excluded due to the UBER comp. And I doubt they're any worse than the 3 mentioned EC teams. Perhaps the Clippers, but they'll gel.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I just said the Suns are not contenders..

But yes, the Clippers, Mavs, Rockets and Thunder deserve to be in that category. They're too good to be excluded due to the UBER comp. And I doubt they're any worse than the 3 mentioned EC teams. Perhaps the Clippers, but they'll gel.
    The Thunder needs more talent and better coaching. Outside of tonight, they haven't been impressive this year.

The Clippers are talented, but they have no heart and no depth. They don't seem to have much team chemistry either. They have nights where they look great, but many nights they don't look so impressive. This Clippers team has been together for a while and they can't get over the hump.

Dallas hasn't really beaten anyone. They might be slightly better than Washington. But I don't think Rondo has helped them all that much, and they have no defense.

These teams are talented, but they all have some big issue it seems.

I think Portland needs to make a trade for some bench help. If they do that, they can give Golden State a run for their money.