Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nets for Sale

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Nets for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It will be the party line "THE NETS SAID THEY ARE NOT SELLING SO THEY ARE NOT SELLING". Despite an avalanche of info to the contrary.
    I hope he sells the team just so something can happen other than being an 8th seed in a shitty conference with no picks. You know a team is hopeless when our biggest bright spot is Mason Plumlee

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    not only did he do all that damage, he is going to bank when the team sells. they said he got the team for $200 million and the team might fetch more than the $2 billion the clipps sold for

The Nets aren't worth more than the Clippers.

The original sale to Prokorov never made sense...EXCEPT the fact the NBA wanted a piece of Prokorov's deep pockets.

Firstly, selling American team's to foreign interests is always strange to me...but especially this Russian dude, because there are so many rumors he made his money in shady or illegal deals. David Stern closed his eyes.

Next, if you are Prokorov...with all your billions, of all the things you can do in life...why would a Russian guy buy an American basketball team? Why? It never ever made sense...is he even a basketball fan? Sure, it was entertaining to see him spend money but the whole thing was just odd...so this potential sale doesn't surprise me at all.

The real question is...what is the franchise worth? If Clippers got $2 billion, why wouldn't the Nets get that too, if not more?

Let's hope an investing group headed by Bruce Springsteen buys it and moves it back to New Jersey.

I'll give you 11 first rounders and a bag of Lay's.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The original sale to Prokorov never made sense...EXCEPT the fact the NBA wanted a piece of Prokorov's deep pockets.

Firstly, selling American team's to foreign interests is always strange to me...but especially this Russian dude, because there are so many rumors he made his money in shady or illegal deals. David Stern closed his eyes.

Next, if you are Prokorov...with all your billions, of all the things you can do in life...why would a Russian guy buy an American basketball team? Why? It never ever made sense...is he even a basketball fan? Sure, it was entertaining to see him spend money but the whole thing was just odd...so this potential sale doesn't surprise me at all.

The real question is...what is the franchise worth? If Clippers got $2 billion, why wouldn't the Nets get that too, if not more?
    Because along with being in Los Angeles, the Clippers are a contending team with two marketable superstars under 30.

The Nets are a bad team in luxury tax hell with no marketable players. Yeah, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Because along with being in Los Angeles, the Clippers are a contending team with two marketable superstars under 30.

The Nets are a bad team in luxury tax hell with no marketable players. Yeah, that's why.
    Regarding the Clipps, that's all gonna change if they don't get it done in 2 years. Lakers will always be the hot ticket, and once they start the re-build, that billionaire owner is gonna stop dancing. Make it happen NOW, Clipps.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Regarding the Clipps, that's all gonna change if they don't get it done in 2 years. Lakers will always be the hot ticket, and once they start the re-build, that billionaire owner is gonna stop dancing. Make it happen NOW, Clipps.
    I certainly agree that we need to make it happen now, but Blake is also only 25 years old, so our the window is far from closing.

I certainly agree that we need to make it happen now, but Blake is also only 25 years old, so our the window is far from closing.
    I meant fan-base wise, But I think you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I meant fan-base wise, But I think you know that.
    Oh of course. I agree with that.

Wait...you think it's better to be in LA than NY?

Plus the Clippers are one of the worst franchises in professional sports. They are the Clippers. They will always be the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Wait...you think it's better to be in LA than NY?

Plus the Clippers are one of the worst franchises in professional sports. They are the Clippers. They will always be the Clippers.
    So in other words...you have nothing.

College superstar

you can't just look at the name and contract - and the manager prokhorov hired did just that. gotta go with advanced stats and hire the best scouts to get talent from anywhere you can. terribly built team and leadership up top.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

mixed reports on this. one side says that prokhorov didn't initiate while the other side says he hired an advisor. Anyways, team would be worth $1.8b to $2.2b because of the $1b arena. plus, prokhorov is interested in selling controlling share, which does make the offer more appealing. team has been a playoff team under his regime but he paid way too much money for shit. prokhorov was a fun and terrific owner. no owner in the history of this league will ever again pay $200m in taxes. he did it once, will pay over $100m in taxes this year and that kind of spending is admirable. you have my respect mr. prokhorov. if you do decide to sell this team this year, good luck in your future endeavors. it was fun having russian's own this team.

Maybe he used the NBA to launder his money and he finished the task. Time to go.