Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nets for Sale

Default Re: Nets for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    mixed reports on this. one side says that prokhorov didn't initiate while the other side says he hired an advisor. Anyways, team would be worth $1.8b to $2.2b because of the $1b arena. plus, prokhorov is interested in selling controlling share, which does make the offer more appealing. team has been a playoff team under his regime but he paid way too much money for shit. prokhorov was a fun and terrific owner. no owner in the history of this league will ever again pay $200m in taxes. he did it once, will pay over $100m in taxes this year and that kind of spending is admirable. you have my respect mr. prokhorov. if you do decide to sell this team this year, good luck in your future endeavors. it was fun having russian's own this team.
    He never paid $200M in taxes, the total payroll was $189M. And he's not selling the arena. And he DID hire an advisor, that's not arguable, that's why this is out there. The "official spin" since you seem to like the nets spin is that is for Ratner's pct.

Prokorov hired a company which matches sellers with buyers for assets like the Nets. Believing a spin that he's not selling at this point with that company being hired is amazing to me.

I don't get this. Prokorov moved you to Brooklyn. Huge positive. He put Billy King in charge. He allowed him to trade all your picks till 2019. Note: It's 2015. He's stopped spending and allowed Pierce to leave. Note the Nets can't score and are falling apart. He's getting ready to sell so the team is in limbo.

If I was a Net fan, i'd thank him for the move, and be thrilled that someone with some sense of a longterm plan might buy us because Prokorov's thinking is completely short term.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

It will be interesting to see what the selling price is. To the posters thinking it will match the Clippers. That was the perfect storm LA market, huge money mark, and CP3 and Blake in their prime. Nets do have a new arena tied into the deal so its tough to say.
    VC3 needs to take it easy on the compliments all Prok did was trade future picks for ridic contracts. Win now moves for a team that is now done.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    It will be interesting to see what the selling price is. To the posters thinking it will match the Clippers. That was the perfect storm LA market, huge money mark, and CP3 and Blake in their prime. Nets do have a new arena tied into the deal so its tough to say.
    VC3 needs to take it easy on the compliments all Prok did was trade future picks for ridic contracts. Win now moves for a team that is now done.

It will match the Clippers sale or come very close. Brooklyn has now become the second most expensive city to live in. For potential buyers of the Nets that's dollar signs all day....

What a fken smart investment. No wonder he's so fken rich

Shaq needs to buy the Nets

Rats leaving the sinking ship. Brooklyn will be terrible for years to come, and Boston will only get better using their unprotected picks.

Nets fans really drink the koolaid. They're upset about Prokorov selling (I don't get that) and they are accepting the party line that this isn't a sale, it's just a valuation. Prokorov hired a company that finds buyers so he could ask them what they'd pay and then say "psyche, I'm not selling".

WTF...